• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Ilima and Eevee Have Ilimade Their Entrance!! (1008)

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
until further notice, I'll consider the ultra shuriken a healing move like heal pulse, because seriously, charizard looked better off AFTER HE WAS HIT WITH THE SHURIKEN

Eh Mega Charizard X still stumbled and was about to fall down for a second if you notice correctly(it was shown form a distance but it's still clear if you watch carefully), so not quite. And a crazily OP monster like Mega Charizard X isn't comparable whatsoever to Ilima's ****ing Eevee. :p

I know it wasn't in the same league either. I checked the first episode in the Kalos league and the board showing the competitors did not even show Ilima's face so they couldn't even have met during that league. I also believe that there was no discernable gap between XY and Sun and moon to the point that there would be a league after the one Ash participated in.

*Sigh*

At the time the writers wrote the Kalos League episodes they in all probability didn't even know that there would be a character named Ilima ever in the future. So that's the reason. It's gets really tricky if you want to make sense checking the Kalos League participant board.

I'm pretty sure that they were referring to the same Kalos League Ash participated in, considering there wasn't much of a time gap between Ash return from the Kalos journey and then going to Alola.

And if you really want to get technical, this is the only clear screenshot of the participants we got in XY&Z32:

L8E1wy0.png

Very hard to infer anything from this. And notice that the face of one participant in the screenboard is blocked by a person's head, and thus we can't see that one participant's face in the screen. Maybe that one participant could've been Ilima.

Last edited:

andrewscott48209

Eh Mega Charizard X still stumbled and was about to fall down for a second if you notice correctly(it was shown form a distance but it's still clear if you watch carefully), so not quite. And a crazily OP monster like Mega Charizard X isn't comparable whatsoever to Ilima's ****ing Eevee. :p

*Sigh*

At the time the writers wrote the Kalos League episodes they in all probability didn't even know that there would be a character named Ilima ever in the future. So that's the reason. It's gets really tricky if you want to make sense checking the Kalos League participant board.

I'm pretty sure that they were referring to the same Kalos League Ash participated in, considering there wasn't much of a time gap between Ash return from the Kalos journey and then going to Alola.

And if you really want to get technical, this is the only clear screenshot of the participants we got in XY&Z32:

[IMG139]https://imgur.com/L8E1wy0.png[/IMG139]

Very hard to infer anything from this. And notice that the face of one participant in the screenboard is blocked by a person's head, and thus we can't see that one participant's face in the screen. Maybe that one participant could've been Ilima.

The board you showed had already been shuffled. They also showed the board before it got shuffled. And there's only a slim chance that a character's picture would be at the same position it would be once it gets shuffled.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
The board you showed had already been shuffled. They also showed the board before it got shuffled. And there's only a slim chance that a character's picture would be at the same position it would be once it gets shuffled.

True but never once we got to see one participant's face at the bottom due to that person's head blocking the view. So it can't be said with confirmation that Ilima's face wasn't in the screenboard.

And some one of the faces we saw in the screen could've also been Ilima's, we never know. We hardly get to clearly see most of the faces, Ilima might have looked a lot different in the XY art style, just like how Ash looked a lot different in the XY art style.

D

Deleted member 384931

Maybe he will say in the next ep that he will return to Kalos and Ash will mention it?

Leonhart

Imagineer
So as expected, Ilima was given free rein in this episode, and even his Eievui seemed to receive more focus than the SM cast did. While I wanted to see how Satoshi would do against Ilima, I could tolerate their lack of a battle since we saw the Skull-dan show up again, which I was very happy about.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
*Sigh*

At the time the writers wrote the Kalos League episodes they in all probability didn't even know that there would be a character named Ilima ever in the future.

False.

The writers are told everything that's going to happen in the main games ahead of time months in advance. The animators are not superhumans who can animate an episode right before its release day.

Ilima participated in the Kalos League, or rather specifically, a Kalos League. Not the one Ash participated or else he would have said something to him. Or better yet, even mention the Legend of Korra plot Team Flare pulled.

Last edited:

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!

maybe it's just the lighting or something, but the second participant on the bottom left matchup looks a tad like ilima

DatsRight

Only just got to see the Pokeproblem stinger with the Alolan Raichu from the pancake cafe returning. That was a nice touch.

NPT

Just a member
Ugh, what a terrible episode. I already hate this oh-so-perfect stu named Ilima. And don't even get me started on everyone (especially ASH) going all gaga over him.

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ugh, what a terrible episode. I already hate this oh-so-perfect stu named Ilima. And don't even get me started on everyone (especially ASH) going all gaga over him.

One of my main issues with Ilima's fanfare here was that Satoshi seemed so enthralled by Ilima's hype, even though Satoshi himself probably has many more achievements than him. The episode tried very hard to make Ilima seem better than he was in the games.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
The debut of Ilima! I didn't even know he would appear in the anime.

LOL all the girls think Ilima is hot

OMG! Professor Kukui is going to make the Alola League!

TEAM SKULL

Who's Kiawe going to dive with? Both his Pokémon are Fire

LOL he's still doing this nonsense useless BUZZWOLE pose

Ilima could be an Olympic diver

This Eevee is OP

That was a pretty incredible episode. One of my favorites in recent memory

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
Team Skull is more pathetic than Team Rocket

I actually really enjoyed them in this episode.

but actual Pokemon arriving looked rather dumb.

I actually thought it looked incredible!

Honestly Ilima should have been gay

He might be. He didn't show signs of being attracted back to the girls.

In SM028, Snorlax showed of its Z Move, yet, that episode is considered a filler. So similarly, either this episode should be considered a filler as well, or SM028 is not a filler.

Ilima debuted in this episode, making it not a filler.

I like Marowak being timid of the high dive

I think Marowak was just scared of the water in general, since it didn't come in even later, when it was just standing on the shore, which makes sense since it's Fire lol

I know she came in after Sophocles

When was this confirmed because I actually didn't know this.

DatsRight

I actually really enjoyed them in this episode.

This episode does show how better the villains in the series work if they actually have a chemistry with the heroes. I'll give credit to Ilima for having that in his first episode when the twerps have failed in multiple.

When was this confirmed because I actually didn't know this.

In Sophocles' 'moving fake out' episode, Lillie mentioned that Sophocles was the first to talk to Lillie when she moved to the school.

Ryu Taylor

Unwavering beliefs. Richter Taylor is my name now.
I'm hearing a bit of Clemont (Michael Liscio Jr.) in Ilima's voice.

Interesting to see a nobody like Tupp be given something of a backstory. Though really, there are better ways to deal with "losing his glory days." Popularity isn't everything. Ah, but there's no point telling that to one with a huge ego. Anyway, it was funny seeing said ego be humiliated once again, and good to see Eevee's true power.

You know, just once, I'd like to see a Fire-type swim. Just because Water-type attacks are super effective, that doesn't mean water itself is acid to Fire-types (or any other type weak to water).

OMG, that adorable theme Serena's Eevee had back in XY returned in this episode and became the theme for Ilima's Eevee! And when notes of it made into the Evoboost music, instant win!. Ed Goldfarb truly is a Pokemon anime music genius. I'll say that as much as I must.

This was a very enjoyable one for sure.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Geez. Ilima sounds like a less fabulous James.

Having 5 fans hardly makes anyone popular, girls.

Ash, stop fumbling around Ilima. You're making him look grand.

Seriously, Sophocles? You didn't know there was a diving area at school? It's literally on the back of your classroom!

My head canon is Ilima really is scum and has been using Eevee's Baby-Doll Eyes to control girls.

Are those other Eevee owners the least worried their Pokemon just ran off? Should have shown a scene of them all leaving instead of just disappearing off-screen.

Vipsoccermaster

Heh. Enjoy watching this episode. I like Eevee and its Eeveelutions, so it was nice to see Ilima use Extreme Evoboost to power up Eevee with the help of all Eeveelutions. The beginning was fine, but a bit entertaining, for the class to take diving sessions.

Team Skull. I liked the flashback on the backstory, but Tupp, people are going to like Eevee a lot more than a smelly Grimer. That's your problem.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
Team Skull. I liked the flashback on the backstory, but Tupp, people are going to like Eevee a lot more than a smelly Grimer. That's your problem.
He probably wouldn’t have understood that was the case. Maybe he didn’t care that much about Eevee but he loved Grimer more because he felt more close to it and therefore he didn’t understand why people liked Eevee more.

Leonhart

Imagineer
In hindsight, this might've been a good chance to debut Guzma since we had the Skull-dan present already, plus Ilima's status as a captain could've been used to make Guzma jealous given his failure in the island challenge.

LilligantLewis

Bonnie stan
In hindsight, this might've been a good chance to debut Guzma since we had the Skull-dan present already, plus Ilima's status as a captain could've been used to make Guzma jealous given his failure in the island challenge.
I don't think that would have worked since they don't even call Ilima (or anybody) a trial captain in the anime.

Pikachu52

A bit of a meh episode with not much to make it interesting - Nice to see all the Eeveelutions in one place though.

Then there's this - Team Skull's motivation to attack Ilima was literally "girls like you better than me."

Did the inspiration for this episode come from a reddit forum?