• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Illusion Confusion! (123)

JudySpell

Banned
The 2 old ladies were entertaining and so was Hoothoot when it attacked Ash. I was happy to see Gary appear too even if it was just a minor scene. 7/10

My favorite scene was when Hoothoot attacked Ash's head. Nagatha and Hagatha were funny and I thought that one of them was Agatha from R/B/Y.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I liked the idea of needing a Hoothoot to navigate through the cursed forest and it was interesting to see Hoothoot use Foresight. It was funny seeing all those Ash illusions and Pikachu getting overwhelmed and shocking them all lol.

Leonhart

Imagineer
The fact that Shigeru told Satoshi about travelers needing a Hoho to pass through the forest was oddly kind of him, and I liked how Kasumi was spoiling Hoho because it made Satoshi angry. The Ghost Pokemon's illusions were frightening, although I liked when the Rocket-dan saw the Kairyu illusion and chased it.

Alloutℯ

Banned
This was a really trippy episode in a good way. Hagatha and Nagatha managed to be entertaining COTDs. The scene with the bug Pokemon creeping around Misty, the Dragonite illusion, the many Ash copies, the will-o-wisp it was all entertaining.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
The scene with the bug Pokemon creeping around Misty, the Dragonite illusion, the many Ash copies, the will-o-wisp it was all entertaining.

I cackled when TR thought that the Dragonite was real lol. Like, why would one randomly show up in the woods?

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ash should’ve followed Gary out of the woods.

That would've been the normal thing to do, although given Satoshi's mindset when it came to Shigeru, he probably didn't want to follow his path. Satoshi's own ego might've blinded him to reason, so he chose to use Hoho instead even though that ended up being the hardest way to exit the woods.

Daizy

I call you honey
When I saw Hoothoot liking Misty, I was so pumped up thinking she'd catch it lol. I wonder how come Hoothoot disliked Ash.

Vipsoccermaster

Hilarious episode. Hoothoot pecking on Ash's hat and wanting to be with Misty more than the others...heh. It was nice to see Gary, if only for a moment. Team Rocket were funny, following a Dragonite? They didn't know it was an illusion. Oh, and the beach illusion scene was humorous. Hagatha and Nagatha may be funny, but they're very serious, especially when they take up the screen, scaring Ash, Misty, and Brock.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Looking back, I now sort of pity how the Rocket-dan trio ended up stuck in the woods in the end trapped in an illusion. They managed to leave eventually, but it still seemed tragic to see them fall victim to the Ghost-types.

Daizy

I call you honey
Ash was kinda unreasonably mad in this episode just because Gary made a small cameo. Gary wasn't even that rude this time but it was the main reason why Ash went into the woods with an unreliable Hoothoot.

Was I the only person who wanted Ash to catch the Hoothoot? I know it had an owner but she could've let Ash have the Hoothoot so it could've become his flying type. I just thought that they were so cute together. Seeing Gary appear was a treat even though he left after only saying a few words. I liked it when Team Rocket saw the illusion of Dragonite and chased after it.

Hoothoot being able to see Ghost Pokemon didn't seem possible to me until I realized that it was using Foresight to expose the Ghost types and make them visible. I liked that Hoothoot had an attitude and that it didn't like Ash just girls. It was fun seeing Ash and his friends go through the woods and get tricked by illusions and my favorite scene was when Gary appeared because for a second there I thought he was also an illusion and not the real deal. 9/10