• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I'm considering buying Pokemon Battle Revolution...

I'm thinking of buying Pokemon Battle Revolution because I was very into the Gamecube games, and constructed some very good teams. However, I've heard some negative things about this game (lack of depth in gameplay mostly). I'm very interested in Wi-Fi battles, but I've heard about some major problems with those. Mainly, there are no real rules. When playing I'm most strict about the sleep clause and the legendary clause. The other clauses seem unimportant. But if there's no way to stop a Gengar from using Hypnosis repeatedly on my entire team, then where's the fun? I don't wish to resort to fighting fire with fire, using legendaries (god no) with sleep causing moves like Dark Void repeatedly.

A question I have is if any rules HAVE been formed recently to stop these issues? I refuse to use legendaries (although I'd be fine fighting a Regigigas) as they become repetitive when used and are basically a handicap given to the opposing team. I'm aware that there are ways to beat honorless players who use them, but I don't want to deal with them.

A totally different question is exactly how does the leveling up work with Pokemon Battle Revolution? Do the Wi-Fi battles automatically make your Pokemon level 50 or 100, or do you have to raise them all to that level?

Are there fast ways to level up and EV train?

How does trading with third generation games work? Can it only be done with pokemon that existed in the third generation that only have third generation moves?

Also, do you get the option to choose single or double battles? I have always preferred double battles, because I personally feel they require more strategy and after watching many single battles, I see the repetition involved in players constantly switching out their Pokemon to counter their enemy. For example, if one player uses a Rapidash and the other uses a Blastoise, the Rapidash user often switches out to, say, Exeggutor. Then the Blastoise user will switch out, and it goes on and on. In double battles there are far more options for strategies and noticeably less switching overall.

I appreciate any helpful tips anyone can give me on this subject.

andrewcun13

Top Coordinator
i don't know any thing about Battle Revolution I am also deciding weather or not to buy it

Gengar Fan

PBR is basically a way to battle online and in full 3D. If that's what you want then buy it. But don't expect any deep story mode. I got it and love it.

Katharina27

Eeveelution Breeder
I'm enjoying it for the character customization and I can now get back the TMs that I used up for my last team. I like the fact that I have another way to get leftovers. The animation is not nearly as clean as it could be though.

@lex

Myth Collector
I'm thinking of buying Pokemon Battle Revolution because I was very into the Gamecube games, and constructed some very good teams. However, I've heard some negative things about this game (lack of depth in gameplay mostly). I'm very interested in Wi-Fi battles, but I've heard about some major problems with those. Mainly, there are no real rules. When playing I'm most strict about the sleep clause and the legendary clause. The other clauses seem unimportant. But if there's no way to stop a Gengar from using Hypnosis repeatedly on my entire team, then where's the fun? I don't wish to resort to fighting fire with fire, using legendaries (god no) with sleep causing moves like Dark Void repeatedly.

I'm afraid there are no such rules. Of course, if you play with friends, you can set the rules yourselves. It's only when playing vs. random players you could run into these problems.

A totally different question is exactly how does the leveling up work with Pokemon Battle Revolution? Do the Wi-Fi battles automatically make your Pokemon level 50 or 100, or do you have to raise them all to that level?

When playing against random people, the levels of your Pokémon are automatically turned to 50. When playing with friends, you can set level rules (either 50 only or Open Level, IIRC)

Are there fast ways to level up and EV train?

How does trading with third generation games work? Can it only be done with pokemon that existed in the third generation that only have third generation moves?

You must have a copy of Pokémon Diamond or Pearl to transfer old Pokémon, and to train. This game is battle only, without gaining experience or effort points.

Also, do you get the option to choose single or double battles? I have always preferred double battles, because I personally feel they require more strategy and after watching many single battles, I see the repetition involved in players constantly switching out their Pokemon to counter their enemy. For example, if one player uses a Rapidash and the other uses a Blastoise, the Rapidash user often switches out to, say, Exeggutor. Then the Blastoise user will switch out, and it goes on and on. In double battles there are far more options for strategies and noticeably less switching overall.

You can set the rules to Single or Double Battle, both on random wi-fi, with friends and in single-player.

Ammako

I'm gonna get Pokémon Ranch if I get a Wii, an dI'll transfer my shinies, events, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus and Palkia in it before restarting my Diamond, then picking back my Pokémon.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
I'm gonna get Pokémon Ranch if I get a Wii, an dI'll transfer my shinies, events, Darkrai, Shaymin, Arceus and Palkia in it before restarting my Diamond, then picking back my Pokémon.

Even though your post is off-topic, I thought I would point this out since I have Ranch. Once you put a Pokemon in Ranch, you can only withdraw it to the same game. So if you were to transfer your Pokemon to it and restart your Diamond, they would be stuck on there forever,

It's good that I don't have to level them all up to a certain level, because that is time-consuming.

I own Pokemon Diamond, but only played through it once and never made competitive teams (although I have many ideas for some) because I didn't have Pokemon Battle Revolution and wouldn't find battles to be that fun without the great visuals.

Is there a fast way to EV train those in Pokemon Diamond that I would plan to use on Pokemon Battle Revolution?

Does anyone know how the trading with third generation games works?

DarkGanon

If you want third gen. pokemon in PBR you have to migrate them to your Diamond and then copy them in your PBR.. you can't transfer your Sapphire,Ruby pokemon directly to PBR.

Mewthreehundredandfour

Bring on the Shamwow
Hey, I'm also thinking of buying it. It's quite expensive so I suggest buying a used one. Anyways, I'm wondering if PBR is updatable, like Brawl is. Like maybe you can download patches for it and upgrade the game...

... If you can't update it, there's no way in Hell I'm gunna buy it.

@lex

Myth Collector
...neither Brawl nor Battle Revolution are updateable. The Wii doesn't have a hard drive.

Darkeru

buy Brawl.

It's not out here yet though. ;_;

If you're really strict about setting up rules and battling with them, then unless you have friends with the game it's not worth it. Most seem to just use legendaries or at their diamond team (usually including Dialga or Palkia in my experience).

Personally I don't mind though since it's a challenge and using things like sleep/poison/paralyse is a valid tactic even if it often works too well when people use it on you.

dragoniteKnight

Pose as a team
Hey, I'm also thinking of buying it. It's quite expensive so I suggest buying a used one. Anyways, I'm wondering if PBR is updatable, like Brawl is. Like maybe you can download patches for it and upgrade the game...

... If you can't update it, there's no way in Hell I'm gunna buy it.

if i remember correctly the guy that made brawl said there wont ever be any downloadable stuff for it. anyways id get it, i hated the GC's storymode as it stole the battle enjoyment (the battles looked crappy). Pbr, however is how it should be, beat the @#$% out of the opponent.