• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I'm Back! Nice to See You, Alola! (1126)

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
was about what I anticipated, the one that surprises me though is, I thought for sure Goh would be abit more interested in Melmetal (to the point where he might have asked Ash to trade it to him), but he wasn't.

I only have 2 questions.

1. what is the baby's name? cute kid regardless

2. did they specify where exactly Lillie and Gladion are right now or leave it ambiguous? either way I am glad they appeared, hopefully when it comes time to find their father Ash and Goh meet up with them to help.

pancakemonster

Alola...home...
I know we're all pretty much expecting these characters to come back again sometime, but something else I just thought of to cement it further is that even after making a big deal out of them meeting again, there was no farewell scene at all, just a cut back to the lab. Surely there would have been some sort of brief goodbye scene with everyone if there weren't any plans for them to meet again.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
this is a very biased statement to point that being an opinion isn't enough of an excuse, the episode in question being clearly rushed shuts down your second sentence already, off the top of my head I can see some episodes easily competing to be the best journeys episode so far (ep 32,34,25 and even the previous ep ).

I mean everyone has bias for their fav things, thats why an opinion is formed in the first place. What do you even mean by saying my opinion isnt enough of an excuse? I mean I praised ep32,34,25 and 36 when they came out and thoroughly enjoyed them, but i enjoyed this episode more. This may be rushed for you, i thought the pacing was fine, the ending scenes were a bit abrupt but they didnt need much focus in an already packed episode. SM is my fav series so seeing all these characters again and seeing that the themes of SM were maintained in this episode was amazing for me, seeing all the SM pokemon again was a treat. Also i really like Goh and this was such a good episode that perfectly showcased why hes so likable, the way he was awkward around ash's new friends in the beginning but stood up to prove himself to Kiawe and how he considers Ash a friend and not a rival, and him bonding with kiawe at the end for me was such a treat, Seeing lillie and her search for mohn being continued finally confirming that it will be followed up in journeys, all the cute moments with kukui burnet and the baby. I mean i can go on and on for why this is my fav ep for journeys so far and no episode imo comes close even tho i liked a lot of other episodes, and im not the only one, many others also think this is the best ep of journeys so far, you dont. Stop projecting your own opinion and trying to make mine less valid because it doesnt match your viewpoint, its annoying.

I am now changing my most anticipated activity of the day from watching the Alola episode, to watching the Alola episode subbed.

I'm just so happy guys

I feel you, im in the same mood too. I cant wait for subs and future alola episodes. Today just made me really happy and satisfied

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
was about what I anticipated, the one that surprises me though is, I thought for sure Goh would be abit more interested in Melmetal (to the point where he might have asked Ash to trade it to him), but he wasn't.

I only have 2 questions.

1. what is the baby's name? cute kid regardless

2. did they specify where exactly Lillie and Gladion are right now or leave it ambiguous? either way I am glad they appeared, hopefully when it comes time to find their father Ash and Goh meet up with them to help.
The baby's name is Rei.

nuzamaki90

I gotta admit it was nice seeing everyone and the Pokémon, including TR’s who got a small cameo, but that’s the most of it. Too much focus on Go, not enough focus on Ash reuniting with his friends and Pokemon. I hate that they teased a battle between Ash and Kiawe only for the real battle to be Go and Kiawe which didn’t really amount to anything but Kiawe’s respect.

I guess this was good for the first Alola episode but man I wish they would’ve balanced it a bit better lol we didn’t even hear “Champion” or “PWC” at all. I also wish the setup was a little different, like a school reunion instead of it being because Go randomly evolved his Exeggutor.

My main gripe is that Ash really didn’t do anything this episode besides reunite and catch up with everyone else while no one caught up with him.

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Pretty Ok episode but nothing much. Baby was cute,Ash's Pokemon interracting with Go/Ash are fun.TR's Pokemon which made a cameo were cute.I liked how Go stood up to Kiawe(Kiawe felt like an as*hole to Go?)I am glad they didn't put those cringey meme/Jojo faces in it.I liked Lillie scene.
But I disliked how battle was boring/underwhelming and it finished with Z move.Did Kiawe really need to use that against Raboot? I am pretty sure Turtonator could have defeated Raboot without Z move.
I kinda thought that Tapu Koko saved Go and not Marowak tbh.

wellwellwells

I remember back when everyone was having meltdowns over the artstyle change and the Pokemon school premise. I'm really glad so many people gave it a chance and wound up loving it.

It is still the season that caused the big ratings drop after recovering a quite a bit during XY.

OT: The episode was meh, it had nice moments like meeting the baby and the Alola team, but it was too focused on Goh for a region that’s been so important to Ash.