• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

IkariShipping General Discussion 4.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

BubChan

Wonderwall
IkariShipping General Discussion 4.0
[IMGSIZE=500]http://a4.ec-images.myspacecdn.com/images02/92/45f93dc6a1134dc683ed7a0d10009723/l.jpg[/IMGSIZE]

IkariShipping is the name given to the couple of Paul/Shinji and Dawn/Hikari, this shipping very popular in pokémon fandom, Ikari means rage, rage is always there when Paul and Dawn are together​

Rules
1. all Sppf and Shippers Community rules apply here
2. Don't bash any Character or Shipping
3. The main topic is IkariShipping, so, no off topic posts
4. Be respectful to everyone
5. if you don't like this ship, this is not your place

BubChan (Leader)
matthew11
sage striaton
majormanafemale

No fanfics, one-shots or drabbles, if you have one, please tell me :D

No videos, if you have one, please tell me :D

No videos, if you have one, please tell me :D

Let's spread the Ikari love ;D

Last edited:

matthew11

8000 MMR
Wow, finally someone made this thread. I was about to create one a week ago actually, though most shippers here don't support this ship, and I ended up not making one. So, to get things started here:

What do you like about Ikarishipping?

This ship has come to mind after the DP series. It seems that, even if they are the opposite of each other, there is a possibility that they may end up together because of the saying "Opposites attract". You know where I'm getting at. And the fact that I saw many fan arts about it, they just made me support this ship more.

BubChan

Wonderwall
It's great to see more IkariShippers here xD

What do you like about Ikarishipping?
I really like the tension between them, Paul is always annoying Ash and Dawn really hate this, but, i feel something when they're facing each other, i feel that they're reading each other's face, maybe Dawn is understanding him and Paul is understanding her, other thing that i love in this ship is when Paul start to annoy Dawn, for some reason, it's cute xD

majormanafemale

I like the intrest that Dawn shiws in Paul she likes him enough to be curious about him. And love nickname he gave her. Troublesome stotic Paul repeslivly shoeing emotion a.d she js troublrsome cause gets to his heart and he trys to me a man whl uses his head. They are cute. Plus doesn't hurt that their hajr coordinates.

BubChan

Wonderwall
I like the intrest that Dawn shiws in Paul she likes him enough to be curious about him. And love nickname he gave her. Troublesome stotic Paul repeslivly shoeing emotion a.d she js troublrsome cause gets to his heart and he trys to me a man whl uses his head. They are cute. Plus doesn't hurt that their hajr coordinates.

Yeah, totally agree with you, Dawn is always curious about him, maybe she cares about him, and i think that Paul is interested in her, but he never shows this because he want to be that trainer that only cared about training stuff, so yeah, many people thinks that IkariShipping it's hintless, it doesn't have many hints unlike PokéShipping, AdvanceShipping, ContestShipping, AmourShipping... But we had few moments that shows an interest between Dawn and Paul.

majormanafemale

Advanceshipping was total fake out for friendship ship but some ppl stick with it out of guilt and thinking their cute together if contest and poke get anymore blantant they would be kissing which would neve happen fo ten and under crowd centric shows. IIrakishipping is their they are just different types of hints because Dawn isn't typical 10 yr old girl in regards to Pokémon unlike semi firey Misty and May who seem more normal and want to understand romance they don't. Misty pretends she does where as May prrtends to be clueless. Dawn is more of feminine girly girl if she didn't have to travel to meet her goal she wouldn't travel. And Paul likes to play it cool for 10-11 yr old which is oddly more accuratue to real world then pokémon for children that age. So we get hints like Dawn stalking Paul who ask about if she is spying for Ash he ttolerates her cimpany and begans to open up in moments alone. They find more reasonable reasons to get in each others face then Ash and Misty or May and Drew. For Paul and Dawn it is more about true disagreemen then petty diffrences in philosophy and wanting to understand each other. Dawn is mostly heart where as Paul is mostly head but where as Ash,Misty and May are really dense Dawn has a little of brain power. Ad Paul isn't heartless shown when he saved Dawn. So where Dawn and Paul are concerned the hints are more subtle. Which really was nice change of pace in dp.diamond and pearl Dawn and Paul hmm. Just weird coinedence just noticed diamond and pearl start with d and p just like Dawn and Paul funny coincidence.

BubChan

Wonderwall
Well, let's try to not discuss about other shippings, let's talk about IkariShipping only! Anyway, i will not let this thread die again! so let's start another topic:

Do you have any Ikari Headcanons?

majormanafemale

Irakishipping head cannons just one and I know it is weird. Dawn and Paul none of their friends know their dating, kissing or making love but they serectly our. Dawn gets pregnants with triplets from Paul all her friends have hunch but as they never see him they really don't know their his triplets. No one will ever ask Dawn about it because she just gives a weird glare. He sees the 2 boys and 1 girl often but their still to young to sort of tattle on mommy. They turn 3 in December in my head cannon and Paul and Dawn have no clue what they will do when they turn 3 as know sercet will spill.

What I was trying to say but failed before Paul and Dawn work off diffrent set of circumstances then most other ships and thus hints will be diffrent but they can be easy to miss irakishipping but it is their.

One of my fav hints is when Zoey trys to tell Paul off and Dawn's actions speak louder then words she yanks Zoey away from Paul. It just seems weird in a good way that Dawn is in away defending Paul and it was clear she didn't want Zoey near Paul. It is just very interesting scene.

matthew11

8000 MMR
Where are the Ikarishippers at?

When you started to ship IkariShipping?

Hehe, just said that in my last post. In the end of the DP series, I realized how cute Hikari and Shinji would be if they were together, just like that, and sometimes it gets me thinking about how they would be together. They may have not have have hints whatsoever, but they have some decent personalities and characteristics that, usually for people who understands it, gets along with one another, even opposites.

majormanafemale

Irakishipping maybe a ship I ship but just finished pokeshipping week. That's what some of us where up to. I think it was when Dawn sort of stalked Paul then all his tension seemed to relax when relized her being their had 0 to do with Ash and he said whatever to her staying their in Paul's way.

OfCorsola

Brock and Misty!
i need to go back writing my Ikarific! Been busy!
Speaking of christmas soon
What do you think Paul and Dawn would get for each other for christmas?
Dawn would get an annoying plush that would speak saying "where's that smile!!"
Paul would probably get Dawn a depressing record about workin' hard and death xD

Simon Alexander

basalit-an
My OTP! I've been sailing this ship for years, man. I left Serebii about four years ago when I moved and life took over, but now I'm back you guys <3 Gonna help breathe some life into this thread.

Do you have any Ikari Headcanons?
I headcanon that Paul is chubby and super self-conscious about it (hence why he covers his whole body) but Dawn likes that about him and likes to hug him because he's soft and warm :3
Also that Paul is a super health nut but has a sweet tooth, which Dawn often exploits

When you started to ship IkariShipping?
When D/P premiered. I loved Dawn's design in the games, so I tuned into the show and ended up loving Paul as a character as well because he's so dark. All I needed was them having one conversation and I was hooked. XD So many long nights looking at Ikari AMVs on Youtube...ahh, memories.

What do you think Paul and Dawn would get for each other for christmas?
Dawn would get him something edible, like a cupcake or chocolate, which he'd refuse profusely but totally eat later
He would get her a hair clip that ultimately NOT look good on her but she'd love it anyway

Innocentmercy

TRALALA! Reviving this thread!

If Paul decides to watch Dawn in her contests, how will he cheer?

Its funny because if Paul encourages her, it would be in his own way.

BubChan

Wonderwall
We won't let the Ikari power die! anyway, Dawn and Paul are gone for a lot of time right now, i still believe that they will return, I know both want to meet Ash again right? I would love too see a scene where Dawn starts to spy Paul's training for a battle, she would realize that he's strong, or even feel attracted to him, what do you think guys?

If Paul decides to watch Dawn in her contests, how will he cheer?
I think that Paul would secretly cheer for her, he's a bad boy that almost never shows his feelings, so i don't think he would scream "Go Dawn, you're the best", "You can do it Dawn!", those things that Ash always scream for his friends xD, if she wins, he would smile, if she lost, he would be serious.

Ikarishipping huh, I definitely like it. I don't full out support it, but I do enjoy the thought of these two in a relationship.
While it is possible that this two might attract because they are opposites I feel they have just enough in common to make it more than just an "opposites attract" argument. They both pursue their goal relentlessly and the both take no BS from anybody.

I definitely feel that Paul respected Dawn since the first gym when she almost kicked his butt got mad at him for forgetting her name. I also liked the episode before Ash and Paul's big match when Paul opened up to Dawn a bit, sort of.

All in all these by themselves are great, and could be even better together! :)

ej02

Australia Amourship
An interesting thought is that serebii said that red and yellow from the manga got together witjout us knowing so mabye the same for this rather interesting ship like ash meeting dawn and paul as a couple

Status
Not open for further replies.