• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I'm Back! Nice to See You, Alola! (1126)

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
I personally want a Rotom Phone vs. Rotomdex episode now. I did not expect this interaction, but it worked out so well.

Lillie and Gladion not actually being present in Alola with the gang was sad, but I doubt anyone actually expected them to be present since they're hunting for Mohn.

How long has it been in universe? The timeline slides, but still, Lillie, Gladion, and Lusamine must have been gone for a while.

Rei is the baby's name and Ash is "oni-chan." Just don't let this baby near any mechs or boiling water.

The internal pacing was very fast. It's been a problem with Journeys as a whole, but it is most noticeable here when you have an episode with so many returning characters.

All the characters clapping at Gou for announcing his goal is a nice middle finger for anyone who thinks it's somehow immoral and needs to change or something

If the goal was so immoral in the first place, then a show made for little kids would have made it so over the top evil that it would be obvious. I never understood their line of reasoning. Even if the goal was somehow evil, then Ash would have been fully complicit in it, thus making him evil.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Annoyed at the lack of a league win mention, but I'm glad my fears for the episode lacking much focus didn't come true,as in the end it all came back to be about Goh.

game3524

If the goal was so immoral in the first place, then a show made for little kids would have made it so over the top evil that it would be obvious. I never understood their line of reasoning. Even if the goal was somehow evil, then Ash would have been fully complicit in it, thus making him evil.

Some fans were just projecting their own feelings about Go’s goal onto the narrative.

The notion that they were ever going to portray Go’s goal in a negative light was silly. Pokémon Go is a big part of the current success of the company in recent years. They aren’t going crap on those fans by telling them catching every Pokémon is immoral.

Last edited:

RLC

I mean everyone has bias for their fav things, thats why an opinion is formed in the first place. What do you even mean by saying my opinion isnt enough of an excuse? I mean I praised ep32,34,25 and 36 when they came out and thoroughly enjoyed them, but i enjoyed this episode more. This may be rushed for you, i thought the pacing was fine, the ending scenes were a bit abrupt but they didnt need much focus in an already packed episode. SM is my fav series so seeing all these characters again and seeing that the themes of SM were maintained in this episode was amazing for me, seeing all the SM pokemon again was a treat. Also i really like Goh and this was such a good episode that perfectly showcased why hes so likable, the way he was awkward around ash's new friends in the beginning but stood up to prove himself to Kiawe and how he considers Ash a friend and not a rival, and him bonding with kiawe at the end for me was such a treat, Seeing lillie and her search for mohn being continued finally confirming that it will be followed up in journeys, all the cute moments with kukui burnet and the baby. I mean i can go on and on for why this is my fav ep for journeys so far and no episode imo comes close even tho i liked a lot of other episodes, and im not the only one, many others also think this is the best ep of journeys so far, you dont. Stop projecting your own opinion and trying to make mine less valid because it doesnt match your viewpoint, its annoying.
trying?how is your"Easily the best episode of Journeys so far, no contest" valid it doesn't even reads like your stating an opinion in the first place, furthermore do you know what's truly annoying? you giving this episode undeserving praise just cause it's alola, that's ridiculous. this episode is truly great but we've seen episodes that match it's quality so how can it be"Easily the best episode of Journeys so far, no contest" you even took it a step further to say it's perfectly executed like do you even hear yourself?(you even pointed out flaws of the ep in the quote I'm replying to even if you did sugar coat it a bit that's already enough to invalidate it from being perfect, I literally need to do nothing you did it yourself already). whatever it was my fault being nosy I guess so think what you want

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
trying?how is your"Easily the best episode of Journeys so far, no contest" valid it doesn't even reads like your stating an opinion in the first place, furthermore do you know what's truly annoying? you giving this episode undeserving praise just cause it's alola, that's ridiculous. this episode is truly great but we've seen episodes that match it's quality so how can it be"Easily the best episode of Journeys so far, no contest" you even took it a step further to say it's perfectly executed like do you even hear yourself?(you even pointed out flaws of the ep in the quote I'm replying to even if you did sugar coat it a bit that's already enough to invalidate it from being perfect, I literally need to do nothing you did it yourself already). whatever it was my fault being nosy I guess so think what you want
Yeah, he's talking about people talking about facts while he literally says " this episode is best, no context" like it's a fact. Nice catch.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Anyone else half-expecting Kiawe to yell "Recipro Burst" and Go to yell "Detroit Smash" during their battle? Just me? Ok.

Rohanator

Bruh his original post literally says "imo", and even if it didn't, he's not allowed to think something is perfect because for you it's flawed? What is wrong with you lol, it's not that deep let a man be happy about a silly cartoon.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer

I think its pretty freaking obvious that when i say easily the best episode of journeys so far, no contest, im talking about my perspective. Nowhere did I imply its a fact, having a favorite ep is always an opinion that varies from person to person, like seriously what? "undeserving" praise is purely your perspective, i believe the praise i give it is well deserved. Yes it being alola helps in me liking it more than other episodes, i love alola, whats your problem in that? It was the perfect alola return episode imo. Yea there are other episodes that match its quality but i liked this more than the others, i have no doubt bout that. Yes it has flaws, so does every episode, but considering it was a one part ep only, in that sense i believe it was perfect enough. Obviously i would have preferred more episodes in alola but considering what we had, i think they executed it perfectly. Stop projecting your opinions onto others by telling me i shouldnt think it was executed perfectly or that this shouldnt be my fav ep of Journeys so far.

Yeah, he's talking about people talking about facts while he literally says " this episode is best, no context" like it's a fact. Nice catch.

"like its a fact", jesus, what a freaking reach. Nowhere do i put my perspective as an indisputable fact, you really have poor reading comprehensibility :rolleyes:

CMButch

"like its a fact", jesus, what a freaking reach. Nowhere do i put my perspective as an indisputable fact, you really have poor reading comprehensibility :rolleyes:
You didn't. But it's obvious you implied it as a fact especially with no contest. Yet you're calling people out for using "facts" as they please, while you're doing pretty much same( not just here but in other threads). That's pretty hypocritical of you. I guess we're not very much different.But hey, at least I am not using "facts" when it comes to episodes and series liking.You're using them pretty much there and on vs threads.
BTW that emoji clearly screams you're guilty as charged. ;).
Just change your name to SerHypocriteJust :D

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
You didn't. But it's obvious you implied it as a fact especially with no contest. Yet you're calling people out for using "facts" as they please, while you're doing pretty much same( not just here but in other threads). That's pretty hypocritical of you. I guess we're not very much different.But hey, at least I am not using "facts" when it comes to episodes and series liking.You're using them pretty much there and on vs threads.
BTW that emoji clearly screams you're guilty as charged. ;).
Just change your name to SerHypocriteJust :D

I literally said imo in that message, which means In My OPINION if you dont know
Obvious that i implied it as a fact? Poor reading comprehensibility once again
And nope i dont use facts as i please, especially when it comes to favourites coz its freaking obvious favourites differ based on a person and their interests
How do u get that from an emoji? You literally make no sense

CMButch

I literally said imo in that message, which means In My OPINION if you dont know
Obvious that i implied it as a fact? Poor reading comprehensibility once again
And nope i dont use facts as i please, especially when it comes to favourites coz its freaking obvious favourites differ based on a person and their interests
How do u get that from an emoji? You literally make no sense
Yes, you do use facts when it comes to this. Anyone who writes something negative about PJ or SM and it's been ton of stuff you respond and say negative stuff about that like what you say is a fact and what they say is false. I can dig up some stuff and send it to your DM for proof( because this is off-topic).

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Fight could have been more than a single move after the buildup.

Goh only caught what was shown in the PV. Next time I guess.

Goh's pokemon are as uncomfortable as he is. Sobble warming up to Mallow was a surprise. He also didn't cry in the whole episode somehow (only battle cries from now on?).

Poor Raboot, socked by Pyukumuku, falls off a cliff, nearly drowns, then enters a firepower contest with a z-move. Just wasn't his day I guess.

Fun callbacks and cameos (including Ash's current team :p).

Weird Magicarp shot at the end. At first I thought it was Goh's mystery Magicarp, but looking again it is likely the giant one.

Is mini-carp the only one of Goh's pokemon that has not made a re-appearance after its capture? (Even off-screen white Flabebe has appeared)

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Yes, you do use facts when it comes to this. Anyone who writes something negative about PJ or SM and it's been ton of stuff you respond and say negative stuff about that like what you say is a fact and what they say is false. I can dig up some stuff and send it to your DM for proof( because this is off-topic).
People say negative stuff about a series i like, i may respond to them with my differing opinion or why i disagree, doesnt mean im claiming it is a fact that PJ or SM is better than any other series, get a grip