• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I'm making too many threads.

crudent

First buy CB. They're incredibly useful. Then Move Tutor. Then Vitamins. I buy my vitamins from the Slateport Energy Guru anyway. My Battle Points are too important to be wasted on Vitamins.

P.S. Congrats, you broke 100 replies! This must be the longest RMT thread in a long time.

Aqua's Dolphin

Itsuki's bishie boy
Ah.
This is what I would do:
Buy 1 carbos (Already pickupped 11 Proteins) and clone it.
Buy CB.
Move Tutor.
Which facility gives the most BP?
Double Palace gives me 5...
P.S. Really?

crudent

lol, Double Palace. Palace in general gives me the jeebies, as it's the only Facility in which I've not gotten a Symbol yet. I'm too lazy and have too little time to try.

Anyway, Tower Multi can be quite effective sometimes. I enter with CBmence and Latios, and pick the trainer that has a flying/levitating pokemon. And then I mop the floor with the opponent.

And since you got at least 3 symbols already, you can bet with the betting guy at the furthest right corner of the BF for 15BP that you'll win. That gives 18BP on the first try, 19BP on the second try and so on. It's so easy to earn BP this way.

Aqua's Dolphin

Itsuki's bishie boy
I bet already, and i only like betting 5-10 at a time, but i'll be more impulsive.
Before I said I respected you;
That was false:
I admire you!

crudent

I'm all for high risk/high return. The times when the Frontier haxes you is just a fraction of the times you've won. 15 BP every time will be a handsome payout once you've gone through a few rounds of betting.

Side Note: Wow, an admirer? I'm seriously not that good.

crudent

Yay. At least now I'm satisfied, I've taught at least one person the ropes of the Battle Frontier. I'm convinced you can go far. And also set new records here on Sppf's Battle Frontier Ranking Hall. Remember, the key to success is to keep breeding and keep trying. Hax can get you once, twice, even thrice, but it can't get you everytime.

Battle Frontier makes Hoenn go round.

Aqua's Dolphin

Itsuki's bishie boy
Submitted my Batle Palace record for Single L50:35 wins.
I will persevere.
BTW, does that mean you won't come to this thread anymore? If so, then...*Plans to stalk crudent*

crudent

No, I'm a constant fixture on these boards. I'm not gonna disappear just like that. So you'll have fun seeing me beat up rubbish teams! Muahahaha!

P.S. You like battling Level 50 too! Another thing we have in common!

crudent

ok. I don't usually post my team, but I'll make an exception here.

Salamence @ Choice Band
Adamant
- Aerial Ace
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Flamethrower
My pride and joy.

Starmie @ Shell Bell
Mild (Should've been Modest, but this one has max Sp Att.)
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Psychic

Metagross @ Leftovers
Rash (Sucks, I know, but this was the only wonderfully outstanding one I got after 1000+ Beldum eggs)
- Meteor Mash
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Sludge Bomb

Latios @ Lum Berry
Docile (I hate my Latios)
- Calm Mind
- Psychic
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

As you can see, I'm very careful about the breeding process, yet I'm impatient to go to the Frontier to test them out. A friend suggested breeding for a Skarmory to use in the Palace, but I'm too lazy to hatch all those eggs. Sigh...

Last edited:

Aqua's Dolphin

Itsuki's bishie boy
Right.
Your 'Mence.
I know you have an identical DDmence.
Use that as Adamant prefers Defensive moves and DD is categorised as one.
No other changes.
Starmie.
Clone it then give the clone Recover and use the clone, or it will just keep being incapable.
Metagross
No offence meant, but as it is rash it likes to support, so don't use in the Palace.
Latios is fine, it will mainly attack and occasionally use CM.
That is my rate, a little higgeldy-piggeldy, but hopefully understandable with a clear explanation.

My team, if you want it, was:
;282;@ Lum Berry (Crobat of PM knows toxic)
Trace
Modest
WoW
CM
Psychic
T-bolt.
At least 1 of each category move, so cannot be incapable.
;260; @ Shell bell
Brave
Curse
Surf
IB
EQ
Worked wonders.
;376;@ lefties
Iron Def.
EQ
Meteor Mash
Explosion.

If possible, against the Maven's Slaking, use Latios.
Levitate, Psychic-type and Lum will defend against its EQ, Brick Break and Swagger.
Hope that helps.

crudent

No wonder you went so far in the Palace. That team does not go down easily. My friend suggested Skarmory cos he is immune to Toxic and Horn Drill, and can restore HP with Rest. Anyway thanks for the suggestions, he also told me to get DD on Mence. I'll keep all of these in mind when I finally get to doing the Palace again.

crudent

I was doing exactly the same thing when I first started out at the BF. I kept going to the Palace with my lousy IVed Salamence, Flygon and Milotic. And got my streak up till 14, which I haven't touched for at least 6 months. Shocking isn't it?

I'll enter a team based on natures for the Silver, but for the Gold I'm definitely breeding for wonderful IVs. lol, it's just the mindset of the advanced breeder. Don't mind me.

Aqua's Dolphin

Itsuki's bishie boy
Your current team will be fine, just make the said alterations.
I would like to breed good, but I don't really see the point in (At most) 16extra points in a stat at l50.
I do use the ones with the best IV/Nature combo though.
Oh, and the gardevoir I used?
192 in Sp. Atk at L50

crudent

Nice Sp Att stat. Anyway, I think this thread has been helpful to both of us, and thanks once again for the Palace advice. So we'll just let this thread die out. If you have anything to ask me, you can drop me a PM. OK then, good luck in the Frontier! (And keep trying for Tower Gold. I just know that team will make it.)