• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I'm having trouble trading from my Sapphire and Firered

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyricalx

Excellent.
I beat the elite 4 on both games, I did that ruby/sapphire plate thing for bill and his machine on island one, it tells me I can trade with Hoenn and Kanto.
I have two SP's ready, and two wireless adapters too.
For some reason when ever I try to link them up, sapphire doesn't wan't to cooperate. It tells me the B button cancel, and I can't do anything.

I'm sure i've done everything right, but maybe not? Maybe i'm talking to the wrong ladies in the PC? Please help me D:

BCVM22

Ruby/Sapphire aren't compatible with the wireless adapter.

Last edited:

Lyricalx

Excellent.
Yes. Use that instead.

This doesn't seem to be working.
On Firered, the receptionist tells me I need a wireless adapter in order to go to the union room. With that being said I talk to the last lady available, the one in charge of the 'Pokemon cable club' in Firered.
With my SP's both being linked by the cable I talk to the middle lady the one in charge of the 'Pokemon Cable Club trade Center' in Sapphire, awaiting a reply in response to what I did in Firered, they both tell me to B button cancel.

I'm not sure what else I can do :/

Alloute

Not Banned
This doesn't seem to be working.
On Firered, the receptionist tells me I need a wireless adapter in order to go to the union room. With that being said I talk to the last lady available, the one in charge of the 'Pokemon cable club' in Firered.
With my SP's both being linked by the cable I talk to the middle lady the one in charge of the 'Pokemon Cable Club trade Center' in Sapphire, awaiting a reply in response to what I did in Firered, they both tell me to B button cancel.

I'm not sure what else I can do :/

You need to go to the other counter, not Union Room.

Use the "Pokemon Cable Club" on both games at the same time, make sure the cable is in good condition too.

Lyricalx

Excellent.
You need to go to the other counter, not Union Room.

Use the "Pokemon Cable Club" on both games at the same time, make sure the cable is in good condition too.

Hmm, i've been doing exactly that this whole time.
My cable link is years old but mint condition, never used it prior to this.
I have no idea what the problem could be. ):

Are you sure it's the GBA link cable and not the old-school game boy link cable? It only will work with the GBA one. Also, if you're using a non-nintendo brand of link cable, there may be a switch or button that you need to press in order for it to work correctly.

Lyricalx

Excellent.
Are you sure it's the GBA link cable and not the old-school game boy link cable? It only will work with the GBA one. Also, if you're using a non-nintendo brand of link cable, there may be a switch or button that you need to press in order for it to work correctly.

Well there's really no way to read what type it is on the link itself but after looking at some pictures I think you are absolutely right.
Oh gosh I feel like an idiot now haha.
I guess I need to get a GBA link cable, thanks so much even though I'd have to wait even longer to get my dream Sableye i'm glad I have closure.
Do you happen to know how much that cable would be nowadays?

BCVM22

Whatever an eBay seller or, assuming they still sell it, Nintendo's online store want for it. You can't expect last-gen accessories that are a half-decade old to still be widely available.

Lyricalx

Excellent.
Whatever an eBay seller or, assuming they still sell it, Nintendo's online store want for it. You can't expect last-gen accessories that are a half-decade old to still be widely available.

Excellent, thanks a lot for your help.

The GBA link cable's connectors look like this.

If your cable has connectors that look like this, on the other hand, you have the old-school game boy link cable, and that is why it is not working.

You should be able to find it at Gamestop or a flea market with a video game store and get it for a relatively low price, I would imagine it's $10 or less.

Lyricalx

Excellent.
The GBA link cable's connectors look like this.

If your cable has connectors that look like this, on the other hand, you have the old-school game boy link cable, and that is why it is not working.

You should be able to find it at Gamestop or a flea market with a video game store and get it for a relatively low price, I would imagine it's $10 or less.

Ahh thats the exact one I have.
Certainly not GBA haha
Thanks a lot for your help!

ellie

Δ
Staff member
Admin
Do people ever bother to read the stickied thread and announcements? Apparently not. Go read them now.

Status
Not open for further replies.