• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ignorance is Bliss

~Magic Thunderbolt~

Apparently,
Too little info = bad.
Too much info = bad.
No info at all = perfect.

The stupidity of many a modern man...

Squaaah

What grinds my gears is that people believe that ignorance is bliss. Just because you have no clue about something doesn't mean it doesn't affect you. I'm ignorant of how the US Draft would work if it was reinstated, but that doesn't mean I can't be drafted.

Thing is with that is that your not ignorant to the fact that you're gonna be affected by it. Enough ignorance can be bliss, like when your a child and very little worries you because your parents try to shield you from it.

Problem is that kind of ignorance requires you to be looked after by other people, so ignorance is a very selfish bliss.

Pkmn Breeder Jack

Static owns you.
Personally, I hate being ignorant of things. It drives me nuts not understanding something. If I had to choose, I would want to know too much rather than too little. The world is full of danger, and I'd rather know the ropes than not.

PhantomTeddiursa

ONE DAY MORE!
Cats the musical bugs me.
And so does math, but that's only cuz I have much better things to do than find the square root of 7 or the least common denominator of a Corsola...
Wait, what? That didn't make any sense.
Ironically enough, I'm off to do math homework. X_X

;222;;222;

johny2hai

Future Olympian
and it's overbown.

using my state alone, there are about 3-7 people with STD per county on average (with populations ranging in thousands). wear a condom and the problem is clearly nearly non-existent even if you went around having sex.

and since we're talking about high school teenagers here, too.

the use of condoms do not protect against STDs they prevent the prgnency, therefore even wearing a condom you can still get an STD

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
somebody never heard of latex condoms on a pokemon forum? no surprise here.

RayRay

asillywonderfulman
ignorance bothers me, and doesn't make me happy, either!

Um...the people of the entertainment/sports industries and the absolutely ridiculous amounts of money they get paid. That just pisses me off to no end, especially because some of them didn't exactly do anything great to get to where they are.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
^ entertainment is what the people want. life would be boring without it, so...

Kipcha

Honestly? Young children drive me crazy these days. I realize not all children are evil, but as one that does performances, I see parents who do not control their kids and allow them to run rampant on a daily basis, destroying equiptment we own, abusing their parents and the general public around them, and just being downright brats. If I had ever acted like that when I was their age, I would have gotten a quick slap across the rear end and smartened up, but of course spanking these days is 'cruel to children', but honestly, the need it. A child cannot grow up thinking everything is going to go their way. And I am sure some of it is being too lazy to parent. If the kid behaves, I have no problem with them. But if there is some brat destroying the stuff we have put up to entertain them, I will tell parents to get their stinky little kid off (Okay, more politely then that...) and ask them to keep control.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Yes, but does it really warrant their ludicrous paychecks?
I think not...
i guess they dont deserve it in the sense of a moral viewpoint, but they deserve it in the sense of a supply and demand viewpoint.

Yogurt

Well now I think school is bothering me. Why do they make me come in to school the day before thanksgiving break to go see a play? I don't even know if I'll be able to ditch or not ):

i guess they dont deserve it in the sense of a moral viewpoint, but they deserve it in the sense of a supply and demand viewpoint.

It's just the idea that the average income of Americans is, what, $40,000-60,000? And people who are extremely important to society, like teachers and law enforcement, don't exactly have such amazing salaries a lot of the time.

...And then you have people who are just there for entertainment making millions and millions of dollars like it was nothing at all. I know life isn't fair, but come on :/

woot21

super noob
It's just the idea that the average income of Americans is, what, $40,000-60,000? And people who are extremely important to society, like teachers and law enforcement, don't exactly have such amazing salaries a lot of the time.

...And then you have people who are just there for entertainment making millions and millions of dollars like it was nothing at all. I know life isn't fair, but come on :/
Don't like? Stop watching movies, sports, TV, etc. Don't help pay their paychecks.

woot21 out dawgs

Don't like? Stop watching movies, sports, TV, etc. Don't help pay their paychecks.

Not really, considering they get paid so much just to be hired to play that part or to play on that sports team, even before the money pours in from audiences.

And I already said that entertainment is important to, well, life, I just don't think they deserve as much as they get.

Last edited:

superjesus1

I do agree that sports figures are paid far too much money for doing basically nothing. I get why musicians get loads though - concert tickets, Cds, band t-shirts etcetera. I mean that moneys gonna get back to the artist one way or another XD.

Most annoying thing ever is people who try to be what they are not. I did it for two years at school, i am annoyed with myself looking back on it, and it did not fare well for me :/ I'm much happier now i'm being me and being with people who are like me :D It would be great if we could all ignore people like what i was XD

kochoupink

butts lol
When people use sentences that start with "I'm the type of person that. . ." Stop. Just stop. No one likes direct characterization. If someone wanted to know what kind of person you were, he would talk to you long enough to find out.

It's one of those things that makes a person stop listening when you talk.

??????

That guy.
Threads where people baw out their life frustrations like anyone cares on the internet bugs me. No one gives an eff, basically.

This thread has so much venting it sickens me.