• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I'm Gonna Get a Ton of Pokémon! The Road to Mew!! (1095)

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
Here something I don’t get, why didn’t koharu join the boys. Will be a golden opportunity for her to interact with gou and ash and yet they didn’t do that why?
Because they're somehow dividing their target demographic and slowly but surely phasing female companions entirely out. Things just began falling apart for female protagonists when Iris debuted.

I mean, we don't even get previous female companion episodes after Unova anymore. The third wheels - all males - do (except maybe Clemont).

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Because they're somehow dividing their target demographic and slowly but surely phasing female companions entirely out. Things just began falling apart for female protagonists when Iris debuted.

I mean, we don't even get previous female companion episodes after Unova anymore. The third wheels - all males - do (except maybe Clemont).

^This is the most stupid thing I've ever heard I hope it's satire or something coz if you actually believe that......well then

AuraChannelerChris

Easygoing Luxray.
^This is the most stupid thing I've ever heard I hope it's satire or something coz if you actually believe that......well then
Keyword being "somehow." It may be unintentional, but it's pretty glaring. Though it can't be denied things that usually promoted female companions haven't happened.

For example, Serena could have easily visited Alola and get weird ideas of seeing Ash hang out with 3 girls at once (and probably Lillie could have thought something similar regarding Serena, but if she didn't think anything about Misty, then maybe not). Repressed hilarity ensues.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
They did with Misty & Brock in SM though.

I think cultural difference gets in the way too. I mean in the West we're more favorable into badass girls than in Japan, so we're getting disappointed if the girls in the anime ended being cheerleaders to the boys.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I don't know why people think M20 is even remotely related to this series since, contrary to those obsessing over 'muh continuity', Ash's trophies from past regions were already acknowledged. The most notable things being Ash's badges from AG, DP, BW, and XY along with his Battle Frontier plaque and Alola League trophy. In other words, Pokemon 2019 isn't some M20 sequel or non-canonical AU. Just because the writers aren't shoving continuity down our throats doesn't mean that continuity is non-existent.

We relate the scene to M20 because a) it plays out somewhat similary and b) both M20 and this episode were written by Shouji Yonemura.

It's a mythology gag/reference if we are to label it. It doesn't mean we think it's connected to M20 as in "same universe" and more as "ah, it's a reference to what they've written there but this time in the main universe"

Here something I don’t get, why didn’t koharu join the boys. Will be a golden opportunity for her to interact with gou and ash and yet they didn’t do that why?

The way I see, the episode was mostly a typical "boys being boys" with a kid and his best friend going to bug collection. Since it was a (mostly) boys' hobby, it kind of works.

Remember that Pokémon is partially inspired by bug-collection (with a bit of UltraSeven thrown on it but that's for another day) which used to be a thing for japanese kids.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Speaking of Brock and Misty... yeah it would be kinda ridiculous if they don't appear in the anime. I realize it's only episode 5 but you'd think Cerulean being right next to Vermillion would prompt Ash to at least visit Misty. Granted we got two cameos of them in Sun and Moon (although the second one was highly unnecessary); it just would make no sense not having Ash see them since it's not like he's only temporarily visiting Kanto.

Leonhart

Imagineer
janejane6178 said:
I liked the previous episodes of this series, but this one was the most dull and boring thing Ive watched. It involved zero plot and just pure Pokemon Go advertisement. The characters also looked way off ..

In a way isn't the whole anime just an advertisement for various games? I originally didn't think much about any possible connections between this episode and Pokemon GO, although in hindsight I can see some similarities now, although it doesn't bother me since the episode was still somewhat amusing to me.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
People are really hyping up nothing from this episode lmao. That Pidgeot scene doesn't look suspicious in the slightest at all. It happens before ash is also forced to run away from Beedrill signalling danger is coming for ash. It also showcased the full Pidgey line. And the next scene is a clear cut to ash wondering whether Go caught more Pokemon. I don't find anything indicating it to be suspicious nor was it *spying* on Ash or whatever. People just make up these stupid theories and when they won't come true obviously , they would yell bad writing

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
People are really hyping up nothing from this episode lmao. That Pidgeot scene doesn't look suspicious in the slightest at all. It happens before ash is also forced to run away from Beedrill signalling danger is coming for ash. It also showcased the full Pidgey line. And the next scene is a clear cut to ash wondering whether Go caught more Pokemon. I don't find anything indicating it to be suspicious nor was it *spying* on Ash or whatever. People just make up these stupid theories and when they won't come true obviously , they would yell bad writing
-Ash: Wow, I want to catch some Pokemon too!

-Pikachu and Scorbunny both sense something, and go to opposite directions.

- Scorbunny finds a Scyther (his most relevant capture in the episode)

- A random Pidgeot is shown flying from below in a little hazy style when Go is chased by Beedrills. Remember it's 1 Pidgeot shown from below and not several pidgeys (or other small and weak birds) with a shot from sky to signify danger!!

- Ash and Go meet, and it isn't explained what Pikachu had sensed which was the reason they seperated

- Episode 7 wasn't revealed until later even though we got episode titles till episode 9

- Summary for episode 7 says 'believe it or not, Ash sends out'

"Nothing is suspicious"

Pteranodonte

You are trolling, right?

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
See:
-Ash: Wow, I want to catch some Pokemon too!

-Pikachu and Scorbunny both sense something, and go to opposite directions.

- Scorbunny finds a Scyther (his most relevant capture in the episode)

- A random Pidgeot is shown flying from below in a little hazy style when Go is chased by Beedrills. Remember it's 1 Pidgeot shown from below and not several pidgeys (or other small and weak birds) with a shot from sky to signify danger!!

- Ash and Go meet, and it isn't explained what Pikachu had sensed which was the reason they seperated

- Episode 7 wasn't revealed until later even though we got episode titles till episode 9

- Summary for episode 7 says 'believe it or not, Ash sends out'

"Nothing is suspicious"
Plus, Pidgeot wasn't on Go's dex for "nearby wild pokemon", only Pidgey and Pidgeotto

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
I still think this is being overhyped. For me it isn't as special as people make it out to be. Anyways I won't be saying more, I think the episode this week would say it all. I would love to be wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm not.
Sure, it could be mimey or some other pokemon as well, but what I was pointing out was that, it can't be said that there is no reason to think it can be a pidgeot as well!!

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I still think this is being overhyped. For me it isn't as special as people make it out to be. Anyways I won't be saying more, I think the episode this week would say it all. I would love to be wrong but I'm pretty sure I'm not.

Looks like I'm not wrong *cries in a corner*
Look guys I would love for Pidgeot to return too but that scene was completely normal. Pokemon cameos like those are really common now especially since SM. It really didn't mean anything else.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer

HMMMMM
Looks like the baseless theory was in the end....a baseless theory.
It was just a cameo of Pidgeot guys to fulfill the Pidgey line appearance and to signify danger coming. You guys looked too deep into it and only got more disappointed.

RLC

HMMMMM
Looks like the baseless theory was in the end....a baseless theory.
It was just a cameo of Pidgeot guys to fulfill the Pidgey line appearance and to signify danger coming. You guys looked too deep into it and only got more disappointed.
stop feeding your ego a theory being wrong doesn't automatically make baseless plus must people who came up with it expected it to be wrong

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
stop feeding your ego a theory being wrong doesn't automatically make baseless plus must people who came up with it expected it to be wrong
It was kinda baseless tho coz it was really reaching. And I saw a lot of people getting falsely hyped over it which is in the end harmful coz that makes people salty to the show and they less appreciate it more. It wasn't really supposed to be a feeding my ego moment but ig it may look like that.

Rock Captain 99

Following the dreams!!
It was kinda baseless tho coz it was really reaching. And I saw a lot of people getting falsely hyped over it which is in the end harmful coz that makes people salty to the show and they less appreciate it more. It wasn't really supposed to be a feeding my ego moment but ig it may look like that.
The pidgeot may not be appearing in the next episode, but I still believe Ash really got some pokemon when Pikachu sensed something and they seperated, which can show up in a future episode