• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ikarishipping General Discussion 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeno48

Zaker!
Right? I want another chronicles series so bad it hurts. I want to see May, Drew, Solidad, and Harley in Johto and Dawn in Hoenn and Paul, Zoey, Kenny, and Barry wherever they decided to run off to.
No love for max? lol yeah i get you. If they showcase more screentime for Paul and Dawn together i won't complain :). May and Drew would be cool too just to build on their relationship and possibly provide support for Paul and Dawn :).
Oh, I would love to see Dawn go check out his rematch against Brandon. I feel like that's something that would totally happen, too. Like, she would run into Barry (i.e. Paul's biggest fanboy ever) while he's on his way to go see him battle Brandon, and would invite her to come along with him. Fun times.
God, now you are making me wish they actually end up doing this :(.

I am Lu

No love for max? lol yeah i get you. If they showcase more screentime for Paul and Dawn together i won't complain :). May and Drew would be cool too just to build on their relationship and possibly provide support for Paul and Dawn :).

Yes, Max too, of course. He unfortunately gets left behind a lot, haha. He's the Tracey of the Advanced Generation.

If Drew and May and the whole enchilada went back to Hoenn after competing in Johto, and met up with Dawn (who, if you remember, went there for contests in her special DP episode) and Paul (who for whatever reason is challenging the league there again) there ... I would not be able to contain my feels. Team Magma or Aqua could show up again and they'd have a two-episode arc fighting them off and everything would turn into diamonds, because that's how perfect everything would be.

God, now you are making me wish they actually end up doing this :(.

I'm making myself want it.

zeno48

Zaker!
Yes, Max too, of course. He unfortunately gets left behind a lot, haha. He's the Tracey of the Advanced Generation.
Yeah, true that! We are more likely to see May return than Max. Which is fine by me either way.

If Drew and May and the whole enchilada went back to Hoenn after competing in Johto, and met up with Dawn (who, if you remember, went there for contests in her special DP episode) and Paul (who for whatever reason is challenging the league there again) there ... I would not be able to contain my feels. Team Magma or Aqua could show up again and they'd have a two-episode arc fighting them off and everything would turn into diamonds, because that's how perfect everything would be.

Honestly, i'm just interested in more Paul and Dawn interactions. If they feel like going through a small mini arc with team aqua and magma then fine. Although i don't see what they could end up doing since their team disbanded i believe. Yeah one of the few team members could start up a new goal but who knows. Anyways one of the new titles confirmed Dawn showing up. So i can't wait ^_^.

I'm making myself want it.
If only i knew how to draw i would make myself an alternative ending with both of them :(.

CaninePKM

Canines!!!
Hey folks ~

It's been a while since I last posted here, frankly I felt like I was almost the only one posting and I was kinda tired of working my *** for this thread when noone had the time to come. =/ Not that I'm blaming you my fellow ikarishippers, but it felt depressing to be alone in here x3

it is sad to see our family not been able to come, but summer's coming meaning more free time for ikari~ness

What brief ikarishipping moment/hint can you see happening in the new episode(s?) Dawn's reappearing in?

Hmm, what if Trip makes a appearance? I can picture Dawn staring at Trip saying, " Hey, he reminds me of someone." Then she has a flashback sequence of Paul and hopefuly maybe she'll blush? Who knows xD

Haha I could so she Trip making an appearance just to make some snide remark to Ash or something, and then Dawn would be there and just narrow her eyes at Trip, rubbing her chin, and thinking: "Why does he remind me of Paul with that attitude? Wait, why am I even thinking of Paul?" *remembers the moment from DP186 and blushes* then smiles stupidly at Ash and everyone and pretends she was totally not thinking of Paul although she most certainly was. XD

XD lol totally want that to happen

What brief ikarishipping moment/hint can you see happening in the new episode(s?) Dawn's reappearing in?

Well, at the moment, the only possible hint I can see happening is Dawn having a brief flashback of Paul, either from an encounter they already had in an episode (like something happens that remind her of when Paul forgot her name, or when he confessed why he disliked Ash, or some other moment) or a flashback from when she ran into Paul in Hoenn (if she did). Huh, I wonder how an encounter with Dawn and Paul would be like without Ash or Brock or Zoey there, and the two of them just alone. Like what would they talk about. Ash? Ash is gone! >o Brock? Oh yeah, they would so discuss how Brock falls in love with every pretty girl he sees and how Paul only fell in love with one pretty blue-haired girl with a piplup. *cough* Okay, getting back on-topic... I can't really see Paul making an appearance in these Dawn episodes (although it would so AMAZING if he did! But if not (;x), maybe next time? *crosses fingers*), but if he did... well, I dunno. XD; Maybe I'll think of something later... if I do, I'll just answer this topic again. :p

intresting

So I was checking Bulbapedia to see what episodes Dawn would be appearing in and I realized...

She's appearing on Ikarishipping Day! ;D *squeee*

XD AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! dies

i gunna do the topic later when i have more time!
bye guys
~quilava

Man, this thing has grown since I last posted. HOW LONG WAS I GONE!!!!!!??? +cries+ It's wonderful to be back.

~StarWisher~

Ikari-licious~♥
Would Paul realize that Dawn was crushing on him? What would his reactions be? What would Dawn's be if she found out?

Funny, this is one thing I have never ever thought about or considered happening. o-O Well, erm. If Paul realized Dawn was crushing on him I think he would be mildly shocked and would wonder why. I mean, he must be aware that he's not exactly a popular guy to crush on considering his cold personality and harsh training methods (even if they are a thing in the past...they are a thing of the past now, aren't they?). And he probably would realize Dawn was crushing on him. He does seem like the observant type, and even if he was too busy focusing on his training to notice Dawn making googly eyes at him or whatever, he would probably still realize it after a while, especially if she makes it really obvious. As for Dawn? She would be devastated! XD I mean, I don't think she would want Paul to know she's crushing him. I mean he's Paul and she's Dawn. If I was in Dawn's shoes, I would be terrified of rejection from him. But then again, who knows, maybe she would try to flirt with him (and fail epicly due to nerves XD; ) if she realized he knew she was crushing on him.

//broken & beautiful

//dragon slayer
Would Paul realize that Dawn was crushing on him? What would his reactions be? What would Dawn's be if she found out?

I think, that despite Paul's perceptiveness, he'd be the type of person that doesn't really pick up on the romantic thing.
ormaybeifhedoeshe'sjustotooafraidofitbeingtoogoodtobetruebecausehe'sinlovewithdawn
imean
cough.
I can imagine Zoey or Barry constantly hinting to Paul about Dawn possibly liking him, because that's what friends are for, right? HAHA.
Dawn would be mortified, I think. It's embarrassing when your crush knows you like them, it's worse when said crush is basically an emotionless rock.
Paul, I don't know. He'd probably wave it off or possibly blush a little, or maybe just act a bit nicer but more awkward around Dawn?

I don't know.

I am Lu

I think, that despite Paul's perceptiveness, he'd be the type of person that doesn't really pick up on the romantic thing.
ormaybeifhedoeshe'sjustotooafraidofitbeingtoogoodtobetruebecausehe'sinlovewithdawn
imean
cough.
I can imagine Zoey or Barry constantly hinting to Paul about Dawn possibly liking him, because that's what friends are for, right? HAHA.
Dawn would be mortified, I think. It's embarrassing when your crush knows you like them, it's worse when said crush is basically an emotionless rock.
Paul, I don't know. He'd probably wave it off or possibly blush a little, or maybe just act a bit nicer but more awkward around Dawn?

I don't know.

Except, Zoey hates Paul's guts, haha. I feel like if Paul and Dawn ever did start dating, Zoey would just stand there and glare at him until Dawn comes downstairs for their date.

zeno48

Zaker!
For the 1st question i don't think he would be all thrilled. I mean it doesn't seem like his character to start blushing but rather maybe just reject her at first. I'm sure later he could change and start liking her if he decided to give her a chance.
For his reaction i think he wouldn't care at all. He would just reject her sadly or tell her he isn't interested in dating, but with any luck Dawn could work around that possibly lol.
As for Dawn i think she would probably be surprised since this is Paul we are talking about lol. I don't expect her to accept him and start dating but I think she could turn out to like him if she got to know him later on.

I am Lu

I have a question, not a topic, but a legitimate question: In what episode did Paul/Shinji call Dawn/Hikari troublesome, if he ever did? This is reoccurring nickname I see throughout tons of fanworks, but I can't recall him referring to her as such in the series. Maybe I'm just missing something and if I am, I figure my fellow Ikarishippers can swoop in and fill me in.

Last edited:

Rissychan

Meri Kurisumasu
If you haven't seen it yet, here's the preview of BW87 in which Dawn comes back and yes IT'S ON IKARI DAY :'D
I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing since there will probably be some Pearlshipping fanservice much like when May cameo'ed in DP :'3

But OH WELL, at least we'll get to see her !

From what we see in the preview, Dawn comes back, she trolls Ash (since when does she pull pranks on other characters? xD), she has a battle with Cilan and Iris teaches her how to swing on vines XD

In what episode did Paul/Shinji call Dawn/Hikari troublesome, if he ever did?

He never did, it's completely fanmade, though it's become so overused that people think it's actually canon xD
I did a little research some time ago and found out that the nickname was introduced by HarvestGirl10 (aka Kawaii Chan on serebiiforums) in one of her first fanfics~

Btw are you the same I am Lu from ff.net ? :3

Hum, I think he wouldn't, unless Dawn confesses or someone else tells him how she feels about him x3 He doesn't care much for romance and isn't particularly looking out for any signs so I guess he'd completely overlook them xD

Last edited:

I am Lu

If you haven't seen it yet, here's the preview of BW87 in which Dawn comes back and yes IT'S ON IKARI DAY :'D
I don't know if it's a good or a bad thing since there will probably be some Pearlshipping fanservice much like when May cameo'ed in DP :'3

From what we see in the preview, Dawn comes back, she trolls Ash (since when does she pull pranks on other characters? xD), she has a battle with Cilan and Iris teaches her how to swing on vines XD

Eh, I guess it depends on how you interpret it. I only see Ash and Dawn as really good friends, so what others may see as a hint, I see as them just being friends. It works that way for nearly all ships. Nevertheless, I am excited to see Dawn, too. Hopefully Paul with show up (or cameo) later in the series.

He never did, it's completely fanmade, though it's become so overused that people think it's actually canon xD
I did a little research some time ago and found out that the nickname was introduced by HarvestGirl10 (aka Kawaii Chan on serebiiforums) in one of her first fanfics~

See, that's what I thought. I went back and started watching DP episodes and about midway through I was like, "Um, Paul had not called Dawn 'Troublesome.' Did that even happen?" I was wondering if it was something that was a part of the original, and not the dub, but it looks like it was just fanmade. How funny.

Btw are you the same I am Lu from ff.net ? :3

Yes! I am, as a matter of fact.

zeno48

Zaker!

Haha, i just couldn't stop laughing at that. I can see a George of the jungle reference and having Dawn hit every single tree XD. I know, i'm bad lol. You can't say that there will be any, heck in diamond and pearl there weren't much moments between the two aside from just a strong friendship like May. It's not in Ashes character to start liking woman all of a sudden and if the day comes that it starts happening i will call shenanigans.

Like Starwisher said, Paul would probably find out quickly seeing as Dawn isn't very subtle. Dawn, like all girls her age, would be mortified at the prospect of Paul knowing about her crush. She'd probably hide from him for days. I see it as awkward for Paul, he's probably not used to being crushed on. Hehe, poor Paul.

Woah, what? He did? From what I know of... he didn't. Kinda funny how fannon becomes cannon without it being cannon, ne? :D

Except, Zoey hates Paul's guts, haha. I feel like if Paul and Dawn ever did start dating, Zoey would just stand there and glare at him until Dawn comes downstairs for their date.
LOL I gotta agree with that one...It's been SO long since I last came here. life catches up really fast with you -____________- And I'm likely to be murdered for not having updated my Ikari fanfic in about 5 months TT^TT I REALLY DO FEEL GUILTY *starts crying* Oh well, I suppose I'll do my best to finish one chapter today 8D Feel free to critic my story. Here's the link mina-san :p : http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6819687/1/The_Legend_of_Diamond_and_Pearl

Oh my gosh, how come I haven't checked this thread! @_@
I love Ikarishipping. :3
I don't think Paul would realize if she was crushing on him because I don't think he'd be looking for and clues..lol
If he did find out, I think he would just try and avoid the thought. xD
He never did, it's completely fanmade, though it's become so overused that people think it's actually canon xD I did a little research some time ago and found out that the nickname was introduced by HarvestGirl10 (aka Kawaii Chan on serebiiforums) in one of her first fanfics~
This. Wow, I also thought it was real. xD
That's a really nice story! ^^ Good job.

When I read this, I think it made my whole year. lol. x3

I hope Paul is in the tournament. ;=; Then maybe Dawn could cheer on him. :3

I drew something. :)

Last edited:

Kawaii-chan

Writing Fanfiction~

Oh my hehe that was so long ago that even I forgot about that xD I don't even remember how that came about -fail- but I'm glad I contributed to the fandom in the some ^////^

And I'm so excited for Dawn to come in!!! Seriously, this makes me so happy :) I'm going to count down the days until she appears >:D Nothing will keep me from all the possible long-missed ikari hint~

Last edited:
Oh my hehe that was so long ago that even I forgot about that xD I don't even remember how that came about -fail- but I'm glad I contributed to the fandom in the some ^////^

And I'm so excited for Dawn to come in!!! Seriously, this makes me so happy :) I'm going to count down the days until she appears >:D Nothing will keep me from all the possible long-missed ikari hint~

Dawn is coming on Best Wishes 2 in nine more days!! :)
If I ever find that story, I'll be sure to read it. ^^

I'm currently working on some more Ikari fan art, Dawn and Paul will be in Unova. ^_^ Maybe I'll turn it into a comic. if I have time...

Last edited:

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
Dang, I haven't even watched all the Japanese episodes yet...

Just out of curiousity, what sort of hints can you think of it Dawn and Paul were to battle, as either rivals or partners? I can see it happening for some reason.

My name isn't on the member list. Did I forget to ask?

Last edited:

zeno48

Zaker!
Dang, I haven't even watched all the Japanese episodes yet...

Just out of curiousity, what sort of hints can you think of it Dawn and Paul were to battle, as either rivals or partners? I can see it happening for some reason.

My name isn't on the member list. Did I forget to ask?

I don't think at first they would battle well together. I can see Paul complaining about how girly her battle style is and how weak her pokemon are compared to his. Then a huge fight :p.

Status
Not open for further replies.