• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I'm Gonna Get a Ton of Pokémon! The Road to Mew!! (1095)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
1095.jpg

I'm Gonna Get a Ton of Pokémon! The Road to Mew!!

After catching Scorbunny in Galar, Go noticed that his Pokédex got filled in when he caught it, which has caused him interest in getting every Pokémon. With Ash, he travels to the forests in the Kanto region and notices a lot of Bug-type Pokémon, so he sets himself a task: Catch every Bug Pokémon from Kanto. Which Pokémon will become his partners?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

dman_dustin

All the times Ash was alone, and I thought he would've caught something.

NOPE Go decided to ruin that.

Like for a moment I thought Ash was going to get a Pinsir.

This episode for me was just entirely disappointing (wouldn't call it boring, since this was literally the only way they'd have GO catch all the bug type Pokemon would be to one shot catch most of them). Only because again they choose to focus on Go and don't give ANYTHING to Ash, and that wouldn't be an issue as I've said before if ASH HAD A 2nd POKEMON BY NOW!!!!!

Unless someone wants to add to my disappointment even more and tell me Ash wouldn't have caught anything and he was there ONLY to help Go. Even if he ran into something cool he would've notified Go for example instead of getting something for himself.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
They sort of showed which pokemon Go will ever actually use in battle though. I think the only ones he battled were Venonat and Scyther.

D

Deleted member 384931

So far, Gou doesn't bond with his pokemon he caught, I hate that. He just catches pokemon

VoltTacklingPika

Hate to say it, but this was just watching someone play Go/Let's Go for 20 minutes with the odd scuffle here and there. There was no conflict driving the episode; not even a token Team Rocket appearance to liven things up. I've never felt so apathetic about a character catching Pokemon, and that's not because I dislike Gou or anything. Rather, they reduced the Pokemon he caught into drones that he could easily catch, stick in his pocket and forget about the rest of the series and that doesn't sit well with me.

I guess I'm just used to the old way of doing things. Before this series, they would have dedicated most of this episode to that Scyther to make you care before Gou caught it. Instead, it gets about five minutes while we spend a needless amount of time watching Gou catch everything else. Meanwhile, Ash is doing... what, exactly? I'm all for characters fading into the background to give other characters a chance to breathe, but Ash was literally just there for the sake of it.

The only scene that got a rise out of me was Gou getting eaten by Pinsir and Ash being wrapped in thread hanging from the bunk bed. And that was just a five second sight gag at the end of the episode.

Honestly, this might just be the dullest start to a new Pokemon series yet.

D

Deleted member 384931

I hope in the future they give Ash stuff to do if Gou catches pokemon.

BTW what did the girl, Ash and Gou talk about?

Last edited by a moderator:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
They sort of showed which pokemon Go will ever actually use in battle though. I think the only ones he battled were Venonat and Scyther.
Scyther I think we knew already would see some use in battle, but I really do hope you're right about Venonat. I really have a soft spot for that cute little thing.

Pteranodonte

Wat was the point of that Pidgeot? I'm sure that scene was not a random one.
I felt like that was Ash's Pidgeot.
Also, the Pidgeotto we see at the beginning could have been one of the flock Pidgeot was protecting? It flew off as it saw Ash (and the others). Could that mean it went right to Pidgeot to report what it saw? Maybe after all the mysterious Pokémon of the next episode will be Pidgeot.
That scene with the Pidgeot felt so random that it made almost no sense, so maybe it means something more.

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Ash is making progress with Koharu. She's actually bothering to acknowledge his existence and speak with him now.

At this rate, they'll actually become friends...in about another fifty eps.

Joy didn't get as drastic a redesign as Jenny did.

Also, Go's Rotom Phone is a lot more tolerable when it's speaking English. Sounds a lot more natural and less screamy.

Last edited:

RemRem

That "Nice" and "Excellent" throws tho' -__-" I didn't like that rotom voice saying "nice" or "excellent" when Go' caught the mons this episode :(

Lord Starfish

Fond of owls
Also, the Pidgeotto we see at the beginning could have been one of the flock Pidgeot was protecting? It flew off as it saw Ash (and the others). Could that mean it went right to Pidgeot to report what it saw? Maybe after all the mysterious Pokémon of the next episode will be Pidgeot.
That scene with the Pidgeot felt so random that it made almost no sense, so maybe it means something more.
It was presumably just to show Go failing a few times before succeeding so as to give his efforts this episode some sort of arc. Not that it really lands; there's no real difference in his approach between the birds he failed to catch and the bugs he succeeded in, nor much distinction between the bugs he had to try harder for and the ones he just caught on his first go.

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
Idk SM had a lot of random cutaways with random pokemon