• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ilima and Eevee Have Ilimade Their Entrance!! (1008)

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Okay episode but I am not a fan of Ilma right now.

It's cool to hear that he participated in the Kalos league. I hope that shot with all the Eeveelutions doesn't imply that he becomes another Virgile. Well at least he's aiming to win a league and not randomly joining to do so.

uber gon

Accept Change
So apparently getting a double buff is God Mode, now. Kind of want Rowlet to learn Swords Dance, now.

xEryChan

Demon Child
Is Illima supposed to be some sort of throwback to the OG rival, Gary Oak, or something? Sorry but there can only be one Gary and sorry Illima but it’s not you.

Jokes aside, I was not very impressed with this episode. I found it to be really underwhelming and very boring, if I’m being honest. The beginning was pretty much to introduce Illima and I found his character to be be very stale, if you know what I mean. He just seemed to be a Gary Stu to me.

Even though I predicted that Illima was going to be showing it off, I was not impressed with the animation for Eevee’s Z-Move. It was just really boring and lackluster.

This episode was just really lacking and I feel it could have been so much better. The only redeeming thing was the fact that my all time favorite Pokemon, which is Espeon, made an appearance.

6/10

Victorian Rush

Weather Manipulator
Fun fact: Illima’s Cheerleaders were voiced by ЯeaL, the band who sings the new opening. I didn’t even know about that until someone told me.

That aside, this episode was so underwhelming to me.

I did not like how Illima was portrayed, I found him to be very bland. His character was just lacking personality and I hate when characters are portrayed as these perfect kids with no personality. Also, the main Team Skull guys reasoning for not liking Illima was so stupid. Like come on.

Honestly, Not even the use of Eevee’s signature Z-Move could save this episode. It was not the best episode and I prefer last weeks by a long shot.

knightwolf09

Don't get what people disappointed about with Illima. He's pretty much how he was in the games, the perfect student. So why's his character a problem now?

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Don't get what people disappointed about with Illima. He's pretty much how he was in the games, the perfect student. So why's his character a problem now?

He's shown to be perfect with no flaws and everyone adores and worships the ground he walks on that a police officer is needed to quiet the chaos.

He's technically a successful Gary Oak with a likeable personality. Also, he makes Ash look dumber (which doesn't help how he's the butt of slapstick in this saga).

At least the games showed he isn't that perfect and you could defeat him. The player character is on equal footing when it comes down to fighting and assisting the guy.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Meh, at least Ilima wasn't a jerk like the rest of the worshiped characters. Him being a nice guy made up for the fan girl moments. The episode was alright to me. Nothing amazing but it wasn't terrible.

Also TS are butt monkeys in the game so them being pathetic in the anime shouldn't be shocking to anybody lol.

Zyar

Unknown Member
I might as well have fallen for Ilima too, his voice and expressions and hair are like candy. Yeah, he's not interesting as a character, but he's extremely nice and I don't expect him to show much development and he'll have another episode for himself next week. So I'm just going to enjoy how nice and sweet he is.

Bwahahaha I love it when they interrupt Ash's battles (be it Team Rocket or Team Skull or anyone) and I'm starting to realize I really like Team Skull. The moment they blasted off and Tupper's scream, they were great. When they showed up in the school, I was wondering if we'd ever see their mouths and then BAM! We get a Tupper's childhood flashback.

So Evee's Z-move is not actually an attack, but a boost in power. Huh...

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
I actually liked this episode. First off, Ilima should be in the Olympics with that perfect dive. Also can anybody tell me what caused Ash and Pikachu to fail their first dive? Also, nice to see Ash and Ilima bond over their decision to not evolve their Pokémon (Pikachu for Ash, and Eevee for Ilima). And this episode confirms that professor Kukui will be building the Alola league, but not now, so this episode is not filler. I actually like that they may be showing how a league is created, which adds to the lore of Pokémon.

The reason Ash and Pikachu fail on their first dive was because they touch each other before hitting the water.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
I also kind of liked this episode. Sure, Ilima's character isn't particularly realistic and he is flawless, but the episode also takes that to the extreme by making fun of that very fact with all the legends and stuff (like the Komala opening its eyes for Ilima legend) and actually acknowledging it instead of hiding it and pretending he's just another guy (like Ritchie from OS). As a side character who's maybe going to show up a few episodes now and then in the league I think it's fine. He shouldn't become part of the main cast though, the gag'd get old really fast.

That said, this episode did remind me that not actually showing Ilima at the league in XYZ was a missed opportunity. It'd have been great to have Ilima there and competing, maybe losing in an early round to Alain, but showing off a Z-Move in the process, just to hype up the next generation. They also did that with Blaziken in the Johto league.

As for the Extreme Evoboost, I kind of like it like this. Eevee summoning the actual evolutions instead of them magically appearing is fun, and it also keeps the option open for more evolutions for Eevee in the future.

Last edited:

AshxSatoshi

Ice Aurelia
I liked the episode. And correct me if I’m wrong but I’m pretty sure this episode put an Easter egg of Mallow’s Steenee evolving soon. Iliama wasn’t the problem of this episode. It was TS. I don’t remember his name (the blue haired guy) but he and TS was totally irrelevant to the overall episode and unneeded. The backstory was terrible and all I got from it was that the dudes of TS was jealous of Ilama because he’s more appealing to women. I feel like since they practically did the Aether arc without them they’re finding anyway to include Team Skull and I don’t like it. They’re a poor mans Team Rocket and unless Pulmeria or Guzma is showing up soon (not being silly and actually doing something) then I prefer them to stay gone off the show.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I also kind of liked this episode. Sure, Ilima's character isn't particularly realistic and he is flawless, but the episode also takes that to the extreme by making fun of that very fact with all the legends and stuff (like the Komala opening its eyes for Ilima legend) and actually acknowledging it instead of hiding it and pretending he's just another guy (like Ritchie from OS). As a side character who's maybe going to show up a few episodes now and then in the league I think it's fine. He shouldn't become part of the main cast though, the gag'd get old really fast.

That said, this episode did remind me that not actually showing Ilima at the league in XYZ was a missed opportunity. It'd have been great to have Ilima there and competing, maybe losing in an early round to Alain, but showing off a Z-Move in the process, just to hype up the next generation. They also did that with Blaziken in the Johto league.

As for the Extreme Evoboost, I kind of like it like this. Eevee summoning the actual evolutions instead of them magically appearing is fun, and it also keeps the option open for more evolutions for Eevee in the future.

that's what I was thinking too, but instead of the pokemon actually running to aid it, all the eeveelutions should have just shot some power from them to eevee instead of running however far to eevee.

Lucario At Service

Calm Trainer
I'm apparently in the minority here, but I didn't really mind how Extreme Evoboost was portrayed. Yeah, it would have been much, much cooler if Eevee had summoned mirages of its evolved forms, but having the actual evolved forms gather to lend Eevee their energy was a little more realistic, and maybe that's why the writers went with that.

The problem with that animation style of 'Extreme Evoboost' is that technically it would be the longest one to take affect.

I mean, what if someone is on a tiny island in the middle of the sea and having a battle, and then the trainer uses 'Extreme Evoboost' on his Eevee, but none of the Eeveelutions are nearby (with the closest one being atleast 1 km away). How long would it take for the Eevee to get the boost?

At least the games showed he isn't that perfect and you could defeat him.

Not to mention, in the USUM games, Ilima is shown to be an airhead type (not sure if its the right word to use) of person as well, considering that Hypno case.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Given the way the Kalos League was handled, I would've been happy if Ilima was one of the various background characters who were competing & then show through one of the flashback montages that he lost to someone like Remo or Astrid (ex- Ilima's Smeargle losing to either Mega Absol or Mega Garchomp).

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
>Ilima in the Kalos League

lmao was he destroyed in the qualifiers or what.

he could've been there at some other time, we don't know the XYZ->SM gap

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Haha you just said exactly what I was thinking. After learning that Ilima participated in the Kalos League, it even annoyed me more that everyone including the fangirls were going gaga over Ilima, especially when the Kalos League finalist was present there himself.

I just hope now Ash-Greninja comes back and unleashes the wrath of the Orange Shuriken(which was a failure back then) upon Ilima's Pokemon in the League and sweeps him six to zip. :p

[IMG300]https://imgur.com/RN6daxM.gif[/IMG300]

until further notice, I'll consider the ultra shuriken a healing move like heal pulse, because seriously, charizard looked better off AFTER HE WAS HIT WITH THE SHURIKEN

andrewscott48209

he could've been there at some other time, we don't know the XYZ->SM gap

I know it wasn't in the same league either. I checked the first episode in the Kalos league and the board showing the competitors did not even show Ilima's face so they couldn't even have met during that league. I also believe that there was no discernable gap between XY and Sun and moon to the point that there would be a league after the one Ash participated in.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I know it wasn't in the same league either. I checked the first episode in the Kalos league and the board showing the competitors did not even show Ilima's face so they couldn't even have met during that league. I also believe that there was no discernable gap between XY and Sun and moon to the point that there would be a league after the one Ash participated in.

maybe it was before