• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

i'm a n00b so this team prob sux

crystalclare

soulsilver<3
Hey, this is my first competitive battle team! It's probably going to be considered really bad, so please don't be too harsh :(

260_swampert_1_m.png
@ leftovers
Torrent
Relaxed
252 HP/118 Def/126 Sp.D/12 Atk
- Stealth rock
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Roar

Lead. Comes in, sets up stealth rock, then if able to, earthquakes or waterfalls. If not, roars away to scout the opponents team. For the EVs, I obviously gave it HP and Defenses, and then some attack for when it uses waterfall or EQ.

409_rampardos_1_m.png
@ choice band
Mold Breaker
Adamant
252 Atk/128 HP/128 Spe
- Stone edge
- Earthquake
- Zen headbutt
- Brickbreak

Physical attacker. Had brickbreak over anything else because my team has a rock weakness, and this would be super-effective. I wasn't completely sure on the EVs though, so I need suggestions.

357_tropius_1_m.png
@ choice specs
Chlorophyll
Modest
252 Sp.A/252 Spe/4 HP
- Leaf storm
- Energy ball
- Air slash
- HP Fire/silver wind

Special attacker. EVs also pretty obvious. HP fire is an obvious choice, but silver wind could also be usable, opinions?

324_torkoal_1_m.png
@leftovers
White Smoke
Relaxed
252 Def/252 HP/4 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion
- Will o’ Wisp
- Lava plume

Physical wall. Rapid spin to blow away rocks/spikes. Will o' wisp to stop physical attacker. Lava plume over overheat because there isn't a special attack drop. Explosion to go out with a BANG if something comes in I can't take.

471_glaceon_1_m.png
@ leftovers
Snow Cloak
Calm
214 HP/112 Def/132 Sp.D/50 Sp.A
- Ice beam
- Shadow ball
- Wish
- Toxic

Special wall, and could also be just a general wall. EVs help it will all defenses and give it some Special attack so it can hit pretty hard. Wish for support, toxic to poison opponents.

373_salamence_1_m.png
@ life orb
Intimidate
Rash/Mild
84 Atk/216 Sp.A/208 Spe
- Fire blast
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor/Outrage
- Roost

Pretty much a come in and kill. Set practically right from smogon because I'm unoriginal hah. I'm not completely sure of what this last poke should be, help?

Please don't be too harsh, this is the first time I made. None of the pokes have been bred yet, so I can make any changes. Thanks!

All pictures from Marriland.

cutter kirby

Hey, this is my first competitive battle team! It's probably going to be considered really bad, so please don't be too harsh :(

260_swampert_1_m.png
@ leftovers
Torrent
Relaxed
- Stealth rock
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Roar

Lead. Comes in, sets up stealth rock, then if able to, earthquakes or waterfalls. If not, roars away to scout the opponents team. For the EVs, I obviously gave it HP and Defenses, and then some attack for when it uses waterfall or EQ.

pretty standard lead...

409_rampardos_1_m.png
@ choice band
Mold Breaker
Adamant
252 Atk/128 HP/128 Spe
- Stone edge
- Earthquake
- Zen headbutt
- Brickbreak

Physical attacker. Had brickbreak over anything else because my team has a rock weakness, and this would be super-effective. I wasn't completely sure on the EVs though, so I need suggestions.

this thing is sooo slow and is koed by bullet punch scizor and almost any attack thats super effective(which is alot of attacks) replace with t tar or head smash rock polish aggron

BTW, earthquake hits rock types so it beats brick break

357_tropius_1_m.png
@ choice specs
Chlorophyll
Modest
252 Sp.A/252 Spe/4 HP
- Leaf storm
- Energy ball
- Air slash
- HP Fire/silver wind

Special attacker. EVs also pretty obvious. HP fire is an obvious choice, but silver wind could also be usable, opinions?

there are tons of grass special sweepers that outclass this, sweeping shaymin could use the same attacks but is 100 times better but you could use scarf roserade in place of this too, hp fire is the better choice and if you go with shaymin, use LO.

you could also use togekiss

324_torkoal_1_m.png
@leftovers
White Smoke
Relaxed
252 Def/252 HP/4 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion
- Will o’ Wisp
- Lava plume

Physical wall. Rapid spin to blow away rocks/spikes. Will o' wisp to stop physical attacker. Lava plume over overheat because there isn't a special attack drop. Explosion to go out with a BANG if something comes in I can't take.

horrible, rocks kill you and this is just not a good physical wall, switch for skarm or if you want to keep rapid spin, forretress

471_glaceon_1_m.png
@ leftovers
Snow Cloak
Calm
- Ice beam
- Shadow ball
- Wish
- Toxic

Special wall, and could also be just a general wall. EVs help it will all defenses and give it some Special attack so it can hit pretty hard. Wish for support, toxic to poison opponents.

If you want a special wall use blissey if youre not original

373_salamence_1_m.png
@ life orb
Intimidate
Rash/Mild
84 Atk/216 Sp.A/208 Spe
- Fire blast
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor/Outrage
- Roost

Pretty much a come in and kill. Set practically right from smogon because I'm unoriginal hah. I'm not completely sure of what this last poke should be, help?

good and standard

Please don't be too harsh, this is the first time I made. None of the pokes have been bred yet, so I can make any changes. Thanks!

Pretty good first team, I didn't post sets cause Im lazy. use smogon for those.

kabzy

Grass Trainer
Thats not too bad at all, especially for a first time. What I do is a sub sword dance with ninjask, plus the speed boost with its ability, then baton pass to a salamence, then have the quickest sweeper in the game. You can easily take down dialga with one hit. But thats just one of the tactics I use. You might wanna use it in a future team :)

fschulze47

Mighty Marvo
Not bad for a first try by all means. You have some problems with pokemon selection, it seems you have a close idea of competitive pokemon, but not so much the metagame, and that's ok, it takes time to learn what's threatening. I'll go through step by step.

260_swampert_1_m.png
@ leftovers
Torrent
Relaxed
- Stealth rock
- Earthquake
- Waterfall
- Roar

Great lead, really puts a stop to the other common ones. Just be careful of Roserade, it is OU now.

409_rampardos_1_m.png
@ choice band
Mold Breaker
Adamant
252 Atk/128 HP/128 Spe
- Stone edge
- Earthquake
- Zen headbutt
- Brickbreak

Hmm...again with what CKirby said, this thing is KOd by bullet punch and many other attacks, its defenses are pretty poor. You could go with a CBSwine in this spot:
Mamoswine@Choice Band
Adamant 6 HP/252 Atk/ 252 Speed
~Ice Shard
~Stone Edge
~Superpower
~Earthquake

Gives you great coverage and wrecks Salamence, a pokemon you have trouble with.

357_tropius_1_m.png
@ choice specs
Chlorophyll
Modest
252 Sp.A/252 Spe/4 HP
- Leaf storm
- Energy ball
- Air slash
- HP Fire/silver wind

Many other OU special attackers can do this job better, Starmie, Latias, and Gengar to name a few.

324_torkoal_1_m.png
@leftovers
White Smoke
Relaxed
252 Def/252 HP/4 Atk
- Rapid Spin
- Explosion
- Will o’ Wisp
- Lava plume

Stealth Rock limits this thing's usability, but I suppose it could work, you need a good answer to Scizor anyway, just use with care, Earthquake is carried by almost all OU physical attackers bar Scizor and Lucario (which, mind you, this thing handles quite well).

471_glaceon_1_m.png
@ leftovers
Snow Cloak
Calm
- Ice beam
- Shadow ball
- Wish
- Toxic

Replace with Blissey. Ice is a horrible defensive type, there are plenty of great Blissey sets.

373_salamence_1_m.png
@ life orb
Intimidate
Rash/Mild
84 Atk/216 Sp.A/208 Spe
- Fire blast
- Earthquake
- Draco Meteor/Outrage
- Roost

Hmmm...I think DD Mence would like to be on this team much more, and he's also much more threatening. Try this:
Salamence@Life Orb
Naive 228 Atk/ 24 Sp. Atk/ 252 Spe
~Dragon Dance
~Outrage
~Earthquake
~Fire Blast
With the proper support (which this team gives) this thing can be one of the most powerful threats in OU.

Good first attempt, sir.

shadow and jolteon

Ghetto Team Rater.
this team doesn't suck:) it would be a good team for competitive battling:) like i have said before pokemon isn't about having really strong pokemon it's about favourites aswell:) but i think you should probabley change torkoil for an infernape possibly. but if you want to keep him then thats ok too. it's a pretty good team for your first try.

GoldChocobo

Gotta Love AmbushCat
Ok, I'll do a quick run down, for Swamp go with Surf over Waterfall, as it is stronger, and is the standard, and the best EV spread for Roar is 236 HP/216 Def/56 SpDef. Provides great bulkiness, and hels with attacks form the special spectrum. Now, I would now recommend that you use Protect over Roar, as IMO, and as an avid Swampert user, without direct recovery such as Recover or Roost it is pointless, and Protect helps you against many other leads such as Explode leads, and helps put Swamp into the late game, the EV spread for that would be 236 HP/216 Def/56 SpA. Now to replace Rampardos you have any options. Mamoswine could work, but it still leaves you weak to Scizor, you could go just with a choice band Metagross:
Metagross@Choice band
Adamant
252 HP/232 Atk/12 Def/8 Spe
-Meteor Mash
-Earthquake
-Explosion
-Thunderpunch/Bullet Punch
This thing hits like a beast, while the set is self explanitory.

For your special sweeper Raikou/Jolteon would work well, but for a replacement for Torkoal, Starmie would be a great option:
Starmie@Leftovers
Timid
Natural Cure
136 HP/156 Def/216 Spe
-Rapid Spin
-Thunderbolt
-Grass Knot
-Recover
Great set. Has beautiful coverage, and gets rid of spikes and SR easy. Lastly for Glaceon, just simply put in Blissey, with 40 HP/252 Def/216 SpDef. With a Calm nature, and the moveset
-Wish
-Protect
-Seismic Toss
-Toxic
Great special defender, while S-Toss cannot be resisted, and always deals a whopping 100 damage. And just switch Mence's EVs to the standard 232 Atk/24 SpA/252 Spe, with a Naive nature, and Outrage over D-Meteor, along with Dragin Dance over Roost.

Hope this helps, good luck.