• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ignorant kids who like uber moves

oh, that must be pretty damn powerful.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
Meh. Return + Adaptive + STAB gets a 2HKO, and doesn't get screwed by the occasional Calm Blissey.
I don't like the hyper beam gon z anyway, and return isn't needed since ther is Tri Attack, and for blissey just switch.

Mew_Alchemist

Alchemist
Over indlugance in those moves is bad but I can name at very least two incidents where a move like hyper beam won me the battle. I don't use them too often but they're not "crap moves" to me.

Cinaclov

Pokemon Veteran
I think its the fact that when your playing through the game most opponents "die" very quickly, and so setting up loads of "special combos" (i know thats very vague but you know what i mean) probably seems like a waste of time when you could just hydro pump (etc) them all. I know i used to think like that when i was young/guillable/ignorant/etc and first had blue. Well, i was only 4 when it came out...

Night Avenger

Rust In Peace
XD I also have friends who OU STAB. I had a friend whom I had told to make his future D/P Team. He choose Electivire, I didn't want him to have Electivire cause I already had one so I asked him:
Which moves are you getting on Electivire?
Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunderpunch, Earthquake.

XD He used Earthquake cuase it's powerfulzorz, not to take advantage of Electivire's Attack Stat.

Metal Force

o^_^o PWNZOME
And lose the Scheme you setup? Blissey can't touch you, really, except by walling non-Return/Hyper Beam gimmick thing PorygonZ.
Will what would you do if you had tri attack, and you don't want return which won't do much damage other than bliss...

Brettt

satirist
I hate it when all these little kids pile up low PP uber attacks, then die with a flick of my thumb by a well thought out strategy, but stillUber moves can be good, just when they are used excessivley, battles get tedious.

Digitalkaiser65

Dark Master
I hate when people like you brag about your movesets. :)
I dont use hyperubermega movesets like these, but people who are begining learn slowly, and are allowed to do such things. We all dont spend hours Ev training, looking up movesets, never sleeping, always playing.

(I do.) Still, its annoying when you start a dumb thread like this bashing people. >_>

Mello

Serial Fangirl
Each site has it's own tips for becoming a Pokemon Master, but on every site I visit, rule number 1 is Never have two attacking moves of the same type You don't even need to go to a website or read a handbook to figure that out, after a few battles, it should be real damned obvious.

I don't think I was ever like that. I didn't use incredibly varied movesets, though. Just something I never thought about when I first played the game.

Can't say I have any experience with these noobs, but I can imagine it.

-Dragon-

Furret rocks
I refuse to use/fight against OHKO's.

I just turn the game off if someone uses a OHKO, which annoys whomever I'm battling against to no end.

Sophia Ryu

Pokemon Breeder
I'm tired of people using the word ignorant incorrectly.
They're not ignorant because they don't play the game the way you think it should be played. You are ignorant for thinking that everyone should play with a stupid EV trained Alakazam and an EV trained Shuckle, battling every other generic 'competitive' trainer with the same team with the same EV training.

Now you my dear sir can sit and train your level 56 Alakazam on level 15 Zubat's for hours on end just so you can uberpwnzor the other trainers Alakazam and the pre-release.

But me, and your friend know what the game is really about.

Let's see.

120 x 0.85= 102
95 x 1= 95

Fire Blast wins, by a landslide. In fact, even Hydro Pump:

120 x 0.8= 96
95 x 1= 95

You, good sir, fail.

The hyper beams are laughably abysmal, though. PorygonZ Hyper Beam is very overrated, too.

And this guy here.
He's completely sucked the fun from Pokemon.
GJ

;026;

Kalavinka

If you want to make yourself look like a fool online, then go for it.

--;475;