• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I'M A DRAGON, HEAR ME RAWR! A Dragon Monotype RMT

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
Alright, this is my planned Dragon Monotype, but the thing is, Salamence and Garchomp are already done. Me and a friend decided to try a monotype thing like a Gym leader, so I chose Dragon and he chose Ghost. There are no legendaries, so he can't use Giratina, and I can't use Latios/Latias, Rayquaza, Palkia, Dialga, or Giratina, but he doesn't care about Garchomp. Anyway here is it;

Team Overview
149.png
230.png
330.png
334.png
373.png
445.png

Dragonite @ Life Orb/Leftovers
Jolly @ Inner Focus
-Outrage/Dragon Claw
-Waterfall
-Earthquake/Aerial Ace
-Dragon Dance

Kingdra @ Wet Rock
Modest @ Swift Swim
-Surf
-Dragon Pulse
-Ice Beam
-Rain Dance

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Naughty @ Levitate
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Fire Blast

Altaria @ Choice Specs
Modest/Jolly @ Natural Cure
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Ice Beam
-Rest

Salamence @ Life Orb
Adamant @ Intimidate
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Crunch
-Dragon Dance

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly @ Sand Veil
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Swords Dance

The reason I am not EV training is because he doesn't know how and I want it to be as fair as possible.

thachugubug

king of kanto.
thats cool. ive thought about doing that kind of thing before. nice job!

Meh, I've never liked Mono-Dragon. But since you're fighting a mono ghost you should be fine.

However, I think the synergy of this Team is highly arguable. To break it down for you;

You have multiple Pokemon setting up, yet nothing that can make it easy for these Pokes to do so; no Sub passing, no Paralysis, nothing.

Kingdra really is standing out bad here. It seems worthless to run RD when you could run DD instead and change Mence to a special / mixed set.

Nothing in your Team is really adding support. It looked like you threw 6 dragons and 6 random standard movesets together and called it a Team.

So here's something I just kind of cooked up real quick;

Salamence @ Life Orb
Rash
~ Draco Meteor
~ Earthquake
~ Fire Blast / Flamethrower
~ Roost

Dragonite @ Leftovers
Careful
~ Thunder Wave
~ Heal Bell
~ Roost
~ Dragon Claw

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Naughty
~ Outrage
~ Earthquake
~ Crunch
~ Fire Blast

Garchomp @ Life Orb
Jolly
-Outrage
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge
-Swords Dance

Altaria @ Choice Specs
Modest/Timid
-Dragon Pulse
-Flamethrower
-Ice Beam
-Rest

Kingdra @ Leftovers / Life Orb / Lum Berry
Adamant
~ Dragon Dance
~ Outrage
~ Waterfall
~ Surf / Draco Meteor (for high defense opponents)

Alright, now, the changes I made may seem minor. However, here's how it works;

MixMence was chosen as a lead for a simple reason; leading mences are expected to be DD, so he would bring in a high Defensive poke to counter you, but you simply DM that and get an early lead.

Dragonite was changed to add support; Ghosts are notorious for burning you, therefore it would be helpful to have a Heal Beller. Twave opens up a chance for your Set Up Sweepers to come in and pull off a few DDs/SDs and then begin sweeping.

Flygon, Altaria, and Garchomp remain unchanged.

Kingdra is now a Mixed Attacker who can serve well as a self sufficient Wall Breaker. After they bring in something with high Defense to wall you, you use DM or Surf to damage these guys and make your Outrage sweep that much easier.

The Team may seem highly physical, but your mixed sweepers make it easier to get rid of Walls and open up sweeping.

Feel free to disregard this post completely if you don't want to change it too much, but I thought I would throw this out there.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero
I see what you mean, but the thing is, this kid is a noob. He wouldn't see Salamence and think, "I'd better switch in a bulky ghost to counter it", he'll be thinking," crap, I have to take this thing down quick before I get swept". He doesn't bother with status either, so I don't really plan on using Heal Bell Dragonite.

I see what you mean, but the thing is, this kid is a noob. He wouldn't see Salamence and think, "I'd better switch in a bulky ghost to counter it", he'll be thinking," crap, I have to take this thing down quick before I get swept". He doesn't bother with status either, so I don't really plan on using Heal Bell Dragonite.

Great, I made a tl;dr post for nothing. :|

Teaches me to try to rate in depth. Whatever. Team's fine then.

Last edited:

D.S. Delano

Dark Ghost Collector
Alright, this is my planned Dragon Monotype, but the thing is, Salamence and Garchomp are already done. Me and a friend decided to try a monotype thing like a Gym leader, so I chose Dragon and he chose Ghost. There are no legendaries, so he can't use Giratina, and I can't use Latios/Latias, Rayquaza, Palkia, Dialga, or Giratina, but he doesn't care about Garchomp. Anyway here is it;

gannondarf read the bold lettering

for dragon types outside is legendaries is limited

Gannondorf

Dragon Trainer
Try Branching out. 5 (yes, 5) of you're pokemon are super-weak to ice. Try

Kingdra (Weak to Dragon)

Dragonite (Weak to Dragon, Ice x2, rock)

Dialga (weak to Ice, earth, fighting)

Latios (weak to Dark, ghost, Dragon, Ice)

Garchomp(weak to Ice x2, Dragon)

This way, only 2 are weak to ice, but they are still different types : )

Unless you dont want to use legendaries, which then you would disregard this. : (

Edit- !@@#$@@#$%^&*%%^&^

Pokedragonman

A Császár
you just threw 6 of your favorite dragons in there, in this team there is no support

add moves like toxic,sandstorm,and dragon dance into the mix and see what happens
add moves like that to kingdra expessially
basiclly what Tyrant said

Last edited:
you just threw 6 of your favorite dragons in there, in this team there is no support

ECHOECHOECHO

add moves like toxic,sandstorm,and dragon dance into the mix and see what happens
add moves like that to kingdra expessially

foxyman1167 said:

Caps

Last edited:

TubaPlaya

Porygon Enthusiast
Sometimes when i set up a monotype thing like dragon, its not really dragon . i add twoo dragon like pokemon that know AT LEAST two dragon type moves like Aerodactyl, Charizard, or Gyarados(Lance Reference) example:
Charizard
Flame Thrower
Fly
Dragon Claw
Dragon Pulse

Gyarados
Dragon Dance
Dragon Pulse
Aqua Tail
Ice Fang

this is okay because Lance did it and he monotyped dragons!!!

this is okay because Lance did it and he monotyped dragons!!!

Except it isn't because R/B/G/Y only had one Dragon line. I really don't see how you could make such a blind mistake. :/

Both your sets are horrible anyway.

Charizard @ Choice Specs
Timid
~ Flamethrower
~ Air Slash
~ Focus Blast
~ Dragon Pulse

Gyarados @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Adamant
~ Waterfall
~ Dragon Dance
~ Stone Edge
~ Earthquake

TubaPlaya

Porygon Enthusiast
i was talking about G/S/C

D.S. Delano

Dark Ghost Collector
i was talking about G/S/C

if you are going off lance from G/S/C you might as well try (the moveset is just me trying my luck seeing how i have not use aerodacytal since R/B/Y)
aerodacytal
nature:Jolly/Admant
-Stone edge
-Iron Head/EQ
-Dragon Claw
-stealth rock/sub

if you are going off lance from G/S/C you might as well try (the moveset is just me trying my luck seeing how i have not use aerodacytal since R/B/Y)
aerodacytal
nature:Jolly/Admant
-Stone edge
-Iron Head/EQ
-Dragon Claw
-stealth rock/sub

Do the words 'Dragon MONOtype' mean anything to you people?

TubaPlaya

Porygon Enthusiast
Yeah but except for kingdra they get owned by ice WAY too easily

D.S. Delano

Dark Ghost Collector
Do the words 'Dragon MONOtype' mean anything to you people?

yes it does because i did the same thing on peral with these except same pokes(these are the only 6 non-legendary dragons their are)

Yeah but except for kingdra they get owned by ice WAY too easily
thats only if kingdra is weak other than that not really. and almost every pokemon on this team except kingdra has x4 weakness to Ice.

D.S. Delano

Dark Ghost Collector
You say this yet you suggest Aerodactyl.

LOLOGIC.

XD look who i was quoting though(but its still lologic and i don't mind that xD)
i can't really help on movesets because i'm still new to using support moves(as i just play ingame and use only attack moves)