• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ikarishipping General Discussion 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

isawthephoto

Still waiting.
Haha... it's been a while but I'll answer anyway. I'm Caitie, for those of you (read: all of you) who don't remember. :]

If Paul and Dawn were older and had been dating for a while, but he died suddenly (illness or something else, you decide), how would you react to it?

o___O If he died to protect someone (read: Hikari) then I'd be like... well that sucks, but at least it was sweet. If, however, Shinji got something like TB or some crazy s***, I'd probably fly to Japan and cut the writers up.

Here's a question:

What attracts you most to Ikarishipping?

For me, it feels like Zutara from Avatar. I prefer to believe that Shinji is NOT heartless, but is just... misguided. And it seems that the anime supports that, a bit. Hikari is so full of vitality and love and hope, and Shinji could use a little of those characteristics to mature.

Of course, he balances her, too. Hikari needs a little realism. And I think Shinji could really provide that. Also, regardless of his stoicism (which is a facade, IMO) Shinji is really passionate about the things he cares about (AKA, pokemon.) If he fell in love with Hikari, he'd be so devoted to her that I just can't even stand it.

So, to answer my question (and I hope you all answer it too <3) I believe that Ikarishipping is about maturation and balance. And I feel like any good relationship requires some checks and balances to work. Hikari's and Shinji's certainly would.

FlameRose

Haha... it's been a while but I'll answer anyway. I'm Caitie, for those of you (read: all of you) who don't remember. :]

If Paul and Dawn were older and had been dating for a while, but he died suddenly (illness or something else, you decide), how would you react to it?

o___O If he died to protect someone (read: Hikari) then I'd be like... well that sucks, but at least it was sweet. If, however, Shinji got something like TB or some crazy s***, I'd probably fly to Japan and cut the writers up.

Here's a question:

For me, it feels like Zutara from Avatar. I prefer to believe that Shinji is NOT heartless, but is just... misguided. And it seems that the anime supports that, a bit. Hikari is so full of vitality and love and hope, and Shinji could use a little of those characteristics to mature.

Of course, he balances her, too. Hikari needs a little realism. And I think Shinji could really provide that. Also, regardless of his stoicism (which is a facade, IMO) Shinji is really passionate about the things he cares about (AKA, pokemon.) If he fell in love with Hikari, he'd be so devoted to her that I just can't even stand it.

So, to answer my question (and I hope you all answer it too <3) I believe that Ikarishipping is about maturation and balance. And I feel like any good relationship requires some checks and balances to work. Hikari's and Shinji's certainly would.

Um..I'm sorry, but what's a TB death?? -confused-

And to answer your question...

There's just something Paul has that characters like Kenny don't. And honestly, I agree that he's not as cruel as people make him out to be. Dawn could eventually see through this, and it could lead to something starting between them. :) Personally, I hope that he MATURES, but still has that snarky attitude we all love. XD And yes, there has to be balance..which is why Ikari is so awesome.

What attracts me to Ikarishipping is the uniqueness that this ship has. It's not everyday you see a "happy and bubbly girl" paired with a "cold-hearted boy" (or so he's been made as) in Pokemon ships. I like the fact that this relationship could go so many ways and how interesting it would be if their relationship actually went somewhere in the anime. It would only build into something that changes how people interpret how Shinji and Hikari are. :)

You could even say that Shinji has seen the "Hikari" in his ways. ;)

Last edited:

FlameRose

...Oooooooooooh. Thanks for clearing it up! (And yeah, that would be annoying...)

Also, I thought of a new question!

Paul and Dawn are alone and suddenly Hunter J attacks them, which involves Paul getting frozen by that bracelet of hers. How does the situation work out?

iLOVEcroutons

Grass Type Lover
Hmm....what attracts me to iKari..? WELL! It's just too adorable! Also it's a type of shipping where their conflicts make them grown stronger together. And Shinji/ Paul has that type of toughness to protect Hikari/ Dawn, but he's still kinda of love slow....Hikari is y'know the typical stubborn girl who won't admit her feelings until she's fully ready. Then it would leed to one of those awesomely cute and cliche moments where she confesses and cries in his arms~! <3 =]

Paul and Dawn are alone and suddenly Hunter J attacks them, which involves Paul getting frozen by that bracelet of hers. How does the situation work out?
To be honest I wouldn't know what would happen o.o maybe ahhhhh Hikari/ Dawn will try her best to protect him and (ahhhhh......) confess while he's frozen?
(iLOVEcroutons = FAIL!)

sweetpikachu

PYT. ♥ (:
Oh wow I haven't been here in a LONG time ^^;;

Just one simple fact: it's cute! I love the idea of the mean guy/sweet girl Ships. Dawn can dig up the very little bit of good inside of Paul with the way she is. That's why this Shipping can work out so well. <3

Knowing Dawn, she'll freak out, cry, cry some more try everything she can to save him. (Yeah... I wasn't really good with this question xD)

isawthephoto

Still waiting.
...Oooooooooooh. Thanks for clearing it up! (And yeah, that would be annoying...)

Yes it would be, haha. No problem :]

Dawn and all of the pokemon in the vicinity cry over him ala the first movie's revival of Ash... Or she b****slaps J into oblivion and thaws Paul out manually. Which would probably take hours of hand raping whatever heating process she would decide to employ...

~StarWisher~

Ikari-licious~♥
Welcome Newbies-ikarishippers! ;D *gets mic* *speaking like those people on airplanes* Enjoy your time and spread the ikarishipping love and show your devotion by posting here as much as you can! Thank you!

Aww man! I missed the DP128 love... *pouts*

I loved that episode. Saw it as soon as I could. It made me very sad though when Paul lost. I mean, COME ON, first he loses to Ash's staravia in the Ring-throwing (??) contest then loses in front of a gym leader, Dawn, Ash, DAWN, Brock, Zoey and DAWN (cannot exaggerate it enough!) to Brandon!

And ooh yay, hints! ^.^ Hopes there's more in the two-parter ones =D. Siiiigh.... Please don't lose again, please don't lose again, Paul you're too awesome to lose! T.T Don't lose, don't lose!

Opposite attracting! Also Paul's cold attitude and Dawn's preppy attitude, plus DP016 and many other things ikarishipping has that is just pure A-W-E-S-O-M-E-!!! Yeah, I know, my answer sucks. But it's true! It's like... me and ikarishipping were... meant to be. *wipes tears away* *is shot and bricked many times*

Okay, real, non-crack answer: it's the possibility of the ship. I mean, (talking fic-wise) it could end in tragedy, end in happiness, have dramatic parts, and much more. The possibilities are endless. Like in the anime, I can picture SO MANY new daydreams about these two (and trust me, everytime I do my heart and me squeal together :))

Thinking of daydream, I had a dream where I was reading the ikarishipping page on bulbapedia and reading their list! There was hints on there that aren't even on the REAL page. xDDD (My second dream like this)

Freak out, possibly cry, freak out, panic, do something dramatic. If we're all lucky she'll steal Paul's magmar and torterra, unfreeze Paul with magmar's flamethrower then have torterra *** kick her no-good-Paul-freezing butt to Pluto. And they'll live happily ever after!

Last edited:

Rissychan

Meri Kurisumasu
Yay for alive thread =D

I have an announcement first, in almost one month on 28th June is your beloved IKARISHIPPING DAY! ♥

We chose this date last year because it's the airdate or a "Gruff Act to Follow" and the infamous "My name is Dawn" scene in Roark's Gym =D

I'm hosting an Ikarishipping MEP on youtube to celebrate it and spread the word! n_n

Feel free to make fanworks for this event and link them here n_n

New fanarts

from pixiv.

New fanfics

Now onto the topics x3

Hum__ so many things attract me to Ikarishipping XD The personnality clash and the endless possibilities which ensue. This ship has such a great potential, you can make anything with it. I experienced it with my amvs, it works no matter what the song is , cheesy (You're beautiful by James Blunt), angsty (Already Over by Red) and so on.
Besides I really think Hikari and Shinji are meant to be, like it's fate.
At first they would argue a lot because they're so different from each other but I believe they can end up understanding and respecting each other. Shinji probably has reasons to act the way he does (everyone has) and a dark past, (that's how I see him and how the fandom pictures him anyway) and Hikari could be the one who'll heal his wounds.
She's so nice, caring and sensitive I think she can, more than anyone else, help him overcome his problems.
That's a lot of extrapolation I know XD;

That would be great XD Though I'd prefer the contrary, Shinji savind Dawn <3
I guess Dawn would like to save him no matter what, even if she doesn't really like him at this point of the anime, cause she's like this ^^
In the end Shinji would have to thank her and recognize that she's not that useless =P

Last edited:

iLOVEcroutons

Grass Type Lover
Yay for alive thread =D

I have an announcement first, in almost one month on 28th June is your beloved IKARISHIPPING DAY! ♥

We chose this date last year because it's the airdate or a "Gruff Act to Follow" and the infamous "My name is Dawn" scene in Roark's Gym =D
IKARISHIPPING DAY! ♥
I never knew it existed!!! TT^TT my life is partially complete! *heart hits 97%*
Can't wait for that day! Maybe i'll draw something! =3

New fanarts

from pixiv.

Those pictures are so cute and funny!
The first one is soooooo adorable! I like the coloring and their outfits are wonderful (especially Dawn's dress)!
And the second picture made me laugh because of Shinji/ Paul's face!!! haha XD

Thanks for the effort Rissychan~!

Last edited:

isawthephoto

Still waiting.
Besides I really think Hikari and Shinji are meant to be, like it's fate.
At first they would argue a lot because they're so different from each other but I believe they can end up understanding and respecting each other. Shinji probably has reasons to act the way he does (everyone has) and a dark past, (that's how I see him and how the fandom pictures him anyway) and Hikari could be the one who'll heal his wounds.
She's so nice, caring and sensitive I think she can, more than anyone else, help him overcome his problems.

I completely agree. One of the things that I love about relationships like theirs (or how I imagine theirs to be) is the growth, both mentally and spiritually, that occurs when two mentally immature people come together.

Shinji needs to learn to accept himself for who he is, and also to let others in through his emotional shields, and Hikari needs someone to ground into reality her a bit. He's remarkably disciplined (to a fault) and she's... well, getting there.

BTW, Ikarishipping day? There is a god!

Oooh. :D Ikarishipping day? I was wondering when that was coming... Thanks for the heads up Rissychan! :3 Also, awesome fan arts you found. X) I adored the first one. It looks so cute and real.

One of the things that I love about relationships like theirs (or how I imagine theirs to be) is the growth, both mentally and spiritually, that occurs when two mentally immature people come together.

Yes, and when that happens, a whole new approach at what a relationship can do, opens with so many possibilities. Shinji could learn from Hikari with how to treat people and Pokemon with respect and love. Of course, it would take some time for Shinji to change for her as he probably has a deep past that needs to be unlocked by our little blue-haired coordinator *looks at Hikari*

Hikari needs someone to ground into reality her a bit. He's remarkably disciplined (to a fault) and she's... well, getting there.

True. Whatever Shinji went through as a child (again, presumed by the fanbase), Hikari never went through. On order for her to mature herself, she needs to see things through Shinji's shoes. It's what balances out these two characters. Hikari really needs to wake up from her dream world more. Sure, she's felt the emotional struggle of losing a couple of contests, but that's nothing compared to the real world that Shinji could help her get through, because he probably has the experience.

csisps_26

Roark <3
^Nice fanarts! So cute... ^^ ...and... Welcome to the new members that I didn't say welcome to.

I agree with Rissy that I prefer Dawn getting frozen instead. But... Dawn will try all she can to save/restore him. Paul is still mentally conscious, so maybe he'll be a teeny bit touched by her actions. When he's unfrozen, he would probably be reluctant to say thanks, whatsoever.

Rissychan

Meri Kurisumasu
I totally agree with you guys (pokefan and isawthephoto) they can grow up and mature together.

I wathed today's japanese episode no Shinji so not much to say XD But dont forget he'll be back in 2 weeks for a full battle with Ash! ^^

Nothing much to say , you can already watch some of the Ikari MEPs parts which were posted for the IS Day ^-^

Playlist

~StarWisher~

Ikari-licious~♥
Yay for alive thread =D

I'm hosting an Ikarishipping MEP on youtube to celebrate it and spread the word! n_n

Feel free to make fanworks for this event and link them here n_n

Yay! The blessed day is almost (31 days away, not counting today from where I am) here! =D

*sigh* I wanted to make an AMV for ikarishipping day, but...well, lets just day I'm hated. By my computer and YT. Or I'm just really stupid. I'm going with both. XDD

Oh, also those pics are so kawaii Rissychan! *o*

Okay, new topic concerning Ikarishipping Day.

What will you do on Ikarishipping Day to spread the ikarishipping love?

Like I said, I wanted to make an AMV for the special day, but that isn't going to happen. I WILL make a new one-shot for the day. I just need to figure out the perfect idea....

Edit:

Just for the heck of it... (lol there's going to be a lot of topics)

Have anyone or anything (like a member of some ff.net, YT, etc., a fanfic, an AMV, fartart...etc.) ever inspire you, or help you realize your love for this ship?

Will answer later... :p I wanna see the other answers first ;D
My answer is yes though....

Last edited:

kimykaiba

Hi!I'm very happy 4 ikarishipping day and the contest of rissy is cool!I make more and more draw of ikari 4 this day^^ sorry 4 my bad english I'm italian XD

... Ok, I know I'm really inactive but this is ridiculous. xDDD;;; Welcome to the ikarishipping family, all the new people ^^ Hope you have fun.

WOW, IS day is coming up? Again? Wow... I still remember when we were counting down to last year's one... xD

Hm... I decided, in an attempt to keep myself more active, I should do more ikari stuff and post it here randomly. Here's some fanart from me :3

Walking ♥

I LOOOVE your fanart, midnightjewelz ^^ It's soooo cute.

Have anyone or anything (like a member of some ff.net, YT, etc., a fanfic, an AMV, fartart...etc.) ever inspire you, or help you realize your love for this ship?

Definitely!! There are heaps of people that have kept me going, inspired me and made me realize how much I love this ship. (this thread? :D) But one person in particular is Suwamoto ^^ Her fanart is just beautiful, there is no other word.

Edit: And the fanfic Lady Marmalade: Sweet Sweet Revenge by HarvestGirl10/kawaii-chan >8DDDD

Hikari and Shinji go really well together, so it's actually (in a way) good that there aren't many hints because it makes it a really flexible couple. What I mean is that you can do anything with it - you can imagine up scenarios or daydream, and there's every possibility it will actually happen because the boundaries haven't been set by what's already happened in the show. That and it's different - it's nice to have a mysterious pair for a change. Oh, and it's mega-cute. x33333

~StarWisher~

Ikari-licious~♥
Welcome kimykaiba! :D

And AWWWWWWWW! that picture is so cute and sweet xXContestshipperXx. Question though: did you like, hand-draw it? Because it's really, really good! AND CUTE! :333 Just like midnightjewelz. x3

Okay, I'll do the topic now:

Yes. Most specifically, An Ikarishipping Fic by anonymouswritermm, which was soooo cute! x33 Coincedence by Kamitori/Kazewind which was also very adorable. I became an ikarishipper from DP016, but I read these two fics afterwards, which helped me love this ship even more! Also Rissychan's AMV's. They are all just awesome. Also most of Kawaii-chan's and Aeneid's stories. :3 Plus way more. x3

Edit: Shinji's reappearance is in less than two weeks! I can't believe they're having the second part a week after the first one. D:< Oh well. Go Team Shinji! :D

Last edited:

iLOVEcroutons

Grass Type Lover

THAT PICTURE IS SOOOO CUTE! ♥♥♥♥♥♥ and I love how it's in pencil, it looks so nice! =3

To be honest in the beginning of Diamond and Pearl....I was....

A Pearlshipper!

GASP!!!!!! *dodges flying multiple iKari bullets*

I downloaded episodes to create some AMV's when I came across this one episode.....
Where Hikari stops Paul and Ash from fighting (all iKarishippers know that scene =D )....I soon fell in love with iKarishipping!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that's my ikari story! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.