• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I'm getting sick of this...

Status
Not open for further replies.

minimoose10

o....haha well most the time i dont worry about natures and stuff until i get to mauville region where i can breed. You might not want to train a shroomish until u have beaten the game It'll be a pain to not evolve it until it learns spore

Slick

Banned
Hmm...I need a plan of when I'm going to train my Pokemon. I already know that I won't have a Blaziken until after The Elite Four when I can catch a Ditto.

EDIT: YYYYEEEEEAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!! Jolly natured Shroomish!!!!

Shroomish *No Nickname yet...*
Lv. 5 Met in Petalburg Woods.
IV's:
Attack: 9
Defence: 12
Sp. Attack: 9
Sp. Defence: 11
Speed: 8

Not the greatest IV's but I'll EV Train it in Attack and Sp. Defence (to help with any fire attacks).

Last edited:

savecowseatcarrots

If I were you I'd stick one of those shroomish in daycare so you'll have a good start on hte leaveling by the time you get your ditto.

minimoose10

Hmm...I need a plan of when I'm going to train my Pokemon. I already know that I won't have a Blaziken until after The Elite Four when I can catch a Ditto.

IV's:

Not the greatest IV's but I'll EV Train it in Attack and Sp. Defence (to help with any fire attacks).

I dont know the exact EV set for it, but use Attack and Speed first and don't worry about Sp. Defense

BigCharizard

IV's:

Are you sure that those aren't just the stats? You need to use the IV calculator to figure out the IVs.

minimoose10

and also the IV calculator isnt accurate until it's at higher levels (generally around level 50 is a good time to check them)

SeanGuy

Err...yay?
Are you sure that those aren't just the stats? You need to use the IV calculator to figure out the IVs.

Rofl.

That was t3h funnay.

Anyways, if you dont care to raise it to 50 to see its fully developed IV's and just wanna be lazy just breed like two boxes of the pokemon of choice, get the ones with obviously the best stats and get some rough estimates with an IV calculator. ;]

Edit: Oh yeah don't bother on any type of Def on Breloom until its sweeping stats are out of the way.

Last edited:

minimoose10

Rofl.

That was t3h funnay.

Anyways, if you dont care to raise it to 50 to see its fully developed IV's and just wanna be lazy just breed like two boxes of the pokemon of choice, get the ones with obviously the best stats and get some rough estimates with an IV calculator. ;]

I don't think that would work considering they would all be at level 5 and a good IV calculator gives the possiblities it will have, which is A LOT for a level 5. Just clone rare candies and give them to the pokemon your checking and if u don't have access to cloning glitch, then use the day care till they're at a decent level to check

SeanGuy

Err...yay?
I don't think that would work considering they would all be at level 5 and a good IV calculator gives the possiblities it will have, which is A LOT for a level 5. Just clone rare candies and give them to the pokemon your checking and if u don't have access to cloning glitch, then use the day care till they're at a decent level to check

Hence the word rough.

But yes, that is also a viable option.

Slick

Banned
So how should I EV Train it? It's at Lv. 16 now and I've beaten Roxanne. I haven't beaten the Team Aqua grunt in the tunnel yet. But I'm going to do that straight away.

EDIT: Sorry I got IV's and normal stats mixed. I'm dumb. X.x Those were it's stats when I caught it.

Ok. For all you people who want an Attack other than Fly on Altaria, I might change my mind when I get it. I said MIGHT! So don't get any ideas if I still use Fly.

Last edited:

minimoose10

u should really hold off on training things with EV's until u have beaten the game because you'll have to battle trainers and youll have to use your shroomish for something that doesnt boost attack or speed so it won't work out so well. Just beat the game first then worry about that stuff later in my opinion

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
If Impish Nature, 252 HP/252 SDef/4 Def
If Careful Nature, 252 HP/252 Def/4 SDef

Those are the only natures you should use, unless you plan on running no physical attacks on Sableye, in which case Bold and Calm are also options (same EV spreads apply).

aragornbird

(。◕‿‿◕。)
Seismic Toss is neither Physical nor Special. It always does a set amount of damage. That's why Blissey has Seismic Toss even though its Attack is crap.

SeanGuy

Err...yay?
Wait lvl 16? You haven't been using it have you? If so that means that its already getting EVs and you will have to re-breed for full EV training.

BTW Aragonbird, your sig animation is godly. Good stuff =].

Status
Not open for further replies.