• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

If You're Stong, You'll Survive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Welcome!

So, you're probably wondering what the most distinctive face-off title to date has to do with anything. Well, let's do this the fun way. I, within the last twenty-four hours, posted three hints to this face-of series that surely got overlooked as just cryptic speak or me being random. Actually, no. Interestingly, the hints were posted in the Euphonics in order and all below DieChavsDie. Interesting, eh? Here they are:
Hey DCD, find the courage inside of yourself...

Double Hybrid
So make my mind up...I think positive.

Positive: 6
Negative: 2
Illegible calls out like he is in command here, "We got the right stuff now! With Volty fainted, now we just gotta focus out attention on that pesky Umbreon! SHIS-SHAA!" Illegible bites Psi's tail as Kikas bites his left leg. Psi, in pain, shoots a Shadow Ball in front of him, incidentally hitting the Alakazam.

Good Side:

Pure (Alakazam) - 25HP
Kikas123 (Charizard) - 20HP
The Benmeister (Magneton) - 35HP
Illegible (Togetic) - 30HP
Octoboy (Octillery) - 40HP

Bad Side:

PsiUmbreon (Umbreon) - 40HP
Volteon (Jolteon) - 0HP
Extract the unrelated stuff, and you get:
Find the courage inside of yourself...so make my mind up...We got the right stuff now!

Google it the right way, and you should figure out what it means. Still not sure? Alrighty then, scroll down...

They are a part of the lyrics to the English Battle Frontier theme song. I also posted up a few more lines from the full version...but I do not think I need to link them =P. So, what is this FO about? A Singsong extension? Something Battle Frontier-related? Something about lyrics? You are definitely on the right track. Well, the Old But New series is on hold (except Survival 2.0) for another, the Battle Frontier series. Go for the gold!
~

badge02-g.png

Where the battling spirit of Face-offers is put to the test!
I welcome you to the Battle Arena!

arena1.png

You know the drill; in this face-off, you are measured in three categories: Body, Mind, and Skill. Unfortunately, SHIS-SHAA is not a category...

Body~the change in HP is considered. If one contender went up by a new change in HP of 20 and the other minus 150, the points for this category go to the first contender.
Mind~how frequently you heal a contender is factored in to its final score. Healing is highly dishonourable and should be avoided at all costs; aggression is the only way to win. If one contender was not healed once while another was healed all the time, even if it has less overall HP, it gets the points for this category.
Skill~this is slightly more arbitrary, so pay attention. Offensive moves, again, add to a contender's Skill rating (healing does NOT lower this if it is being used adeptly, thus, healing may be sometimes beneficial). Relaying adds to Skill. If the other contender cancels you, then your contender's Skill decreases. The tallyist takes the count at the end, and the higher gets the points.

Here's how it works. Each round, there are two contenders who face-off against each other. You can have one attack the other or eat a berry to regain health. After forty-eight hours from the time of the round's starting (or if one is brought to 0HP), the round ends (or whenever I post that it is over after that, in case of a slow FO week). When this happens, the contender with the higher points wins.

When calculating points, if there is a tie, then 1 point is awarded in that category to each. Two points are awarded for a winner; it works exactly like Emerald in that respect. In event of a tie, both are eliminated. If it is the finale, then we have a special case which will be revealed if and when that arises.

Berries heal two (+2) and an attack does one (-1) unless you relay TWICE, in which case it does three (-1, -1, -3). Similarly, every third relayed berry is plus seven (+2, +2, +7)
Remember that relaying is with the same user. You're stuck with the basic votes if there are three of you. This is tentative, as it needs field testing, so...let's go!
The contenders are totally random; there will be sixteen in the first tournament.

If You're Stong, You'll Survive Round One
Hippopotas vs. Venomoth

Hippopotas-25
Venomoth-25

Set KO Tourney!
Begin!

Last edited:

Volteon

Back I guess??
The contenders are totally random;
=O Shouldn't it be Factory!?

And lol, not willing to down you, but I had a Face-off like this, ended after few weeks xP
But I'm sure you manage it well ;D

Anyways, all bugs get my love, so Berry Venomoth ... hope it's right x_x

EDIT:
Lol, When I vote before reading all:
"Healing is highly dishonourable"
eh, I'll change next time

Last edited:
Why the Factory? That comes later =P...mebe tomorrow, mebe Frday, mebe a few weeks...you won't know.

Venomoth uses Signal Beam!

Hippopotas-22
Venomoth-27

Bye, relay...and I may make it 24 or 12 hours now o_O...opinions?

Togetic appears because him and an Alakazam Teleported out of some cave with a fained Jolteon, so he claps his hands making Venomoth do another Tackle.

Hippopotas-18
Venomoth-27

Volteon

Back I guess??
Dark Jolteon >D

Hyper Beam on Hippo

EDIT: Ah and (seems I'm always delayed on the Edits), 24 hours sounds enough for me

Ah and ... *Subscribes+Rates*

Last edited:
Thanks, Volty! 8D Nobody ever rates my FOs, and I rate everyone else's...thank you so much!

Venomoth uses Struggle!

Hippopotas-15
Venomoth-27

24 hours it is...mebe I'll play it by ear; I s'pose it is up to me when to end a round and when not to...

You forgot the part where Kyle used a PP Up :/.

Venomoth used Stun Spolar Beam Buzz Wind (4 attacks for the price of one)!

Hippopotas-13
Venomoth-27

Status
Not open for further replies.