• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ikarishipping General Discussion 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

I am Lu

I could see Dawn get upset when bringing up Paul because he forgot about her again lol. I mean if he does show up i think their will very minimal hints but it would be nice for them to stick with each other and argue. I'm hoping both of them go back together when they have to leave.

I can literally see it perfectly playing out in my head: Dawn, before going to Unova, runs into Paul while she's traveling through Hoenn and is like, "Oh, hey! How are you, did you beat Brandon?" and being all polite, but he's just like, "... Who are you again?"

As for the question, the most utterly plausible thing I could see happening is Cynthia mentioning Paul won the Battle Frontier to Ash and the others and Dawn commenting, "No surprise there; he's really strong!" and then proceeding to explain who Paul is to Iris and Cilan.

Rissychan

Meri Kurisumasu
Welcome to the Ikarishipping Family I am Lu ! :3

If you want to see the preview of the episode featuring Dawn -> Click me
No sign of Paul so far, and Dawn still has the same outfit, it looks like she'll be here for a few episodes :3

What brief ikarishipping moment/hint can you see happening in the new episode(s?) Dawn's reappearing in?

Well, I think Ash could ask about Paul's whereabouts and eother Cynthia or Dawn would answer, of course it'd be awesome if it were Dawn. :'D
I try not to expect anything so that I won't get too disappointed XD

hey, i've noticed people talking about ikarishipping a lot.
but i'm not convinced, can someone please explain to me how this shipping came about??

With proof please, so that i can see what everyone is hyped up about??

(no critisism intended b.t.w!!)

I am Lu

hey, i've noticed people talking about ikarishipping a lot.
but i'm not convinced, can someone please explain to me how this shipping came about??

With proof please, so that i can see what everyone is hyped up about??

(no critisism intended b.t.w!!)

Truthfully, there isn't a ton of proof to back it up. At least, not the kind of proof that, for example, Contestshipping and Pokeshipping have. (Both of which are at least confirmed to be one-sided, although Contestshipping is arguably mutual depending on who you talk to.) It arose out of the idea that opposites attract. The name "Ikari" actually comes from the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion, in which the main character is named Shinji Ikari (Paul=Shinji, Dawn=Hikari).

The shipping started to pick up momentum around DP016 when Dawn tried to break up a fight between Ash and Paul. However, Paul kept staring at her with a stoic expression, which prompted her to ask what was wrong. He then asked her who she was, and she flipped out because they had met before and he couldn't remember her name. Dawn overreacted and tried to kick him in the face, but Brock had to restrain her. She valued Paul enough to want him to know her, but when he didn't, she grew upset.

The other major moment between them takes place in DP186, in which Paul actually opens up to Dawn. He discovers her eavesdropping, and doesn't get upset. She laughs nervously when she sees him and tries to make small talk, but he cuts her off and asks how Ash is doing. She follows him outside and they talk for a few minutes, where he confesses why he dislikes Ash and implies that he has a sort of strained relationship with his brother. They eventually meet up with Ash, but Dawn lingers by Paul's side for a few seconds before laughing nervously again and rushing to Ash's side, all while blushing at Paul.

A complete list of hints can be found here.

Truthfully, there isn't a ton of proof to back it up. At least, not the kind of proof that, for example, Contestshipping and Pokeshipping have. (Both of which are at least confirmed to be one-sided, although Contestshipping is arguably mutual depending on who you talk to.) It arose out of the idea that opposites attract. The name "Ikari" actually comes from the anime Neon Genesis Evangelion, in which the main character is named Shinji Ikari (Paul=Shinji, Dawn=Hikari).

The shipping started to pick up momentum around DP016 when Dawn tried to break up a fight between Ash and Paul. However, Paul kept staring at her with a stoic expression, which prompted her to ask what was wrong. He then asked her who she was, and she flipped out because they had met before and he couldn't remember her name. Dawn overreacted and tried to kick him in the face, but Brock had to restrain her. She valued Paul enough to want him to know her, but when he didn't, she grew upset.

The other major moment between them takes place in DP186, in which Paul actually opens up to Dawn. He discovers her eavesdropping, and doesn't get upset. She laughs nervously when she sees him and tries to make small talk, but he cuts her off and asks how Ash is doing. She follows him outside and they talk for a few minutes, where he confesses why he dislikes Ash and implies that he has a sort of strained relationship with his brother. They eventually meet up with Ash, but Dawn lingers by Paul's side for a few seconds before laughing nervously again and rushing to Ash's side, all while blushing at Paul.

A complete list of hints can be found here.

thanks for that!!

zeno48

Zaker!
I can literally see it perfectly playing out in my head: Dawn, before going to Unova, runs into Paul while she's traveling through Hoenn and is like, "Oh, hey! How are you, did you beat Brandon?" and being all polite, but he's just like, "... Who are you again?"
Hahaha, I can see that play out perfectly in a flashback XD. Dawn being restrained and Paul just walking away like nothing happened. It's so like him.

I am Lu

Hahaha, I can see that play out perfectly in a flashback XD. Dawn being restrained and Paul just walking away like nothing happened. It's so like him.

This is why I want another special mini series, like Pokemon Chronicles - so stupid crap like this can actually happen. I'd love a side story episode where Paul and Dawn run into each other (allowing the situation above to unfold), but they somehow have to wind up working together.

I haven't thought this through.

Kawaii-chan

Writing Fanfiction~
Omigosh Dawn comes back?! :O -tries her best to retain tears of joy- This makes me so happy!! I love her and I can't help but think they creators have to mention Paul when she comes back. After all, he was a big part of the Sinnoh saga and bringing someone into unova from sinnoh would HAVE to mention Shinji, wouldn't they? *sigh* To be honest I didn't really keep up wuth the best wishes series but now I think I might >:D *daydreams* What if Dawn stays :D?! Neh, it's a dream n.n;

What brief ikarishipping moment/hint can you see happening in the new episode(s?) Dawn's reappearing in?

Hmm, what if Trip makes a appearance? I can picture Dawn staring at Trip saying, " Hey, he reminds me of someone." Then she has a flashback sequence of Paul and hopefuly maybe she'll blush? Who knows xD

~StarWisher~

Ikari-licious~♥

Hmm, what if Trip makes a appearance? I can picture Dawn staring at Trip saying, " Hey, he reminds me of someone." Then she has a flashback sequence of Paul and hopefuly maybe she'll blush? Who knows xD

Haha I could so she Trip making an appearance just to make some snide remark to Ash or something, and then Dawn would be there and just narrow her eyes at Trip, rubbing her chin, and thinking: "Why does he remind me of Paul with that attitude? Wait, why am I even thinking of Paul?" *remembers the moment from DP186 and blushes* then smiles stupidly at Ash and everyone and pretends she was totally not thinking of Paul although she most certainly was. XD

Well, at the moment, the only possible hint I can see happening is Dawn having a brief flashback of Paul, either from an encounter they already had in an episode (like something happens that remind her of when Paul forgot her name, or when he confessed why he disliked Ash, or some other moment) or a flashback from when she ran into Paul in Hoenn (if she did). Huh, I wonder how an encounter with Dawn and Paul would be like without Ash or Brock or Zoey there, and the two of them just alone. Like what would they talk about. Ash? Ash is gone! >o Brock? Oh yeah, they would so discuss how Brock falls in love with every pretty girl he sees and how Paul only fell in love with one pretty blue-haired girl with a piplup. *cough* Okay, getting back on-topic... I can't really see Paul making an appearance in these Dawn episodes (although it would so AMAZING if he did! But if not (;x), maybe next time? *crosses fingers*), but if he did... well, I dunno. XD; Maybe I'll think of something later... if I do, I'll just answer this topic again. :p

Rissychan

Meri Kurisumasu
Well we don't have much "proof" to offer since this ship is mostly a FANON xD
Besides, I wouldn't call the list on bulbapedia a real list since it's been edited over and over again during the DP Saga and there's barely anything left on it now.

Ikarishipping came about because of fanfics/fanarts and amvs, so I'd recommend checking these rather than relying on anime evidence.

Last edited:

~StarWisher~

Ikari-licious~♥
So I was checking Bulbapedia to see what episodes Dawn would be appearing in and I realized...

She's appearing on Ikarishipping Day! ;D *squeee*

Also question: Does anybody even know what will be happening in the episodes Dawn will be appearing in? Just curious.

And just so this post doesn't look so spammy, I updated the final chapter of Diamond and Pearl, for anybody who was reading that story... ;p

I am Lu

Dawn coming back doesn't mean Paul is, and unfortunately, there has been no sign he is. But there is a possibility Dawn may have done stories to share about him. That would be interesting.

Considering he was both a favorite of fans and of the writers, I think he will at get a mention. We can hope he'll make an appearance at the Junior World Cup, since Cynthia did say she expected both Paul and Ash would compete again in the Championship League (which the World Cup is presumably based off of).

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
StarWisher: IkariShipping Day? What luck!

I am Lu: *spluttering* Hyserahngkhdjjzsh Favorite rival, you say?! Paul isn't my favorite character. Odd one out anyone?

I was reading this IkariShipping fanfiction and a topic dawned (LOL anyone see that?) on me: Would Paul realize that Dawn was crushing on him? What would his reactions be? What would Dawn's be if she found out?

I updated the final chapter of Diamond and Pearl, for anybody who was reading that story... ;p

You have no idea how long I've been waiting for this. It's such a good story! ;w;

Anyway, seeing as Dawn is finally reappearing, I also hope for a mention of Paul or a flashback thrown in somewhere. Wouldn't it be wonderful if Dawn somehow met him offscreen and brought it up or something? adjkfl <3

Would Paul realize that Dawn was crushing on him? What would his reactions be? What would Dawn's be if she found out?

I think he would be able to realize if someone was crushing on him or not; he's a very perceptive boy who soaks in as much information and detail that he possibly could. He would probably be a bit stunned as well (considering she'd most likely be the only girl he knows who has a crush on him), but other than that I expect no other reaction from him. Love doesn't seem to be his top priority - rather it would probably be at the bottom of his list.

Dawn would freak out. Who wouldn't? You just found out that your crush, the person you admire the most, knows you have feelings for him. Worst yet is that he's a man of little emotions, so the chances of being rejected by him are high (although since he softened up somewhat by the end of DP I could also see him trying to give her a chance haha~).

Last edited:

zeno48

Zaker!
This is why I want another special mini series, like Pokemon Chronicles - so stupid crap like this can actually happen. I'd love a side story episode where Paul and Dawn run into each other (allowing the situation above to unfold), but they somehow have to wind up working together.

I haven't thought this through.
Chronicles season 2? Heck i'm down. Sadly i don't think they will ever do it again. I know what you mean, getting some episodes based on characters that we never hear from anymore. Paul and Dawn would definitely get some screen time together. Imagine if Dawn showed up to watch Paul's battle with Brandon! That would be a good episode imo.

I am Lu

Would Paul realize that Dawn was crushing on him? What would his reactions be? What would Dawn's be if she found out?

I think Paul would notice Dawn acts a little strangely around him compared to other girls (i.e. Zoey, who was prepared to slug him in the face in that one DP episode), but wouldn't be able to put two and two together. Not that he's an oblivious; romance just wouldn't be a high priority on his list. Training and battling always comes first. I think if her feelings did become obvious in one way or another though, I don't he would necessarily react, but would probably be a little (notice the emphasis) bit nicer and at least give her a chance.

Dawn would flip. It's embarrassing to find out that your crush knows you like them.

Chronicles season 2? Heck i'm down. Sadly i don't think they will ever do it again. I know what you mean, getting some episodes based on characters that we never hear from anymore. Paul and Dawn would definitely get some screen time together. Imagine if Dawn showed up to watch Paul's battle with Brandon! That would be a good episode imo.

Right? I want another chronicles series so bad it hurts. I want to see May, Drew, Solidad, and Harley in Johto and Dawn in Hoenn and Paul, Zoey, Kenny, and Barry wherever they decided to run off to.

Oh, I would love to see Dawn go check out his rematch against Brandon. I feel like that's something that would totally happen, too. Like, she would run into Barry (i.e. Paul's biggest fanboy ever) while he's on his way to go see him battle Brandon, and would invite her to come along with him. Fun times.

Status
Not open for further replies.