• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I'm Back! Nice to See You, Alola! (1126)

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
@CMButch Why the hell do you care so much about this person? Are you secretly in love?

Just butter some bagels or something else instead
He's my younger brother and he has been behaving loosely, lately.

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
I said before this episode aired that there was basically no possible way I would not like it. And, indeed, that was an absolute joy.

I will say, though, that this episode very much felt like it just exists to re-introduce the Alola cast for potential newcomers, and that if this somehow ends up being all we get of them in this series, that would probably result in me liking the episode a lot less in the long term. It seems to me that they wanted to re-establish them to maybe do more with them later. Especially since they took the time to remind us of the still-unresolved Mohn plot.

The Sun & Moon music was a nice touch. Really helped make this feel like it was a Sun & Moon episode. Which, given that it was apparently written by the head writer for Sun & Moon, makes sense.

It is Rei or Lei?
Could be either. Could also be Ray, for that matter. I feel like Lei makes the most sense though, since that is an actual Hawaiian name... But yeah, for now it's very much debatable how that kid's name should be rendered.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
This was literally a self-insert fic with how the others treated Goh lmao

Ash's Pokemon hardly got any screen time at all, which could be forgiven if they actually went home with him. Incineroar and Melmetal deserve better
Team Rocket the best part of SM was completely absent cause apparently it's a crime to show them bonding with Pokemon, let's just keep using them as plot devices and nothing else! Hopefully there's actual reasoning for it cause the Kiawe fight could easily have gotten scrapped to give us some Bewear focus, like perhaps they're holding off because them seeing Mareanie and Mimikyu again will turn them off from the Gacha machine? Though I honestly hope the Gacha machine blows up or gets damaged beyond repair instead of simply getting tossed aside, that would certainly help out a lot of us TRio fans seeing one of the worst things that happened to the characters getting blown up!

And Eevee still being an Eevee is just insulting. I dare you to say "Ash/Goh isn't going to get an Eevee" with a straight face, it's inevitable. Eevee is going to be on the cast yet again in one way or the other, why not evolve Lana's and let Vaporeon get a much needed role?

This was a bigger mess than the first part of the original Brock/Misty two parter, but at least that one was enjoyable.

1/10 Bring Ash's Pokemon to where they belong.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
The biggest surprise to me was that it seems like Ash already knew about the baby since he wasn't shocked or had a big reaction to seeing it. I’m just glad to see that he’s actually keeping in touch with his Alolan family as opposed to how he makes close friends in each series and never seems to stay in touch with them afterwards.

Anyway, for a single episode, this was so fun and enjoyable. The returns & cameos were great and I actually liked how Goh’s battle with Kiawe turned out since it was more of a way for Kiawe to figure out Goh’s character than it was to figure out who would beat who. The only two things I wish we got were a scene where Ash’s Alolan team tries to group hug his Journeys team, and Ash talking to either Kukui & Burnet or his friends about how he’s been struggling after his loss to Bea. Aside from that, this was great! The music reuses were a nice callback to SM too, though I have the feeling someone’s going to write off this episode as garbage just because they hate Miyazaki’s scores -_-

If they ever go back to Alola, I’m hoping they’ll make it an Ultra Guardians episode since it was a major element for part of SM & it would give Goh can the chance to catch an Ultra Beast (even if he doesn't end up keeping it in Cerise Park).

Last edited:

Durrendal

All I want is an episode with no Go or atleast minimal amount of him.

But we get... this instead. How bad a character needs to be for writers to have to get everyone to clap for his "goal".

Shilling Go so hard that is becoming really really annoying. I've even deleted PoGo off my phone. Couldn't bear to watch past few weeks of episodes because of Go shoving.

Alola had such a nice place in my heart. I liked the art, expressions, pretty much everything. Now it's tainted. Good thing I don't actually plan to see the episode and see warm Alola soiled by... that gangrenous creature.

I'll just watch XY or something till Ash catches something new or his Pokémons evolve.

UltimateNinja

Praying for the holy relics
Better than expected but it was still mediocre. I am glad they didn't spend that much time on the whole Mohn search because for me it's to late and unnecessary to spend time on that.

Having these episodes here and there is fine but I am still more excited about the Bea rematch.

JennaJayfeather

Gangrenous Creature
Good thing I don't actually plan to see the episode and see warm Alola soiled by... that gangrenous creature.
Oh my god...'gangrenous creature' I...i'm claiming that for my title

Anyway this episode is super cute! My favorite moments so far are when Rotomdex gets upset at the Rotomphone, and best boy Goh standing up for himself. "I'm not Satoshi's rival, I'm his research fellow...and friend!" ;-;

ShadowForce720

**** off with that troll ****.
They belong with Ash, not Worst Professor and some brat that shouldn't exist cause Ash is forever 10 -_-

Just because they are staying with Kukui doesn’t mean that they aren’t Ash’s Pokémon.

So they aren’t staying at Oak’s Lab, not sure why that matters when they can still likely be called upon regardless.

lemoncatpower

Cynical Optimist
I really enjoyed this episode. As up and down as SM was, I did enjoy the series and it's always so nice to see everyone back, couldn't really stop smiling for most of the episode. It unfortunately seemed to be held back by time restraints, but lots of fun. Ash and the baby was adorable, Kaki and Go's little battle was fun, all the pokemon had cute interactions, including the rotoms. Also we've basically got a nice confirmation of what everyone is still doing over there and how it's a nice peaceful way of life still. I do hope that we get to see some more returning Alola characters in the future, but maybe one at a time to make it more fun and COTD-like, but with familiar faces.

Also anyone else be like OMG with Gladion's and Lillie's ADORABLE outfits?