1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ignorance is Bliss

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Discussion' started by Brumrha, Nov 23, 2008.

1. ??????

?????? That guy.

lol it seems I started a big argument on complaining *facepalms*

I did exactly what the point of the thread is: tell what annoys you.

Good for you. No need to baw about it.

No. Places like Like the LiveJornal level of bawwing are a lot more annoying.

If a person comes online for help, anyone in their right mind will help them. If a person comes online to complain (Which I have to say is most of the posts in this thread), I find it annoying and criticize it.

Now that an actually non-annoying discussion is going on, It's too fun to leave.

2. GhostAnime

GhostAnime Searching for her...

i did it because i could.

yes, because ugly depends on the shoes you wear.

so that's your excuse for looking down on people who wear mismatching shoes and bags? that's not taking pride in your appearance; that's being arrogant and shallow.

3. Clash

Clash He's Back!

Babylon, my Babylon!
    I need you, oh how I need you!
    But all you do is treat me bad :(
    Break my heart and leave me sad :'(
    Tell me , what did I do wrong?
    To make you stay away so long!​

4. KetchupO

KetchupO tωisted

I don't look down on them. They just irritate me.

5. Carlisle

Carlisle BAM

Lol, wtf. Who gives a **** how other people look like or dress. If someone is hott or not, great. I don't care. It doesn't matter to me until it comes to dating.

That's probably one thing that bothers me about society: how no one minds their own business. Worry about yourself more, life will be easier and you won't have drama.

6. GhostAnime

when you say 'at least it take pride in the way i dress'; you give off a vibe that you're already better than them.

even if you're not giving off that vibe, why on earth would it irritate you? what if my shoes didnt match my house color, car color, or even skin color? we can come up with a lot of things that dont match that you see a lot more than bags.

7. KetchupO

KetchupO tωisted

I never said that : )
    And if I did, clothing/style wise, I am better.
    Clothing style reveals a lot about someone.
    Example, if I met someone with worn out, torn shoes, it says that they're either too lazy to buy new ones, can't afford new ones, or that they're someone very active.
    Or if someone was wearing a pair of smexy leather boots, it shows their disregard for animal life, that they're are quite rich, & so on.
    Of course that is just a generalization, but more often than not, it is correct.

Because it does.

Er, duh, you just took the word 'bags' too literally.
    May I introduce you to my friends apostrophe ' & CAPITAL LETTER ?

;/

8. Clash

Clash He's Back!

OMG I want your friends!

9. Azurne

Azurne ~ ♥ ~

Not all the time. ;D *is a perfect example if this*

Let's see... I hate haters. :/

Really, that's all that bothers me. Nothing really grates on my nerves except when people just complain and go on and on about life and how irritable this is or that.

I mean, it's OK to complain every now and then, but for the most part life will flow so much better when you just float along with everyone else.

10. may white

may white I am a latias

Peaple who buy houses they can't offord then crashing the economy

11. GhostAnime

those generalizations are a world of difference from not matching SHOES and a ****ing bag. what personality or lifestyle do you get besides that they dont care enough to match a random bag?

way to dance around the point.

12. woot21

woot21 super noob

Ok then, that's good for you.
    Well you're going to hate me, since you are acting all superior right now making comments about people not matching shoes and stuff like that.
    You hate loud noises yet you like pop music?
    Don't hate just because you can't do it. Also it doesn't mean we can memorize stuff, otherwise we wouldn't have trouble spelling things either. It means we know how to apply certain equations in which situations, and how to manipulate equations to get them into a workable format, using critical thinking.
    Must hate video games too, since the are used as sports at times. Also, just because you don't like sports doesn't give you the right to hate on people who do. That is very similar radical, fundamentalist Islam there buddy.
    Sarcasm is the wit of the intelligent, I believe. So make what you will of hating it.

I also hate people who pointlessly and violently attack others just because they are different than them, be it over race, sexual orientation, religion, etc.

woot21 out dawgs

13. KetchupO

KetchupO tωisted

Not 'acting' superior. If I dress better, I am superior clothing wise.

Not all pop music is loud ;/ wtf?
    And when I said noises I was referring to crashes, bangs, screams etc.

Not in my book. It means you can memorize shit.
    Yeah I do. What's your point? :S
    That's got nothing to do with anything, you just feel like you need to say something to appear superior. I hate people like you. : )
    Excuse you?
    Putting words in my mouth?
    Point out to me where I said 'I hate the people who talk about sports'.
    I said, I hate it when people DO. Never said I hate the people who do it.
    Again, nothing to do with anything.

People use sarcasm to sound smart.
    It's pathetic. I hate it. I don't really care what your point of view is on it.

Kinda like you're ragging on me for having different morals & opinions?
    Yer.

Buh-bye now.

14. Azurne

Azurne ~ ♥ ~

Um, not really. Learning a language is more about memory than math is. I sucked at learning spanish, but I've always aced in math. Because math is more about practice and application, and encouraging logical thinking.

And really, with your tone of voice (text? xD) you're kinda shooting yourself in the foot with the whole 'sounding superior' argument. :|

15. KetchupO

KetchupO tωisted

Language is about understanding the concepts and meanings of words and learning to place words together to form sentences.
    Math is memorizing formulas, multiplications etc.

I'm not the one hatin' on other people's personal opinions.
    You've got yours, I've got mine. End of.

16. Cipher

Cipher Nothing to be done

Wait, wait. I changed my mind again.

I just hate this thread now. Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut.

17. Azurne

Azurne ~ ♥ ~

Uh, in tern meaning to memorize the meaning of each words, and knowing where they go. That's memorization for me. >.>

Anyway, even then, memorization is a small fraction of math. Like, 5% of the whole concept. The other half includes using your logic to try and figure the problem out. My calculus problems are not simply 'use one memorized equation, and solve.' It's a whole series of equations that you must decide to use using logic. And really? it's easy to get stuck. I can memorize all the Math equations in the world, and still be unable to solve a problem.

And neither am I; you could have just expressed yourself a bit more nicely.

18. Carlisle

Carlisle BAM

And who decides who is better dressed? The media? Hollister and Abercrombie?

-gag-

19. KetchupO

KetchupO tωisted

I guess if you look at it that way.
    But that's not how I see it. x_x

Sorry if you were offended.

Well it depends on taste & personal opinion I guess.
    But yeah, the media plays a huge role. Unless you're one of the people that hate on fads, trends & stuff coz' you fear you won't be accepted into a certain social group ;/

Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  20. Azurne

Azurne ~ ♥ ~

Nah, tis all good. Everyone has their own perspectives. Sorry if I came off as offensive also (just in case, XD), I just don't like being (unintentionally) compared to some of the other engineering snobs that also do a lot of math. Because they are indeed out there, and their egos sicken me. But not all the engineers are like that! ^-^;