• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I'm new... I don't understand.

Dragonair2400

Your average trainer
I recently joined serebii and I am still learning how things work around here. I was hoping though that you guys could help me out with some of the questions I have. They are mainly about clans and battles and how they work.
I have been reading all over and nothing seems to explain what exactly the leagues and tournaments are. I'm assuming its Pokémon battles, of course... But how do people do that? Like is it all expected to be on some sort of online game or what?
Now about the clans and stuff, what do they do? Are they official designated groups or are they just a bunch of people putting something in their signature and saying they're a team? And how do I find one to join?
Okay... This isn't going as smoothly as I had hoped... So I'm gonna stop... If anyone could explain though that would be nice...

Toyosatomimi no Miko

炎髪灼眼の討ち手
Hello, welcome to Serebii. I'll try to answer your questions.

Leagues and tournaments ARE battles. People get together and compete to see who's the best. They use something called Pokemon Online, which is an online battle simulator.

Clans are basically groups of people that enjoy competitive battling. They can war each other, which is where they battle and see who won/lost. To find one, go to the Clans section in competitive battling (scroll down at the index, you'll find it eventually) and look at those. Then, if one of them interests you, fill in their form and post it. BUT REMEMBER TO READ THE RULES FIRST!

Hope that helped. If you're still not sure, PM me, and I'll explain it to the best of my abilities.

FairyWitch

Metroid Hunter
welcome to serebii and im a leader of a clan so i think i can help(ill try to make it simple sounding as best i can)at first i was like what is this too when i joined...clan are generally just different homes for people depending on what they like for example my clan is a grass and water clan...mostly people that like my clan are more into grass and water poke as a theme...were more like a familiy that helps learn others about competitive battling...clans,tournaments, and leagues are all under the meta competitive battle...our clans every so often have wars with other clans to show were the best and to have fun...my clan though is the fun side its more about being a family and if we lose were not crazy about it...most clans tend to have different things to do though...some can breed,some can rng, some can go into dreamworld to get dw pokes that we need,some can do artwork...its not all about battling just contrubiting to the clan mostly that your happy with...also for leagues its mostly like playing the game just challenge gym leaders and the e4 ;) for tournaments its mostly competive battle meta stuff...mostly on a online thing called PO(pokemon onlin) its a online battle stimulator...hope this understandable and if you have any questions you can vm ill be your friend and gude :) love the oddish avatar...im love grass pokemon...espically shaymin...

Darato

(o,..,o)
Welcome to sppf!

If you need any help or just want a friend feel free to ask me.

L.F.D

Dragonair2400

Your average trainer
Ok, thanks guys! everything makes a lot more sense now.

DarumakkaImposter

If downloading PO seems like a burden, you just can't download it, or you're not sure how to use it, check out Pokemon Showdown!. There's a link in my signature to how to use it, as PS! is much more used friendly and you don't have to download it. It can even be used on things like iPods and the like.

Dragonair2400

Your average trainer
I have pokemon online and it's completely confusing... I use 1st gen because they make everything else confusing :/

Dragonair2400

Your average trainer
So a league is basically a regular... league. with gyms and badges and elite four and such.