1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ignorance is Bliss

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Brumrha, Nov 23, 2008.

1. Brumrha

Brumrha Banned

I'm very certain that at least half of you people have heard this saying before.

So, this thread is something that discusses about the things that do bother you, why you are bothered by them, how easily they bother you, the things that you can & can't ignore, & the people around you that can compare to you in terms of calmness & hot-headedness.

That's basically it.

2. GhostAnime

GhostAnime Searching for her...

watch everybody list things that dont even matter.

3. Noheart

Noheart The Abysswalker

Well...

School, teachers, loud noises, headaches, and my little sister bother me.

School - Boring, un-needed education on learnings that you'll never need again for the rest of your life.
    Teachers - ALL of my teachers are the generic grumpy old ones.
    Loud Noises - I just dislike them. Mostly because I get headaches a lot.
    Headaches - A common pain I get frequently.
    Little Sister - The sibling from hell who snitches on me when she annoys / hits me, I hit her / lock her in a closet / curse at her and she tells on me. I always get grounded. She really needs a life.
    ^They all irritate me easily.^
    I usually ignore everything unimportant. I can't seem to ignore my little sister when she gets in her "mood".

I'm usually the quiet and calm one to the people around me, but when I get p*ssed, I turn into the Incredible Hulk's uncle on Steroids.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  4. S31R31

S31R31 The 90's

This is bothering me, why don't you start with yourself?

5. johny2hai

johny2hai Future Olympian

The things that bother me the most when the girls ***** themselves to boys. The bother me because they will eventually will get prgnant or get STD's, I care b/c I care about other people. I try to ignore it b/c it is none of my bussiness. =/

There is alot that i can bother is when people play sports they brag for too long, (i am the same way ;))

For example when somebody just decks somebody in football they brag for a week after that, which annoys me b/c we aleady know it but they just like to hear them selves talk.

Some people do think i am calm under perssure while others think i am not calm, while others just don't care. For example when a boy got hit by a car i wanted to help the boy but to much of a girl to get help, then my neighbor came and halped, he told me go home.

6. Poliwag2

Poliwag2 ship it holla

Ignorance masquerading as intelligence (half of the debate forum) is the only thing that irritates me.

I can forgive ignorance in isolation, but when it tries to preach and mislead, that is what I find infuriating.

7. woot21

woot21 super noob

What grinds my gears is that people believe that ignorance is bliss. Just because you have no clue about something doesn't mean it doesn't affect you. I'm ignorant of how the US Draft would work if it was reinstated, but that doesn't mean I can't be drafted.

Also, people talking on their cell phones while driving, or other situations where their attention should be focused elsewhere, such as when they are in line at a grocery store and are being rung up. I love it when customers spend the entire order on the phone, only to tell me after I have loaded their entire order into their cart and bagged it, then tell me they wanted paper in plastic and ask me to re-bag everything. Get off the damn phone people, the call can wait 5 minutes, or until you're done driving.

woot21 out dawgs

8. GhostAnime

pregnant, sure, but STD's.. not so sure.

9. johny2hai

johny2hai Future Olympian

STD is a serious issue and a lot more people have it then you think. ;)

10. Mr. Mudkip

Mr. Mudkip Banned

I agree.
    Scenario A: I watch the news. I get sad. I want to be done with life so all this sh!t can't happen to me when I'm older.

Scenario B: I somewhat ignore everything outside of my life and close others, instead of dispairing over the economy watching the Dow Jones and S&P 500 falling 10 points every second, I carry along with my activities, and feel happy, while still maintaining a world realization, but not centering my life around things I cannot fix.

Cable news bothers me, arrogant people bother me, and seeing a murder on television every 10 seconds/ hearing my sadistic parents talk about all the death, murder, and crime bugs me.

11. PsychedelicJellyfish

PsychedelicJellyfish formerly R. New

- People who take flash photographs in aquaria. The signs that say 'NO FLASH PHOTOGRAPHY PLEASE' are, I believe, there for a good reason

- Similarly, people who tap on the glass in zoos and aquaria. Signs....blah...GLASS....blahblah....reason

- This sounds really snooty, but people who go around museums, zoos, etc. and state untruths about everything they see. Children aren't exempt from this.
    I'm exempt from it, though. Partly because I state truths, but mostly because I'm me.

- People who seem to think that laws, rules and signs apply to everyone but them. 'I know that the law says I can't phone and drive, but what I have to say is just more important, so I'm allowed to. I'm also speeding, because my time is that much more precious. And now I'm going to park illegally, because I'm much too important to have to queue for the car park with all those serfs and plebs.'

Last edited: Nov 23, 2008
  12. Yogurt

Yogurt Well-Known Member

One thing that is annoying me right now is SPPGuests in #spp. Right now.

13. NINJA PENGUIN2

NINJA PENGUIN2 <-- YOU WILL BE MINE

The one thing that bothers me is how the "popular kids" at skool think there better than everyone else, all they care about is how they look and who they are gonna go out with next! they give a whole new meaning to "plastic"

14. surfer treecko

surfer treecko Highly Explosive

Yeah, I hate them. I also hate the way they cannot understand that some people might not like what they like. If you aren't too keen on sports, then they'll spaz at you.

15. Ling-Ling

Ling-Ling Pokemon dressup

The fact that every thirteen year old is going to post up School 'cuz ther teechas r sooooo meen to em nd r tryn too teech em stuf lyke not bein an *** hat.'

And then fact that someone is going to say 'Well I guess you didn't pay attention in school then, hur hur hurrrr.'

16. GhostAnime

and it's overbown.

using my state alone, there are about 3-7 people with STD per county on average (with populations ranging in thousands). wear a condom and the problem is clearly nearly non-existent even if you went around having sex.

and since we're talking about high school teenagers here, too.

17. porygonfan

porygonfan Well-Known Member

When people try to tell you how to live YOUR life.

18. ~Magic Thunderbolt~

~Magic Thunderbolt~ Well-Known Member

When people suck up to figures of authority.

19. Ethan

Ethan Banned

Oh shutup poliwag, you just don't like BigLutz. Lol.

20. Cipher

Cipher Nothing to be done

The joke is that this prediction came true not one post later.

I'm with woot21 on this one. The phrase "ignorance is bliss" really bothers me. It's possibly the most self-destructive philosophy I've heard. What people need to do as a whole is become aware of issues, whether global or within one's own life, and have the strength to deal with them. True bliss is having the ability to cope with wrongs.

And just to stir things up, I also dislike fat people.