• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I'm Broken Hearted & Must Rant

Status
Not open for further replies.

mkn

Pokémon Master
I'm sorry but I just had to get it out of my system somewhere and this just seemed like the best place for it.

I play Pokémon for over 20 years, since gen 1. I was 7 years old, I’m 29 now.
My love for Pokémon has been blind and Pokémon was getting better and better!

When gen 7 came out, I wasn’t happy we weren’t getting any new megas but it wasn’t such a big deal.
What bothered me more than anything was the underwhelming gimmick of Z moves but I sucked it up because it was extra and I still had everything I loved.

Nowadays, with the virtual console versions, we’re able to play through each gen and unite all our Pokémon together in gen 7. This has always been the amazing allure of the Pokémon games.

I was so hyped for gen 8. It seemed like the perfect Pokémon game.
The game that I dreamed of as a child. But then the disappointments just kept on coming.

The Dynamax mechanic seemed even more underwhelming than Z moves but I was like
“yeah whatever, maybe we’ll get new megas now and even if we don’t then that’s fine.
We get plenty of new Pokémon and way better graphics so that’s still a step up”.

Later we were told that megas aren’t coming back.
I can’t even describe how much it saddened me but I could get over it and move on
but when they announced the limited Pokedex thing - I was so mad!

They took away the one thing I cared about the most!!
I feel like Pokémon is going into the worst direction ever.
For the first time in my life I’m just not excited for Pokémon anymore and truly just think to quit.
How can GameFreak be so ungrateful to their fans and the franchise that made them what they are today???
The worst thing is that they don't even seem to care!
They still post on instagram like nothing happened and not even relating to the fans outrage!

I’ve never in my life have been so upset with GameFreak and I know I’m not the only one.
It scares me because with all the fans losing their interest, I think this might end Pokémon for good.
Even if I quit Pokémon, it would be nice to know that it is still a thing. But now I’m not sure it will be.

Let me hear your thoughts.

greninjamaster

It scares me because with all the fans losing their interest, I think this might end Pokémon for good.

tumblr_nm402kJiwI1r8sc3ro1_540.gif

mkn

Pokémon Master

I understand you find it funny but you can't ignore how disappointing Dynamax and the lack of Pokemon are being.
I mean, LOL the whole community is outraging

DANdotW

Previously Iota
With my experience with the games, which, like you, has been since the UK release of Red/Blue, I've never been one for transferring Pokémon. Sure, I've used older Pokémon during the game if they're available to catch, but I've always gone along with what's in the game. As a non-competitive player, I'm fully aware that each generation is planned to be a continuation of the vast world, while still being a standalone game, with the intention of it being its own story with its own Pokémon that fit the world.

I have no qualms with them not allowing us to transfer all of our old Pokémon to the games. I've never used Bank and I probably won't use Home. I'm sure pretty soon we'll be able to use Home to battle at VGC, so having your living Pokédex on Home won't be a problem, since we can still send all Pokémon there.

There's no way not letting me use irrelevant, or even popular, Pokémon in a new game is going to stop me from buying it (pre-ordered it anyway), playing it (already have the week booked off work anyway, so it worked out well), and enjoying it (like I've enjoyed all main-line Pokémon games before).

This is finally their chance to force us to use new Pokémon, or some under loved older Pokémon in new ways, and I'm all here for it. They've tailored the Pokémon in the Galar Pokédex to fit with the lore/aesthetics of this world, and that's their privilege and prerogative. I have no problem with it, as I'm a fan of Pokémon as a whole, not simply a fan of the team I used way back when.

Having said that, I am a little sad I won't be able to see some of the Mega's, but most of them could have done with being real evolutions anyway, soo.... XD

Divine Retribution

Conquistador de pan
I understand you find it funny but you can't ignore how disappointing Dynamax and the lack of Pokemon are being.
I mean, LOL the whole community is outraging

The whole community is still going to buy the games. If you think this will be "the end of Pokemon", you're kidding nobody but yourself. This ship is too big for one mistake to sink it.

The whole community is still going to buy the games. If you think this will be "the end of Pokemon", you're kidding nobody but yourself. This ship is too big for one mistake to sink it.

To add to this, a large part of Pokemon's success is because they have all kinds of media. It's not just a video game series; it also has cards, movies (including live action), an anime series, comics, etc.

mkn

Pokémon Master
With my experience with the games, which, like you, has been since the UK release of Red/Blue, I've never been one for transferring Pokémon. Sure, I've used older Pokémon during the game if they're available to catch, but I've always gone along with what's in the game. As a non-competitive player, I'm fully aware that each generation is planned to be a continuation of the vast world, while still being a standalone game, with the intention of it being its own story with its own Pokémon that fit the world.

I have no qualms with them not allowing us to transfer all of our old Pokémon to the games. I've never used Bank and I probably won't use Home. I'm sure pretty soon we'll be able to use Home to battle at VGC, so having your living Pokédex on Home won't be a problem, since we can still send all Pokémon there.

There's no way not letting me use irrelevant, or even popular, Pokémon in a new game is going to stop me from buying it (pre-ordered it anyway), playing it (already have the week booked off work anyway, so it worked out well), and enjoying it (like I've enjoyed all main-line Pokémon games before).

This is finally their chance to force us to use new Pokémon, or some under loved older Pokémon in new ways, and I'm all here for it. They've tailored the Pokémon in the Galar Pokédex to fit with the lore/aesthetics of this world, and that's their privilege and prerogative. I have no problem with it, as I'm a fan of Pokémon as a whole, not simply a fan of the team I used way back when.

Having said that, I am a little sad I won't be able to see some of the Mega's, but most of them could have done with being real evolutions anyway, soo.... XD

I'm a none competitive player, too.
But collecting all the Pokemon has always been my thing and I loved transferring the Pokemon that I previously caught to the new games so I don't have to catch those that I already did in older games.
I guess it's all up to Pokemon Home now and what it has to offer.

You seriously needed your own special thread for this? plz get over yourself
This is probably one of the most entitled things I've heard in a long time. They gave you 20 years of spectacular entertainment and somehow you still feel like they owe you something?

They didn't give me / us anything. We payed for those games and gave them the ability to continue developing new games while profiting big money.
With that being said, I've never in my life complaint about anything that Gamefreak has done but I feel like now I deserve to do it.
Yes, they owe me and the whole community who supported them all those years. I feel like they are being disloyal to their fans. They know what the fans want.
That's just my opinion and I understand that some of you won't agree with it but I did not at all expect to be attacked like that.

I'm probably going to buy the games myself but I'll lie if I say that I am as excited as I was before E34

D*N

Musical Star
I'm a none competitive player, too.
They didn't give me / us anything. We payed for those games and gave them the ability to continue developing new games while profiting big money.
With that being said, I've never in my life complaint about anything that Gamefreak has done but I feel like now I deserve to do it.
Yes, they owe me and the whole community who supported them all those years. I feel like they are being disloyal to there fans. They know what the fans want.
That's just my opinion and I understand that some of you won't agree with it but I did not at all expect to be attacked like that.
Nobody is pro-dexit or thinks this is a good thing. Yes, a lot of fans are disappointed and they all have the right to be.

Apart from your arguments being bad, subjective and overly emotional, this issue is being discussed in multiple threads for pages now. If everyone would make their own special thread to get out their frustrations it would become a complete mess in here. With your arguments and behavior combined, it makes you look pretty entitled.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
Maybe so, still no reason for you all to jump in and act like a bunch of toxic jerks for it. Like, live and let live or something? There are mods to close threads here, don't need you all to just bump the thread up all the time. This forum doesn't belong to you either and it's not up to you to decide what is posted here and what isn't.

WishIhadaManafi5

To Boldly Go Where No One Has Gone Before.
Staff member
Locking this thread as it's going nowhere constructive.

Status
Not open for further replies.