• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you were to make R/S/E better...

Status
Not open for further replies.

PerishCount

What would edit in Pokémon R/S/E? Sort of like if the games were re-made, what would you add that they didn't add in the first games?

I don't want this to be like a remake discussion thread. It's against the R/S/E forum rules. I just want to know what you would change in R/S/E if you could make a version of it in the 5th Gen.

PLEASE DO NOT DISCUSS REMAKES. Once again, discussing it is against the rules, this thread will get closed, and remakes won't be made for a long time.

So anyways,

I were to add things to R/S/E, you would have the National Dex before the Elite 4. You would be able to catch Pachirisu and Emolga in rustling grass on that route where you can catch Minun and Plusle. Litwick would be available in Mt. Pyre, and Dark Pulse would be a TM again.

See where I'm going?

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
I would make R/S/E better by making the Routes bigger (just a little because Hoenn is huge), some attacks weren't very strong, A Yamask could be found in Mt. Pyre along with Golett and Misdreavus, The Shoal Cave to have daily items in it, and have more Pokemon that are in the original Hoenn Pokedex appear on earlier routes because some appear near the Pokemon League like you should be able to find a Spheal at Route 105 because there's water there and things like that.

Last edited:

PerishCount

I would make R/S/E better by making the Routes bigger (just a little because Hoenn is huge), some attacks weren't very strong, A Yamask could be found in Mt. Pyre along with Golett and Misdreavus, The Shoal Cave to have daily items in it, and have more Pokemon that are in the original Hoenn Pokedex appear on earlier routes because some appear near the Pokemon League like you should be able to find a Spheal at Route 105 because there's water there and things like that.

It would be nice if they made the routes a little larger. It would be nice if they made Petalburg city a little larger. I've always thought it was kind of small for a city with a gym. As for making moves more powerful, I think they did that in B&W. It would be nice if moves like Sing and Poison Powder had higher accuracy, though.

White_Roar~

Mother Monster
It would be nice if they made the routes a little larger. It would be nice if they made Petalburg city a little larger. I've always thought it was kind of small for a city with a gym. As for making moves more powerful, I think they did that in B&W. It would be nice if moves like Sing and Poison Powder had higher accuracy, though.

I agree for Sing and PoisonPowder those should have higher accuracy

arceus03

I would make the sea routes less... random. If there's one reason I don't like RSE much it's because of those. It's so wide and hard to navigate. I don't mind if it's long, as long as it has boulders here and there, but Hoenn sea is just so... huge it's hard not to get lost there. I didn't even bother to try and find all the trainers and the diving spots; I simply went ahead with the story.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I would add more Pokemon to the Safari Zone. imo the Pokemon aren't that diverse.

PerishCount

I would add more Pokemon to the Safari Zone. imo the Pokemon aren't that diverse.

I agree. They made it better in Emerald, but in Ruby and Sapphire, the only things you could really find were Wobuffet, Pikachu, Girafarig, and Oddish. In my opinion, they really should put stuff like Murkrow (since it's near Mt. Pyre) and Buizel. (I know Buizel wasn't in the third generation, but if there was a Ruby and Sapphire in gen 5 or 6, that would be cool.)

dragon user

I'd give the E4 a roster update after you first beat them.

yeah the same leveled e4 on ruby and sapphire were just annoying (i know this kinda isn't what you meant but anyway) if i don't update the pokes i'd atleast do the levels

Escheria

Ray Tracer
Let's see...

1) Add all updates that came in 4th gen and up, so it would be up-to-date.
2) Replace Trainers Eyes wit VS Seeker. Trainers eyes is kinda too random and with VS seeker you can battle the guys you want.
3) Rebattle gym leaders as often as you like. You could go to their gym and schedule a match on a certain day for the feature to be fair.
4) Updated E4, of course! Once you beat the E4, you can challenge them again with added 4th gen pokemon. If you beat them again, then 5th gen pokemon are added to the final mix.
5) A lot more diving areas, some treasure hunting and maybe even divers as trainers! Underwater pokemon battles would be awesome. I think all pokemon that are not water should have their HP gradually lowered. You know, not every pokemon can hold their breath infinitely. I'd say an effect like Toxic would be appropriate, but it's too punishing, so rather Poison like.
6) Larger Safari Zone with various environments. Safari mimicking Hoenn would be cool. Exotic pokemon could be unlocked after national dex and with that maybe some extra areas.
7) If the game cartridge would fit this, then maybe visiting a few isles near Hoenn would be awesome. Not just for a legendary pokemon, but to have some more areas to explore.. maybe having a huge mountain that will have a snowy peak containing a lot of ice pokemon. I know Hoenn already has a few peaks, but I just want more varied environment and snow is missing in Hoenn.
8) MIRAGE ISLAND MORE COMMON. A little % boost would be very welcome :(

And I am sure I could think of more cool stuff, but this should be enough for now.

Moog2

Must stay awake...
Aside from what's already been mentioned? You keep the old fellow's boat. It would travelling on water quite a bit quicker.

Escheria

Ray Tracer
Nah, rather get own boat. I'd feel sorry for having to use old fella's boat.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'd add Unova and Sinnoh pokemon to it, that is about it

Psyanic

( ⌐▀-▀)
There should definitely be a change to Secret Bases. I didn't like that you had such limited item space, since I bought so many things and I wanted to put in more Pokemon Dolls in there, and it was annoying since you had to waste an item slot putting in a rug. I think you should be able to battle Steven a lot more times, just like Red –*every time you beat the Elite Four, he should become available as well. And the Elite Four should probably level up on the second visit. I'd also like there to be more of a post-story, like finding Archie and Maxie if they never returned the orbs or something.

LightSuicune

Hmm... Uhh, maybe more areas to explore? I was happy with the games as they were though! *crosses fingers for R/S remakes*

Status
Not open for further replies.