• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you were to have any superpower what would it be and why.

~Kari~

I would want to control time. It would be awesome to travel to the past and future. I would also want telekinesis and flight.

HolyNova Lucario

Average as average can be
I would want to control time. It would be awesome to travel to the past and future. I would also want telekinesis and flight.
If you control the boundary of time you can disrupt the time flow of the universe causing unnatural disasters which can tear the time space continuum, which is very dangerous.

deoxysdude94

Meme Historian
X-ray vision for... inappropriate reasons.

~Demon Maxwell~

The Clever Girl
The ability to fly; seriously, give me a set of wings, and I will be damn happy.

However, a good substitute would be invisibility. I love both pranking people, and being alone: invisibility could enable me to jump out on people, and even spook 'em with the old "ghost" façade... and could also hide me when I'm in a "leave me alone" mood. Which is pretty often.

I would have teleportation it would make a lot of things quite easier on me, and eliminate the need to learn to drive. Compulsion also wouldn't hurt so that I can finally land a damn job!

I can see good things and bad from immortality. Yes you would have to see the people you love now eventually die, but you would also get to see new family members born. Your family would never die off completely (unless something unexpected happened).

I don't agree with this.
First of all one person's blood dilutes out of the DNA and is gone by the 3rd or 4th generation. So eventually you would no longer be blood related to your descendants. And Would you really want to see your children and grandchildren become older than you?
Having to learn to love new people and then saying goodbye every several years would actually be quite painful. It will start to feel pointless to even get close to anyone knowing they'll eventually go on without you, age, die. I am sure anyone with one of those military or traveling business family childhoods where they were moved around the globe all the time experience almost exactly this. Once they form what should be a lifelong bond with their new friends it's time to move again.

Dying is part of the natural order. No one was meant to live forever. Death is why we live, it's what gives us that push.

"Life has meaning specifically because there is an end, death is what forces people to live"
- Angel of Death, Charmed.

Last edited:

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
The ability to snap people into the reality instead of being brainwashed by our govt. That's pretty much it and why.

Pikachu Fan Number Nine

Don't Mess wit Texas
I'd take any I could get, especially shapeshifting, telekinesis, and pyrokinesis

Monster Guy

Fairy type Trainer
I'd love the ability to control time, so I could go back and fix my mistakes, and pause time sometimes when I need a little peace and quiet.

I'd also love teleportation, a much better form of transportation than driving. xD

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Okay, I've been reading oodles of comics recently and I have grown very fond of the symbiotes...bar the madness...

Well If I could have any superpower I would want to stop time and take control because when I'm in school I can just zap myself to the future. When I forgot to do homework I stop time ;]

I would love that!

mjunior3

Link Jokers!
i would like to fly, teleport, shapeshift, and have x-ray vision. i could go anywhere, be anything, and see anything. thats about it.

HolyNova Lucario

Average as average can be
I'd love the ability to control time, so I could go back and fix my mistakes, and pause time sometimes when I need a little peace and quiet.

I'd also love teleportation, a much better form of transportation than driving. xD
Again if you control the boundary of time you can disrupt the time flow of the universe causing unnatural disasters which can tear the time space continuum, which is still very dangerous.

Lucario Fan

Terrakinesis or Chronokinesis and definitely Invulnerability.

Kiruria

La Melancolie Noir
^^ Indeed. Suck on that, those of you who want to control lightning or stop time.

Anyway, the superpower I'd want without a doubt would be telekinesis. It's always been my favourite superpower, and one that I think would be awesome to have. Especially given I'm small and emotionally stable, I think it would be both safe and practical. It would make moving furniture around a lot easier, and if I could also use it on myself, I could use it to fly as well--though probably not that efficiently, but who cares. Since telekinesis is based on controlling the aura, that power could also be extended to create little invisible energy pulses, which would be good for self-defense. In more advanced stages, those same pulses could even be used to make a little hole in the clouds, in case some patch of ground needs a little bit of sunshine. Granted, it would be hard to control that aspect of it (especially where the sunshine patch would end up), but still...

I would also like the ability to see other people's auras. It would almost have the same effect as mind-reading, but without the possibility of accidentally discovering dirty thoughts that contain too much information, or giving the person a feeling of penetration into their mind. Aura reading would provide me a way to tell how someone's feeling, what their personality is like, if they're lying or telling the truth about something, if they're trying to hide a secret, and also if and where they are feeling pain. Come to think of it, I've actually heard of people who can do this in real life, and even that it's a skill that can be mastered (but it must take a lot of practice).

Remote viewing would also be a cool power to have. It would be useful for, say, detecting hidden enemies or obstacles, determining what the weather will be like in a faraway location, seeing what my boyfriend is really doing on that "vacation" he said he's taking, seeing distant stars as they are now rather than as they were millions of years ago, etc. I would of course use a crystal ball or a mirror or something to perform this viewing.

Dreamy

I would want the ability to control every subatomic particle in my body individually.

I've always thought this would be an awesome ability, just imagine the possibilities. I could turn myself into basically an invisible dust cloud and reform individual body parts for combat and such things. I could pass through the tiniest of cracks and crevices, only an air-lock could contain me.

Each atom, maybe molecule, would be cloaked in an impermeable telekinetic force-field to protect them, which also allows me to manipulate them.

Yeah there are some obvious flaws in this ability, but all supernatural powers have their flaws.

Edit: I assume that most of us understand that most of these are pure fantasy, Yes obviously physics prevents 99.9% of these from being possible, but let's just have fun with it.

Last edited: