• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I'm Back! Nice to See You, Alola! (1126)

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
Almost forgot: I would've liked if Ash's current Pokemon met Alola Pokemon to see little bit of interaction. Really waited for this moment.

Hanto

Water Addiction
Too bad that Rabifoot and Go didn't become roasted :/ After all this Fighting Mode Go build up in the Flygone episode it seems like a missed opportunity to make that sociopath kid more likeable. And where the hell gone Rabifoot's love to battles after it's evolution episode? Resolved after some crappy breakdance fight in Hoenn?
Still hoped for more Pikachu x Mimikyo interaction, they didn't even
notice each other after all that bloody rivalry. Got no mention of Lana's Manaphy mission.
Other stuff is pretty good. 7/10. Better than any PJ episodes so far even if it looks like a clipshow. Nice continuity

Nikita Dracovish

THE NUMBERS, MASON!
The baby's name is Rei.

Get in the Pokeball, Shinji.

All I want is an episode with no Go or atleast minimal amount of him.

But we get... this instead. How bad a character needs to be for writers to have to get everyone to clap for his "goal".

Shilling Go so hard that is becoming really really annoying. I've even deleted PoGo off my phone. Couldn't bear to watch past few weeks of episodes because of Go shoving.

Alola had such a nice place in my heart. I liked the art, expressions, pretty much everything. Now it's tainted. Good thing I don't actually plan to see the episode and see warm Alola soiled by... that gangrenous creature.

I'll just watch XY or something till Ash catches something new or his Pokémons evolve.

are you ****ing serious

Z4ITA5K.jpg

Last edited:

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
The whole episode basically felt like a casual trip to Alola, and it made me feel like they'll be going to Alola in the future again.

As for the episode overall, I'm slightly disappointed Goh didn't actually battle Kiawe, but at the same time there was no way he was going to win with Kiawe using the OP Z-moves.

What I did really like was Goh feeling kinda awkward and uncomfortable around Ash's friends. He's never met these people before, and now he's surrounded by a bunch of people who are friends with Ash, and it's probably overwhelming for Goh considering his history with friends. I thought it was a really nice touch, and I would probably feel similar if I was just surrounded by a bunch of people I didn't really know. It felt very realistic.

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Episode tried to feel like an Ash episode, but it was almost strictly a Goh episode. Oh well.

I guess Alola is too far from the mainland to have PWC participants...but who can blame them? Region is devoid of actual trainers outside the wrestling ring.
For a one part episode this was the most perfect alola episode, although i agree the korrina ep and this ep should have been 2 parts but oh well, hopefully s2 of journeys will have more 2 parters and arcs now that the slot is friday
This makes no sense. Nothing in this episode makes it related with the previous episode. They're too different to be counted as a 2-parter.
Both Go and Ash failed to catch a Grubbin, what a fickle Pokemon

oh and the first Alola episode without any type of slapstick or over the top reaction faces
I couldn't take this episode seriously even if Ash's face wasn't screwed up by a running car anymore. It all felt weird.

Last edited:

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I gotta say I relate to Gou SO MUCH in this episode.
I'm VERY shy and nervous around new people.

Sobble and Raboot are too apparently! XD

Also seeing Bewear, Stufful, Mareanie and Mimikyu's little cameo was nice lol

I wish Ash's Alola Team were more present in the Episode but I'm at least glad to see them lol

Seeing Lillie and Gladion (we didn't see Lusamine) made up for it tho lol

Speaking of which, LILLIIIIIIEEEEE!!!!

LILLIE I MISSED YOU!!! <333

This episode makes it INCREDIBLY obvious that we WILL indeed see Lillie again.

Maybe Ash and Gou could help her find Mohn

So Kukui and Burnet's Baby is named Rei huh? That's a lovely night but I'm always going to have Neon Genesis Evangelion flashbacks whenever I hear it lol

Also was anybody else actually surprised Sobble didn't cry when Incineroar, Rowlet, Lycanroc, and Melmetal started hugging! Or when Primarina, Tsareena, Togemaru, Eevee, and Vikavolt started ganging up on Sobble and Raboot (in a friendly way of course lol)

Lycanroc was even affectionately biting Sobble's head lmao! XD

This combined with the last 2 Episodes has made me wonder if even the writers have realized that the crying gimmick has worn thin?

Seeing Mallow holding Sobble was a pleasant sight. <3

Also the Kiawe vs Gou "battle" didn't really need to exist all imo. Pokefan really tried to hype us up for this???

All in all 9/10 Almost perfect Episode but the Gou vs Kiawe fake out dampers it a little.

Still so far my favorite Episode of Journeys :p

Red and Blue

It was ok. Gladion and Lillie getting a cameo gives me hope Ash and Go will help out in saving Mohn. I'm already looking forward to the next Alolan trip

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
What?????

That doesn't even make sense. How does an episode feel like an Ash episode? lmao
The episode was structured in the way that Ash was catching up with his Alolan companions.

However, the main meat of progression was all about Goh by way of having him capture Pokemon (as usual) and Kiawe suddenly focusing on him as a test (never mind the fact we could have had a proper Ash VS. Kiawe battle and see Ash reuse Z-Moves, but nope). It didn't help that Ash's champion/winner status for the region or the fact he's participating in the PWC wasn't brought up at all. Ash didn't even have a short and clunky PWC in Alola, meaning there was no progression for him. Unless this harmless meeting with Ash's Alolan team (now downgraded to babysitters apparently) means something for future episodes in regards to Ash, this felt like a very self-contained episode for Ash, but not for Goh, who actually got some (cheap) development and Pokemon.

Kazuniya

read/watch dungeon meshi
The episode was structured in the way that Ash was catching up with his Alolan companions.
Eh, the premise of this episode was set up as:

Satoshi and Go have come to Melemele Island in the Alola region to get an "Alola Form" Nassy!

Ash didn't go to Alola to catch up with his companions (which isn't even necessary since the episode implies he speaks with them off-screen), he went there to help Goh with catching an Alolan Exeggutor. Ash meeting up with his friends was merely a secondary plot to what was obviously going to be a Goh-centered episode, since all the summaries spoke about Goh and his fight with Kiawe.

Literally no summary told us "this is going be an Ash episode", quite the opposite in fact. So I find that your criticism makes little sense to me.

If the promotional material built this up as Ash and Alola companions focus episode, I could understand that your complaint. But it never did. According to the promotional material, this episode was always going to have some larger Goh focus. Therefore I find your remark very unfair.

I'm really happy to see the Alola Gang again even if it hasn't been a long time. Loved seeing that Burnet and Kukui had their child, really enjoyed seeing that interaction between Rei and Ash! Also I know some people hated the Rotom-Dex in the SM series, but I for one actually liked the character and loved his reaction to being "replaced" by the Rotom phone. It was also nice to find out that Ash presumably still keeps in touch with the Alolan Gang off screen. I like to think that he also does the same with his previous companions, but we'll see in the future if/once people like Dawn, Iris, etc. make their appearances.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
And where the hell gone Rabifoot's love to battles after it's evolution episode? Resolved after some crappy breakdance fight in Hoenn?

Still not sure where the myth of Raboot's battle-lust originated.

Is Raboot interested in Ash's battles? Sure, but so is Goh and I don't see people asking about Goh's "Love for battles".

Half the time it is Raboot running after something or pointing it out for Goh to capture, and Raboot shows none of Riolu's initiative for training and battle.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
Called it: Mallow and Sophocles didn't do squat!
I think pretty much everyone saw that coming, but Mallow and Sophocles did get a little bit of focus when everyone was having that group lunch.

I also loved this moment. It wasn't the pokemon interaction I wanted but it was still enjoyable. It was also funny seeing Farfetch'd looking so uncomfortable with Togedemaru staring at him
UmU6kCbj_o.png

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Almost forgot: I would've liked if Ash's current Pokemon met Alola Pokemon to see little bit of interaction. Really waited for this moment.

I mean they did, it just wasn't formal. They all ate together though lol.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
This makes no sense. Nothing in this episode makes it related with the previous episode. They're too different to be counted as a 2-parter.

You might wanna read what I said once again. I meant that ideally the Korrina episode should have been a 2 parter and that this episode should have been a 2 parter, I didn't mean that this episode is connected to the Korrina episode