• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ilima and Eevee Have Ilimade Their Entrance!! (1008)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Ilima and Eevee Have Ilimade Their Entrance!!

A former graduate of the Pokémon School, a well known trainer called Ilima, has returned to the School. Many legends are said of this mysterious trainer and Ash & co. decide to spend some time with him to see if the legends about him are true. However, before too long Team Skull show up to cause mischief. Will the group and Ilima be able to stop them?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
So Ilima and Ash are preparing to have a battle with Eevee and Pikachu.

AshSerena

It's confirm that Ilima participated in Kalos League bfore he return in Alola, too bad Ash is not around when They talking about it.
Also Kukui recommend him to participate too in Alola league if he will build it someday

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Meh, Ilima and Eevee only got to show their battling against Team Skull grunts who interrupted Ash vs Ilima. I would've taken Pikachu vs Eevee anyday, anytime over Eevee vs Team Skull grunts. And Extreme Evoboost......WTF??? It basically summoned all eeveelutions, which were actual Pokemon to the spot where Eevee was battling, and gave Eevee a power boost, and all the eeveelutions went away after the fight was over? I always expected afterimages of the eeveelutions to appear during the Z-move, from which Eevee would gain the power boost, but actual Pokemon arriving looked rather dumb.

Anyway, overall the episode was pretty underwhelming for a filler, basically an Ilima showoff, like how amazing he is, fans going gaga over him, blah blah blah. Overall, 5/10.

FrozTKnight

Will ORA ORA ORA you
So Ilima potential rival?

So far Ash has Gladion and of the mysterious Masked Royale

Also that poor skull Grunt, atleast he will have his big sis and bro Plumeria and GGuzma

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So it seemed like that the Trainer who battled Ilima with his Eevee looks like Kagetora the Eevee user from the games, who also handed out the Eevium Z to Ilima or to the player in the games. It was nice to see Eevee summon all the Eeveelutions during the Extreme Evoboost sequence and the backstory of one of the Team Skull grunts with Ilima was at least decent but right, Ilima managed to easily overwhelm the Team Skull grunts anyway. Although Ilima was preparing a battle with Ash, it was disappointing that he didn't get to battle Ash.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Anyway, overall the episode was pretty underwhelming for a filler, basically an Ilima showoff, like how amazing he is, fans going gaga over him, blah blah blah. Overall, 5/10.

My thoughts exactly.
How they handled the Eevee boost was just dumb. And I swear to freaking Arceus if they put Ilima in the League and not Kiawe.... they can feed Ilima to some new guy like Ryuki in the League and I wouldn't bat an eye. So long as Ash gets to actually face Gladion and Kiawe, and they don't get taken out by somebody else.

5 and it only gets that cause Skull came back

nickdt

Meh, Ilima and Eevee only got to show their battling against Team Skull grunts who interrupted Ash vs Ilima. I would've taken Pikachu vs Eevee anyday, anytime over Eevee vs Team Skull grunts. And Extreme Evoboost......WTF??? It basically summoned all eeveelutions, which were actual Pokemon to the spot where Eevee was battling, and gave Eevee a power boost, and all the eeveelutions went away after the fight was over? I always expected afterimages of the eeveelutions to appear during the Z-move, from which Eevee would gain the power boost, but actual Pokemon arriving looked rather dumb.

It was not a Filler, since Eevee showed off its Z-Move.

Its funny Illima was in the Kalos League. Probably destroyed by either Trevor or Tierno then.

togenaught18

My thoughts exactly.
How they handled the Eevee boost was just dumb. And I swear to freaking Arceus if they put Ilima in the League and not Kiawe.... they can feed Ilima to some new guy like Ryuki in the League and I wouldn't bat an eye. So long as Ash gets to actually face Gladion and Kiawe, and they don't get taken out by somebody else.

5 and it only gets that cause Skull came back

If he still only have 3 pokemon, i doubt a this point he will enter unless he will be top 16 or top 8 ( the last top to have 3vs3).
I liked the episode, despiste i didnt expect much in this episode ( probably the reason xD). The league reference and the moment with Ilima and The TS guy was funny and i was surprise how eevee z move is in the anime.

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
So did they completely missed the chance of referencing Pokémon XYZ or Ash coming second at the Kalos League? It doesn’t ruin the episode for, but I would’ve loved the callback.

Also, I honestly didn’t expect a backstory or character development for Tupp. Granted, it was just him jealous of Ilima getting all of the girls, but it was still nice to see, especially since you’d never expect something like this from a Team Skull grunt.

akshat216

Ilima-Ash getting interrupted, added to all the 'Ilima's so cool' vibes throughout this episode, makes me almost certain Ash will most likely face him for the first time in the league, probably in an early round. He'll be the underdog there and Ilima the stud, and he'll win and make a statement.
Will he have a Naganadel in the league though? If yes, I'm almost sure he'll atleast reach the semis this time. Plus we still don't know what Solgaleo will do after a possible Necrozma arc. If he ends up being trained by Ash after being consumed and released by Necrozma and learning the importance of being able to defend himself, he could very well pitch in.
Sorry about this, but I totally want him to wipe the floor with Ilima, I found him and all his worship plain irritating.

AssualtVestPyukumuku

Wow this was just....boring. This entire episode was "let's admire Ilima" Only part I liked was the training in the beginning. Extreme Evoboost was..interesting to say that the least. 4/10 imo

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
Wow this episode was just baaaad. Ilima annoyed me to no end with all his fangirls and everyone going 'omg it's Ilima, so cool'. And of course, Ash has to look like a ******* just to make Ilima stand out during diving.

Tupper's so called backstory was interesting, but I really don't see how it'll be significant in the future. And of course, as expected, he's there to only show off Exteme Evoboost. Also, wtf is up with the move that it calls all eeveelutions within the vicinity.

Not to mention, there were really too many unnecessary 'funny' faces overall in this episode which just ruined it all the more.

The only important part of this episode was learning that Ilima participated in the Kalos League, and that he might be a potential rival for the league. Speaking of the league, I hope Ash gets Ash Greninja back for the sole reason of sweeping Ilima 3-0 or 6-0.

Overall, I give this episode 3.5/10. It was boring, and I hated Ilima overall.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
Wow this episode was just baaaad. Ilima annoyed me to no end with all his fangirls and everyone going 'omg it's Ilima, so cool'. And of course, Ash has to look like a ******* just to make Ilima stand out during diving.

Tupper's so called backstory was interesting, but I really don't see how it'll be significant in the future. And of course, as expected, he's there to only show off Exteme Evoboost. Also, wtf is up with the move that it calls all eeveelutions within the vicinity.

Not to mention, there were really too many unnecessary 'funny' faces overall in this episode which just ruined it all the more.

The only important part of this episode was learning that Ilima participated in the Kalos League, and that he might be a potential rival for the league. Speaking of the league, I hope Ash gets Ash Greninja back for the sole reason of sweeping Ilima 3-0 or 6-0.

Overall, I give this episode 3.5/10. It was boring, and I hated Ilima overall.

I'm pretty much with you here and everything you said.

Honestly Ilima should have been gay, he didn't need fangirls or anything, that just ruined him and took up time meaninglessly.

I honestly just skipped the diving part, too boring. The whole first half of the episode was boring and even the TS battle at the end felt unnecessarily long.

And as everyone said, what the F was with extreme eeveeboost? Whoever chose to go this route should be let go lol the game does it WAY better and way more realistically. Good luck using that move on a deserted island.

I liked Ilima in the games for the most part, but this was boring boring boring. And I think they completely missed a gold moment to reference Ash in the kalos league..

Akkipeddi

All set to be a nice guy
It was not a Filler, since Eevee showed off its Z-Move.

In SM028, Snorlax showed of its Z Move, yet, that episode is considered a filler. So similarly, either this episode should be considered a filler as well, or SM028 is not a filler.

p96822

Evolve me please
Why are people with Eevee's so boring first Vigal now Illima. So in my opinion

Why do they have to menion to the Kalos region when Ash could have referenced it. But maybe Ash is being too modest and not wanting fans of his own. As for Tupp's Backstory, it was interesting to say the lest. But it was really shallow in my opinion. Also this episode is really boring and I rather have them do anything else.

2.5 out 10

Last edited: