• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ignorance is Bliss

Well it depends on taste & personal opinion I guess.
But yeah, the media plays a huge role. Unless you're one of the people that hate on fads, trends & stuff coz' you fear you won't be accepted into a certain social group ;/
By the media's standards, a woman might as well wear a piece of string as underwear, extra tight shirts that are all the same and say HOLLISTER, and extremely ripped jeans. Oh, and you can't forget about being thin as a pencil with big tits and a lot of make up.

Yeahhh. I'll stick to Dillard's/the Forever 21 market(Heritage! woo!) and Hot Topic.

And I hateeee fads. What's the point of everyone wearing nasty clothes (Ugg boots or however you spell it) or listening to stupid music (Do Yo' Chain Hang Low? -dies-) for a few weeks and then moving on? Where did being unique go to?

Last edited:
There are many, many things that will anger or annoy me, but the one thing that bothers me the most is that I don't get rickroll'd enough on youtube.

KetchupO

tωisted
By the media's standards, a woman might as well a piece of string as underwear, extra tight shirts that are all the same and say HOLLISTER, and extremely ripped jeans. Oh, can't forget being thin as a pencil with big tits and a lot of make up.
You don't see that much anymore ;/
Plus, I'm not talking about body image, just clothing.
Not all modern clothing is as slutty as you make it seem ;S
You can look great and still retain your dignity.

And I hateeee fads. What's the point of everyone wearing nasty clothes (Ugg boots or however you spell it) or listening to stupid music (Do Yo' Chain Hang Low? -dies-) for a few weeks and then moving on? Where did being unique go to?
I agree with you about the unique thing.
But that doesn't mean dressing bad :S

You can wear something different and still look awesome. I have great respect for creative people who stand out~
And I have no idea what music you're listening too, but I love mainstream music, doesn't make me any less 'unique'.

You don't see that much anymore ;/
Plus, I'm not talking about body image, just clothing.
Not all modern clothing is as slutty as you make it seem ;S
You can look great and still retain your dignity.
But the mainstream clothing is all boring and generic. It's all a bunch of t-shirts that say Hollister/Abercrombie/Aeropostale with anything else from those stores to go along. Which is why I'm glad there's a lot of people starting to shop at Forever 21, Hot Topic, Gadzook's, and various other stores.

I agree with you about the unique thing.
But that doesn't mean dressing bad :S
Well, what do you define as dressing bad? And what do YOU like to wear?

And I have no idea what music you're listening too, but I love mainstream music, doesn't make me any less 'unique'.
Well, I live in the nasty hick state of Iowa, so mainstream around here is either country or anything rap. >D

KetchupO

tωisted
Nah, tis all good. Everyone has their own perspectives. Sorry if I came off as offensive also (just in case, XD), I just don't like being (unintentionally) compared to some of the other engineering snobs that also do a lot of math. Because they are indeed out there, and their egos sicken me. But not all the engineers are like that! ^-^;
:)
But the mainstream clothing is all boring and generic. It's all a bunch of t-shirts that say Hollister/Abercrombie/Aeropostale with anything else from those stores to go along. Which is why I'm glad there's a lot of people starting to shop at Forever 21, Hot Topic, Gadzook's, and various other stores.
(Australia) Where I live it's very different.
I've never heard of any of those stores : O
Well, what do you define as dressing bad? And what do YOU like to wear?
Wearing unflattering shoes. Clashing colors. Fur. Jeans that make your butt look bigger than it already is. Is dressing bad imo ;/
Now, I'm not saying you should go out and buy all the expensive brands & stuff. I don't.
You can look great without spending a million bucks if you put a lil' effort into it.
Well, I live in the nasty hick state of Iowa, so mainstream around here is either country or anything rap. >D
Ugh. I hate both those genres xD

The Admiral

the star of the masquerade

Eh. The mainstream can be funky, when it comes to music. Some odd choices... even just when it comes to single selections by bands, but, I guess, YMMV. The mainstream isn't all bad sometimes. e.g. The Police are definitely mainstream, and I love them a lot. Probably more than I care to admit.

Eh, the mainstream can be an odd thing. I tend to avoid it largely to avoid labeling (and because I don't often like it), so. Of course, that, in and of itself, leads to more labeling.

Oh, labeling, you can be so evil.

:)

(Australia) Where I live it's very different.
I've never heard of any of those stores : O
Ohhhhhhhh! That explains alot. :eek:

Wearing unflattering shoes. Clashing colors. Fur. Jeans that make your butt look bigger than it already is. Is dressing bad imo ;/
I think that is pretty much a universal opinion. And yeah, it's gross when people wear brown with like...purple.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
Not all pop music is loud ;/ wtf?
sounds like somebody is a major hypocrite.

sorry to say, but for some people, clothes dont mean that much to them, and for it to just irritate you makes you sound completely selfish about your outlook of like. it's like saying it irritates me when somebody doesnt like games, or it irritates me when somebody doesnt listen to my favorite genre of music. just because fashion isnt important to them (or they could possibly have a different look of it), does not mean you can look down on them (yes, you are doing that).

Last edited:

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
sounds like somebody is a major hypocrite.

sorry to say, but for some people, clothes dont mean that much to them, and for it to just irritate you makes you sound completely selfish about your outlook of like. it's like saying it irritates me when somebody doesnt like games, or it irritates me when somebody doesnt listen to my favorite genre of music. just because fashion isnt important to them (or they could possibly have a different look of it), does not mean you can look down on them (yes, you are doing that).

I agree. Clothes jsut show the persons prefernce. If they dress like a slut. If they are oblivious to that, then so what. If they know it, then let them be sluts. If someone sayd they dont like the songs i like, I say, whats Your favortie type? I dont, as Ghost anime says, look down upon them. My best friend likes classical music, but that doesent change my opnion about him, It just shows His preference and possibly his personality

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I hate people who think they are superior due to the clothes they wear (i think we all know who i'm talking about)...

I'll stick with my tracksuit bottoms/jeans, t-shirt, hoody and hat tyvm...Oh, and my shiny blue astro trainers that i wear with ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
I hate people who think they are superior due to the clothes they wear (i think we all know who i'm talking about)...

I'll stick with my tracksuit bottoms/jeans, t-shirt, hoody and hat tyvm...Oh, and my shiny blue astro trainers that i wear with ANYTHING and EVERYTHING.

Agin with the clothes. It shouldent be annoying when someone wears supierior clothes.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Its not annoying when people wear superior clothes...Its annoying when people think they are superior due to the clothes they wear.

GhostAnime

Searching for her...
there's no such thing as 'superior clothes' if we're not talking about clean ones.

eonmaster_457

Not 'acting' superior. If I dress better, I am superior clothing wise.
You have superiority issues.

Not in my book. It means you can memorize shit.
This probably means you CAN'T, and that's why you're going there. you can't memorize, don't push yourself. Everyone has advantages and disadvantages.

Yeah I do. What's your point? :S
That's got nothing to do with anything, you just feel like you need to say something to appear superior. I hate people like you. : )
But you were just saying you are superior clothing wise. Still saying that to appear superior. Because in truth, no one cares.

Excuse you?
Putting words in my mouth?
Point out to me where I said 'I hate the people who talk about sports'.
I said, I hate it when people DO. Never said I hate the people who do it.
Again, nothing to do with anything.
hating a sport gives you no reason to hate someone who loves it.

People use sarcasm to sound smart.
It's pathetic. I hate it. I don't really care what your point of view is on it.
Yeah, I can really get what you're saying about all this stuff and how you hate them. Really great.

Kinda like you're ragging on me for having different morals & opinions?
Yer.
As you said, everyone has their own opinions. If they do that, it's their opinion, so you will be better off ignoring them.

Language is about understanding the concepts and meanings of words and learning to place words together to form sentences.
Math is memorizing formulas, multiplications etc.

No it's not. If you have logic, you'd understand math without problems. You know, one of man's most common causes of encountering things like math is because they don't at least TRY to understand the thing. Of course, this could also mean that you are better in languages than in mathematics, and you're just bitter.

Why do I even bother....

And yes, I hate people who rant about stuff with a reason I don't really consider valid. But that's what i think. So whatever.

Profesco

gone gently
I guess rather than happy and friendly ignorances in here, we'll all keep arguing about hating this and hating that. Is it just me who finds that against the implied intention of the thread title?

Also, why is KetchupO getting so much grief over the things he dislikes? I mean, moreso than anyone else who's posted something superficial or hypocritical. This bickering is getting hard to ignore, and it's not making me very blissful, either.

Let KetchupO take a breath. Why don't you guys all pick on me for a while instead? I dare you. *gazes sternly*

Wait, wait. I changed my mind again.

I just hate this thread now. Cut cut cut cut cut cut cut.

Ah, chopping celery is a good way to relieve anger and stress. *nods*

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
I guess rather than happy and friendly ignorances in here, we'll all keep arguing about hating this and hating that. Is it just me who finds that against the implied intention of the thread title?

Also, why is KetchupO getting so much grief over the things he dislikes? I mean, moreso than anyone else who's posted something superficial or hypocritical. This bickering is getting hard to ignore, and it's not making me very blissful, either.

Let KetchupO take a breath. Why don't you guys all pick on me for a while instead? I dare you. *gazes sternly*

Yes, It is. And acting supierior due to clothes should not be annoying.

??????

That guy.
Is this argument still going on?

It really annoys me when people argue over unimportant things like brand name clothing.

Why not onions? You can cry out all the feelings while making a delicious meal for 4.

GarchompHata

I feel sick...
I HATE ignorant people. Example: This guy from Georgia, who's views are republican, says the n word, etc, says to me " Ya know, all them Muslims are TERRORISTS!" Man, that guy got a nice punch in the face.

Ri-Chan

♚ get s l e a z y
I HATE ignorant people. Example: This guy from Georgia, who's views are republican, says the n word, etc, says to me " Ya know, all them Muslims are TERRORISTS!" Man, that guy got a nice punch in the face.

Well even thought its not fact... Its opnion. He didnt derserve to be punched in the face.