1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Ill-Will Hunting! (513)

Discussion in 'Pokémon - Diamond & Pearl' started by Serebii, Aug 30, 2007.

1. Serebii

Serebii And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared... Staff Member Admin

Hunter J Again! Protect Shieldon!

On the way to the next town, Ash & Co. come across some Shieldon, the rare fossil Pokémon. However, nearby, the Pokémon Hunter, J, has arrived and intends to get these Shieldon. Ash is eager to try and stop this and in doing so is in pursuit of Hunter J. During this pursuit, out of nowhere comes Gary & his Electivire...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

2. uber gon

uber gon Accept Change

Did Electivire undergo the "Aipom and Roselia- wrong size" gag?

3. Korobooshi Kojiro

Korobooshi Kojiro Funnnngaaaaa

Beedrill! They've been on hiatus for a while, but they know how to make an entrace.

And I see Gary got to see Muku.BIRD with his own eyes, eh?

4. uber gon

uber gon Accept Change

Staravia didn't do that much, though.

5. Alfonso

Alfonso Derpgull

It was a lie.

6. Geodude

Geodude Well-Known Member

So typical of this site that the first question asked about a great episode where two important characters return is whether Ash caught something. -_-

Last edited: Aug 30, 2007
  7. uber gon

uber gon Accept Change

Well Ash hasn't caught any pokémon, whereas Brock and Dawn have caught SOMETHING.

Anyway, has HYDRO CANNON been used in this episode?

8. Flamez

Flamez Elite 4 Champion

^ That's because they gave Ash 4 pokemon well before the first gym. There is no hurry to give him his fifth. Ash got Torkoal (his 5th pokemon in hoenn) after the fourth gym and Ash has yet to battle the third gym leader so... Besides the writers should use this time to develop on the pokemon he has, Turtwig has been doing good and so has Aipom. Mukubird will get its development also.

Anyways, saw the episode. I really liked it but this is one of those episodes that I wished I knew Japanese for. I really would've liked to understand the conversations between Ash and Gary, J and that old guy.

Still the episode was awesome, first time we saw Mukubird use "stealth" flying. lol
    It makes that look awesome too, the bird is freakin amazing.

I like how Drapion and Salamence were shown to be such powerhouses.

It was great to see Umbreon, its my favorite out of all the other evolutions eevee has.

Also for anyone who has seen this episode and understands japanese what did Hikari say at the end when Gary and the others left?

9. Aaron_fan

Aaron_fan Well-Known Member

I really liked this episode, but it seemed to be...bluntly wrapped up in the end, if that makes any sense. This is the kind of episode that would have been better had it been a two-parter.

10. Mythic Mist

Mythic Mist Indecent Exposure

I just want to know what the heck they were saying...This is one of those episodes you need to know the dialog to actually know what's happening.

Though I think Dawn made a Pokemon poem in the end and freaked that she could do it like professor Oak. I dunno.

11. Kazuki Mirai

Kazuki Mirai Well-Known Member

Lots of action in this episode.

Hydro Cannon effect was extremely... meh.

Whoo. The hunters once again show that they're not pushovers and what's this? A boss? The guy in the shadows reminds me of Blaine from the games not that I'm saying it's Blaine, I'm just saying that their character designs look similar.

Umbreon knows Shadow Ball... How many Pokemon knows Shadow Ball for crying out loud?

12. Venusaur Master

Venusaur Master ProtoPrimeX

the episode looks good, it was great to see blastoise and electivire again, I wasnt sure if blastoise was using hydro cannon

13. Hyourinmaru

Hyourinmaru Moose with the Pen

Since I've totally not been keeping up with Pokemon news, I totally choked to see Shigeru. Literally.

AWESOME EP. Much needed returns and sdhskjfk J is sexy :D

14. ChaosMage

ChaosMage Izit cuz I is black?

So J has now had two appearances while Team Galactic, at least confirmed to exist, haven't done a thing? Interesting...

This looks like a good'un, with some long awaited returns and a few questions about Gary answered (Yes, people, he is in this region!). Shame neither J nor Gary had a new pokemon, though.

15. MechaBulba

MechaBulba King of the Monsters

This ep looks gd! Nice to see that Golbat again! Aswell as all Js and Garys pokemon (apart from Dodrio)

Shame no one captured one of them Dinosaurs! Thats two decent ground types in a row that both fit and liked Ash. That he has ignored!

OH WELL!
    was the truck still moving when Ash sent out Mukubird? As if so their could have been another classic bash to the heda gag for Mukubird on the axel!

16. Treecko Girl

Treecko Girl Sweet V

I agree with you.
    I'm so glad that Gary's come back! I don't think this is the last we'll see of him!

17. Who else here thinks that the Shieldons sounded like Hippopotases?

18. cassius335

cassius335 Aura Trainer

Note both times Pikachu tried to fight against a Hunter Pokemon, it got it's little backside kicked. I'm not sure whether that's in the Hunters favour or whether the writers just can't make up their minds about Pika's power level

19. AshfanGirl20

AshfanGirl20 Banned

I saw the images and it looks like a pure gold episode.
    Can any one give me a transcript between J/Ash/Gary?

20. 133tSneasel

133tSneasel Well-Known Member

Well they are babies and ground types, so maybe the used the same voice actors.

I don't think so it was right before the truck took off.

Every dark type uses Shadow Ball from what I can see. I think they use Ghost as a dark attack, because each pokemon needs some projectile type of attack. (Flamethrower, Hydro Pump, Razor Leaf, Thunderbolt, Blizzard, etc...) There are no Dark type moves except Shadow Claw, and Umbreon doesn't have claws. PLus Gray's Umbreon also knows Quick Attack, and if I remember correctly, it's fast too.

Yes, a few times. Big heads all the way.