• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ignorance Is Blissey (131)

Blissey was such a nice Pokemon since she gave Ash and his friends a place to stay and food as well. It's just that she was too good at being helpful and she made a lot of mistakes by going overboard. I thought that Jessie getting pressured into taking advantage of Blissey's kindness was really messed up and my favorite scene was when Jessie acted all tough but was trying to help Blissey by shifting the blame on herself. It was such a nice moment. 8/10

Jnmisty

The episode reminded me everything that can go wrong will go wrong manner with Blissey. I mean the gang gets hit with platters of food, Ash gets his back wacked with the broom, and Ash cringes and screams when the rubbing alcohol hits his back.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Jnmisty said:
The episode reminded me everything that can go wrong will go wrong manner with Blissey. I mean the gang gets hit with platters of food, Ash gets his back wacked with the broom, and Ash cringes and screams when the rubbing alcohol hits his back.

The Satoshi scenes at the beginning were quite torturous in all honesty. The fact that he was the main one who had to pay for the mistakes that Happinas made seemed cruel and something that recent sagas probably would've avoided.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The Satoshi scenes at the beginning were quite torturous in all honesty. The fact that he was the main one who had to pay for the mistakes that Happinas made seemed cruel and something that recent sagas probably would've avoided.
But Blissey really meant no harm. It was just a bit clumsy and careless but it did learn not to run so fast while carrying so much stuff by the end of the episode. Blissey’s only flaw was that it cared a bit too much and wanted to help people without realizing that there were consequences for taking it too far.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Captain Jigglypuff said:
But Blissey really meant no harm. It was just a bit clumsy and careless but it did learn not to run so fast while carrying so much stuff by the end of the episode. Blissey’s only flaw was that it cared a bit too much and wanted to help people without realizing that there were consequences for taking it too far.

I know that the accidents weren't on purpose nor meant to be malicious, but one part that I found to be somewhat graphic for this anime was when we saw how raw and red Satoshi's back was all because of Happinas scrubbing him in the bathroom.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
The scratches on Ash’s back weren’t nearly as graphic as the manga has gotten. Particularly that poor Arbok....

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
The scratches on Ash’s back weren’t nearly as graphic as the manga has gotten. Particularly that poor Arbok....

Wait what's this about the manga and Arbok? and I don't even remember Ash getting hurt in this episode I thought it was mostly comedy stuff that happened to him when that Blissey started messing up.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I do remember that Arbok scene from the manga, although I guess the reason why I consider the injuries inflicted on Satoshi in this episode to be somewhat more disturbing is because he's an innocent child, whereas that Arbok was evil from what I remember.

Sonnas

I do remember that Arbok scene from the manga, although I guess the reason why I consider the injuries inflicted on Satoshi in this episode to be somewhat more disturbing is because he's an innocent child, whereas that Arbok was evil from what I remember.
Is it also because it wasn't treated as a gag?

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
The manga famously showed a very graphic image of an Arbok that was sliced into two. Later prints of that issue censored that image.

Oh I didn't know that I guess I read the censored version.

But I just looked at the episode pictures for this episode and I saw how red Ash's back was. I thought Blissey used a broom to clean him when he was bathing so why was his back almost bleeding?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ubermuk said:
But I just looked at the episode pictures for this episode and I saw how red Ash's back was. I thought Blissey used a broom to clean him when he was bathing so why was his back almost bleeding?

It was one of those brooms that had thick bristles, so the implication was that Happinas rubbed Satoshi's back with the bristles not realizing that she had caused damage to his skin.

This episode was boring at the beginning but quickly turned around with Jessie's backstory with the Blissey which was really touching.