• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If you're a real gamer. Name 30 games.

Pyrax

The Ghost of Tsushima
I know they're from the same developers but how similar is the gameplay between these and the Persona series?
There are some similarities, but otherwise they're very different imo - the only things in common are the demons/personas as well as certain skills and elements. Lunar phases can be found in mainline, Persona and other spinoffs, but it works very differently depending on the game. Social Links/Confidants and the calendar system are exclusive to later Persona entries (P3/P4/P5). In most SMT titles (and P1/P2/P5), demons are gained through negotiation, while new personas in P3 and P4 are gained through shuffle time. The Persona series also lacks the alignment routes (Law/Chaos/Neutral) found in most SMT games.
In short, the similarities only extend to most demons/personas, skills and elements.

Last edited:

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
1 Pokemon (games in general)
2 Golden Sun
3 Super Mario Bros 3
4 Super Mario Land
5 Super Mario Maker
6 Tetris
7 Solar Striker
8 Digimon World 3
9 Plants Vs. Zombies
10 Salt and Sanctuary
11 Animal Crossing
12 Monster Hunter
13 Primal
14 Draken: The Ancients Gates
15 Final Fantasy (games in general)
16 Super Mario World
17 Super Mario Bros 2
18 Duck Hunt
19 Paper Boy
20 Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
21 Devil May Cry
22 Soul Reaver 2
23 Dark Cloud
24 Plantera
25 The Last of Us
26 Mario Kart 7
27 Super Smash Bros 4 Wii U/3DS
28 Splatoon
29 Minecraft
30 Life is Strange

Kage-Pikachu

There are some similarities, but otherwise they're very different imo - the only things in common are the demons/personas as well as certain skills and elements. Lunar phases can be found in mainline, Persona and other spinoffs, but it works very differently depending on the game. Social Links/Confidants and the calendar system are exclusive to later Persona entries (P3/P4/P5). In most SMT titles (and P1/P2/P5), demons are gained through negotiation, while new personas in P3 and P4 are gained through shuffle time. The Persona series also lacks the alignment routes (Law/Chaos/Neutral) found in most SMT games.
In short, the similarities only extend to most demons/personas, skills and elements.
Thank you for that explanation, I think I'll buy SMT 5 when it comes to switch, I'd rather have a PS4 port though since that's my main console but we'll see. Persona 5 was m first Persona title (though I saw the Persona 4 anime beforehand and have played both Persona 4 Arena and Arena Ultimax) and I really enjoyed it so I'll definitely give this series a chance too!

Marchbaby

1. Brothers in Arms Road to Hill 30
2. Brothers in Arms Earned in Blood
3. Brothers in Arms Hells Highway
4. Pokemon Heartgold/Soulsilver
5. The Last of Us
6. Banjo Tooie
7. Conker's Bad Fur Day
8. Pokemon Diamond/Pearl
9. The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
10. The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time
11. The Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask
12. Banjo Kazooie
13. Yooka Laylee
14. Pokemon Sun/Moon
15. Donkey Kong 64
16. Paper Mario
17. Super Mario 64
18. Super Mario Sunshine
19. Luigi's Mansion
20. Super Smash Bros Melee
21. Ace Combat Zero
22. Ace Combat 5
23. Ace Combat 4
24. Armored Core 3
25. Pokemon Ultra Sun/Moon
26. Pokemon Gold/Silver
27. Pokemon Red/Blue
28. Pokemon Firered/Leafgreen
29. Call of Duty World at War
30. Medal of Honor Frontline

As you can probably tell I am a fan of Rareware in the N64 era as well as a huge Nintendo fan. A few Playstation exclusives too as a number of those played a big role in my childhood and the Brothers in Arms series is my all time favorite series.

gofishyfish

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
1. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of the Sky (favorite Pokemon game and favorite video game ever)
2. Pokemon Diamond
3. Pokemon Ultra Sun
4. Pokemon Soul Silver
5. Portal 2
6. Detroit: Become Human (current love since I just finished it)
7. Horizon: Zero Dawn
8. Splatoon
9. Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
10. LoZ: Twilight Princess
11. Loz: Breath of the Wild
12. Crash Bandicoot (screw this game)
13. Super Mario Galaxy (childhood)
14. Animal Crossing (childhood pt. 2)
15. Overwatch
16. Terraria
17. Sonic Heroes (yes, I know it's trash. But, it was my childhood pt. 3)
18. Assassin's Creed
19. Assassin's Creed II
20. Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood
21. Assassin's Creed: Revelations
22. Assassin's Creed III
23. Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag (my personal favorite AC. Yes, I have trash opinions, don't judge lol)
24. Assassin's Creed: Origins
25. Destiny
26. Stellaris
27. Resident Evil
28. GTA V
29. Minecraft
30. Mass Effect
31. Mass Effect 2
32. Mass Effect 3

Sorry, I thought up the last 3 all in a row and had to include all of them. Am I a real gamer now? :)

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
It's time

1. Kirby's Dream Land
2. Super Mario World
3. Super Mario Sunshine
4. Super Mario Kart
5. Mario Is Missing
6. Earthbound
7. Kirby and the Amazing Mirror
8. Mario Kart 64
9. Kirby 64 and the Crystal Shards
10. Kirby Super Star
11. Super Mario 64
12. Kirby's Dream Course
13. Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones
14. Fire Emblem
15. Fire Emblem: Awakening
16. Kirby Triple Deluxe
17. ARMS
18. Kirby's Adventure
19. Adventures of Lolo
20. Clu Clu Land
21. Legend of Zelda
22. Super Mario Land
23. Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time
24. Mario Kart: Double Dash
25. Super Smash Bros. Melee
26. Kirby's Return to Dream Land
27. Kirby Tilt 'n' Tumble
28. Mario Party DS
29. Super Mario Maker
30. Kirby Star Allies

I could name more but at least I don't have a single Pokémon game on it. And they're all Nintendo games and I've named one for at least one Nintendo console since the NES/Famicom so I am technically a real Nintendo gamer

Last edited:

Kage-Pikachu

Sorry, I thought up the last 3 all in a row and had to include all of them. Am I a real gamer now? :)
You bet! I liked the story in Heavy Rain (never beat Beyond Two Souls though, my sister finished it without me...) so I hope Detroit: Become Human is good too.

I could name more but at least I don't have a single Pokémon game on it. And they're all Nintendo games and I've named one for at least one Nintendo console since the NES/Famicom so I am technically a real Nintendo gamer
Nice! I played 6 of the games on your list, I really want to get into Fire Emblem though and Shinma Tensei sounds like an interesting series too!

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Nice! I played 6 of the games on your list, I really want to get into Fire Emblem though and Shinma Tensei sounds like an interesting series too!
Well I named a lot of games from the NES and the SNES because I personally like to play retro Nintendo games and I'm interested in how their games and these consoles work. And I also really like both the Mario and the Kirby series so I've got a lot of games from these series. But I also didn't put Super Mario Bros. on the list because that's the video game basically everyone knows.

Kage-Pikachu

Well I named a lot of games from the NES and the SNES because I personally like to play retro Nintendo games and I'm interested in how their games and these consoles work. And I also really like both the Mario and the Kirby series so I've got a lot of games from these series. But I also didn't put Super Mario Bros. on the list because that's the video game basically everyone knows.
Same, I still have all my old consoles and games (Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis, Playstation, 2, 3, 4, Game Cube, Wii (my sister's), Switch, and all my handhelds) and play a lot of them regularly. Game Over is a great place to get some old school games, they have a website too!

gofishyfish

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You bet! I liked the story in Heavy Rain (never beat Beyond Two Souls though, my sister finished it without me...) so I hope Detroit: Become Human is good too.

Detroit was fantastic! If you get the chance, I highly recommend it. One character's story (out of 3 characters) is...cheesy and a bit insensitive to history, but the other 2 are great and make the game worth playing.

Kage-Pikachu

I'm definitely getting that game! Thanks for the info, how is the actual gameplay? Anything to really do other than exploring and quick time actions or is it all the same?

gofishyfish

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm definitely getting that game! Thanks for the info, how is the actual gameplay? Anything to really do other than exploring and quick time actions or is it all the same?

You said you played at least part of Beyond, right? It plays a lot like that game, and I'm assuming it plays like Heavy Rain too since all three games are made by the same guy.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Same, I still have all my old consoles and games (Super Nintendo, Nintendo 64, Sega Genesis, Playstation, 2, 3, 4, Game Cube, Wii (my sister's), Switch, and all my handhelds) and play a lot of them regularly. Game Over is a great place to get some old school games, they have a website too!
Cool. I could still get the NES and the SNES Classic Mini because of their restock but the original experience could be good too. But there aren't quite as many of these games compared to the games we have now mostly due to third party input.

Kage-Pikachu

You said you played at least part of Beyond, right? It plays a lot like that game, and I'm assuming it plays like Heavy Rain too since all three games are made by the same guy.
Thanks! And yes, I only played part of that game but I'll continue eventually, just gotta start over since it's been way too long.
Cool. I could still get the NES and the SNES Classic Mini because of their restock but the original experience could be good too. But there aren't quite as many of these games compared to the games we have now mostly due to third party input.
Hehe, the original is always better! But nostalgia also has its limits, lol, I do not miss the lack of save features, hehe.

Erron Black

The Outlaw
Not going to include sequels, spin-offs, or extra installments to a series

1. Pokemon
  2. Super Smash Bros.
  3. Fire Emblem
  4. Pikmin
  5. Splatoon
  6. Super Mario Bros.
  7. Overwatch
  8. Diablo
  9. World of Warcraft
  10. Starcraft
  11. Star Fox
  12. F-Zero
  13. Destiny
  14. ARK: Survival Evolved
  15. Donkey Kong
  16. Duck Hunt
  17. Mortal Kombat
  18. Injustice
  19. Xenoblade Chronicles
  20. Kid Icarus
  21. Animal Crossing
  22. Halo
  23. Legend of Zelda
  24. Kirby
  25. Metroid
  26. Elder Scrolls
  27. Fallout
  28. Assassin's Creed
  29. Call of Duty
  30. Heroes of the Storm
I could probably name 30 more tbh lmao

Pokemon Power

1. Super Mario Galaxy
2. Pokemon Colosseum
3. Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
4: Kirby Air Ride
5: Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
6: Star Fox 64 3D
7: Donkey Kong 64
8: Yoshi's Island DS
9: Earthbound Beginnings
10: F-Zero GX
11: Fire Emblem Awakening
12: Game and Watch Gallery 4
13: Ice Climber
14: Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters
15: WarioWare Twisted!
16: Metal Gear Solid
17: Sonic Unleashed
18: Pikmin 3
19: Gyromite
20: Animal Crossing: Wild World
21: Mega Man 10
22: Wii Fit U
23: Super Punch-Out!!
24: Wii Sports Resort
25: Pac-Man World 3
26: Xenoblade Chronicles
27: Duck Hunt
28: Street Fighter III: Third Strike
29: Final Fantasy VII
30: Bayonetta 2
Nailed it.

Hikaneary

20: Danganronpa. I sure to love a good taste of murder and psychotic killing games, don’t you? This one’s a buncha really good murder mysteries wrapped into a neat pretty bow of despair and crazy teddy bears..
21: Amnesia: Memories. Getting into the dating sim territory, but I’m running out. From edgy detectives to cute maths nerds to... utter psychos,

You shouldn't use psychotic as an insult, most mentally ill people and people on psychosis are nice people who are not dangerous at all.
So don't use 'psycho' or 'psychotic as an insult.

Anyway, as for the question in this thread :
1. Pokemon red
2. Pokemon Gold
3. Pokemon Sapphire
4. Pokemon Pearl
5. Pokemon Black
6. Pokemon X
7. Pokemon Sun.
8 Mario Kart 8
9. Legend of Zelda OOT
10. Skyrim
11. Smash Bros
12. Kirby Star allies
13. Donkey Kong 64
14. Uncharted 4
15 . Halo 2
16. Siper Mario Galaxy.
17. Star Sweep.
18. Tetris
19. Spyro year of the Dragon.
20. Splatoon
21. Shin Megami
22. Pokemon Mystery Dungeon
23. F Zero GX
24. Cod Modern Warfare
25. Half Life
26. Pokemon Snap
27. Pokemon link
28. Banjo Kazzoie
29. Earthbound
30. Pokemon Diamond

Storm the Lycanroc

Oshawott Squad
As a way to make things interesting I'm only going to name one game from a series.

1. Pokemon: Ultra Sun & Ultra Moon
  2. Metroid: Samus Returns
  3. Fire Emblem: Awakening
  4. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  5. Super Mario Odyssey
  6. LEGO City Undercover
  7. Splatoon
  8. Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze
  9. Kirby Star Allies
  10. Night in the Woods
  11. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  12. Fallout 4
  13. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
  14. Stellaris
  15. Cities Skylines
  16. Overwatch
  17. The Legend of Spyro
  18. Command & Conquer: Red Alert 2
  19. God of War
  20. Uncharted 4: A Thief's End
  21. DOOM
  22. Bioshock Infinite
  23. Dark Souls
  24. Red Dead Redemption
  25. The Urbz: Sims in the City
  26. Hitman
  27. StarCraft II
  28. Okami
  29. Bayonetta
  30. Half Life

1) Mother / Earthbound Beginnings
2) Earthbound
3) Mother 3 / Earthbound 2
4) Half Life
5) Half Life 2
6) Half Life 3
6) Team Fortress 2
7) Portal
8) Portal 2
9) Fortnite (Yes, I know I'm a scrub)
10) Minecraft (Same as Fortnite)
11) PUBG
12) Roblox Phantom Forces (Same as Fortnite and Minecraft)
13) Pokemon Red/Blue/Yellow
14) Call of Duty
15) CS:GO
16) GTA San Andreas
17) Battlefield 1
18) Outlast
19) Outlast 2
20) Super Mario 64
21) Super Mario Sunshine
22) Super Mario Galaxy
23) Super Mario Galaxy 2
24) Super Mario Odyssey