• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

IGRMT Rating Workshop

Status
Not open for further replies.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
There's also the Battle Institute in Nimbasa.

It has the same rules (basically) as the Subway, but you only
fight 5 opponents and you get scored at the end. It's pretty
fun, and less haxxy than the Subway.

Aurath8

Added to that, it's also the best way to test your team for the Subway since somehow, the game generates opponents that exploit your weaknesses. For example, I destroyed the first few opponents with Galvantula and then I went against a Sandstorm Cradily.

Vandslaux

It's also good for testing changes without ruining a streak.

Sucker_Punch

Few questions about EV's...

1) If a wild pokemon defeated one of mine, would the wild one gain EV's? Sounds stupid but whatever -.-
2) Is there any other way to remove EV's, other than the berries which I can't get because my Wi-Fi hates my DS...
3) Any general tips on EV training? Does it make a huge difference or not?

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
1) If a wild pokemon defeated one of mine, would the wild one gain EV's? Sounds stupid but whatever -.-

Nope, wild Pokémon cannot gain EVs.

2) Is there any other way to remove EV's, other than the berries which I can't get because my Wi-Fi hates my DS...

Afraid not, other than breeding for a new Pokémon.

3) Any general tips on EV training? Does it make a huge difference or not?

Use Pokérus and Power Items. They'll make your EV training so much quicker. Vitamins like Calcium, Iron, etc. are good for getting you to the first 100 points if you can afford it and for very precise EV training with non-standard spreads, the Wing items can be pretty useful too.

Really depends on what you want to do with the Pokémon. If you want a team which you can take a bit more seriously (like I do) or something to enter into the Battle Subway then absolutely EV train, because it's really what makes or breaks a Pokémon at the serious battling level. If you're just after a relaxed, casual playthrough with no real direction other than messing about then no need to EV train unless you really want to.

Sucker_Punch

Use Pokérus and Power Items. They'll make your EV training so much quicker. Vitamins like Calcium, Iron, etc. are good for getting you to the first 100 points if you can afford it and for very precise EV training with non-standard spreads, the Wing items can be pretty useful too.

That's great, thank you :)
Ah, Pokérus. How on earth do I get it?! I've been playing pokémon for, what, 8-9 years now, and I've never had it! I understand it's luck, just as shinies are, but still...

Noctourniquet

∆∆∆
That's great, thank you :)
Ah, Pokérus. How on earth do I get it?! I've been playing pokémon for, what, 8-9 years now, and I've never had it! I understand it's luck, just as shinies are, but still...

That's it really, getting it is just down to luck. It's even less likely than a shiny and you need to catch or defeat the infected Pokémon to get the virus. However, if you manage to find someone else who has the virus, they can trade it to you because it spreads between Pokémon. Although that doesn't seem like an option for you so just keep trying. =/

riolu424

Emissary of Kindness
I have a question. When your breeding a Pokemon with a flawless Pokemon, let's say a flawless Ditto, for IV's, is there any ratio for predicting the odds that the offspring will be flawless? Because I've been trying to breed flawless Pokemon with my flawless Ditto for quite awhile.

Sevans

Battle Subway Boss
Basically, take your pokemon's total HP and divide it by 16. If it comes out as a whole number (eg: 160 / 16 = 10) you get 10 health back. What you wanna do, is make sure you actually are at, based on the example, 161, as it will round up and give you 11 HP per turn from Leftovers, instead of 10.

I think that is right, right?

Ummm, no. 161/16=10 and 1/16. Because everything in pokémon rounds down, you still only gain 10 HP until you get to the next number that is divisble by 16.

The ratio of the offspring being flawless is still extremely low. I don't know the ratios for inheriting stats, but your pokémon will inherit 3 IVs from the parent at most. That leaves 3 IVs to randomness. that's 32^3=32768.
So your chances of a flawless egg are 1 in (whatever the chance is that you will get all 3 31s inherited by Ditto)*32768.
Still want to breed for a perfect pokémon?
(Ya, your game hates you statistically. If you want the right nature then your chances get multiplied by 1/25 as well.

koosbane

master breeder
I have a question. When your breeding a Pokemon with a flawless Pokemon, let's say a flawless Ditto, for IV's, is there any ratio for predicting the odds that the offspring will be flawless? Because I've been trying to breed flawless Pokemon with my flawless Ditto for quite awhile.

The parent pokemon give one IV from a random stat each. So if your breeding say a Pikachu with your ditto, the baby pikachu would take one random IV from the ditto and one from the Pikachu in the daycare. The rest are randomized from my understanding. You can influence which stats pass to your eggs by putting a power item from the battle subway or battle tower in HGSS on them. IE, Pokwer anklet raises speed evs gained when held by a pokemon, if you put it on your Ditto the egg will get the ditto's Speed IV.

palkia37

pokemon breeder
Which is better to have? Apokemon with a nature you like ( like volcrona with timid) or having preety good iv's (like 26-31)in one or more of my favored stats.

Zhanton

le quant-à-soi
^ Favourable natures add 10% to a Pokemon's stats. For example neutral-natured Darmanitan might have an attack stat of 280 at Lv 100, whereas if it were Adamant its attack stat would be 308 (280 + 28). On the other hand IVs add anywhere from 0-31.

For the Battle Subway, for example, the most important of the two is having a good nature as 10% is quite a lot. Having good IVs is a bonus, imo.

koosbane

master breeder
If your trying to do competitive you really want both. The nature is pretty much required, then decent IVs in the main stats. Like a sweeper would want both its attacking stat and speed at or as close to max as possible. What I am trying to say is don't stress over having a "perfect" pokemon, they barely or rarely exist outside of using a game hacking device.

palkia37

pokemon breeder
I do alot of breeding of my pokemon so which should focus on more?

koosbane

master breeder
If you like to breed (as I do) read (if you haven't already) about how IVs are passed. its not that hard to get a good nature and two or three perfect ivs. The natures are only as hard to get as getting it once, then you can use the everstone on either or both parents for an almost 100% chance of the nature you want. So natures aren't to hard work on learning about Ivs.

Status
Not open for further replies.