• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I'm now in a state of confusion about what the dubbers are playing at

Status
Not open for further replies.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
nickelodeon has a way better viewer rate then cartoon network ' last year not 1 of there shows got under a 3 in cable ratings

BCVM22

Again, the case is completely unsupportable. Unless you actually have some sort of reasoning behind claiming a change in networks - itself completely implausible and unlikely - would be a guaranteed boost in ratings to a single show, you can't make this case in any good sense.

Have you any such reasoning? Any support for this at all besides posting cable ratings completely out of context?

Last edited:

ViperQueen

RAWR!!!
For the battle between ash and conway and the final episode where ash and paul battles, I was expecting one of the original pokemon songs to play because in the japanese version the played "Type:Wild and the first pokemon theme song". Instead the dubbers used the "Ultimate Challenge song" for Conway and no music for paul vs ash. I hope they keep Kokoro no Fanfare in the last episode.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Again, the case is completely unsupportable. Unless you actually have some sort of reasoning behind claiming a change in networks - itself completely implausible and unlikely - would be a guaranteed boost in ratings to a single show, you can't make this case in any good sense.

Have you any such reasoning? Any support for this at all besides posting cable ratings completely out of context?

look here for yourself!! look at the differences in ratings

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=275365&page=18

Saturday Ratings: 1/15/11

Final K6-11 Ratings for Saturday, January 15, 2011 Cable Networks only (Live + SD Data):
Source: Disney Research from Nielsen Media Research Data

NICKELODEON 4.6/24 Avg. (7a-1p)
Fairly OddParents 2.4/27; Rugrats 3.1/27; Fanboy & Chum Chum 3.5/23; SpongeBob SquarePants 4.4/25; SpongeBob SquarePants 4.9/24; SpongeBob SquarePants 6.2/28; T.U.F.F. Puppy 5.5/24; Penguins of Madagascar 4.1/18; SpongeBob SquarePants 5.1/22; SpongeBob SquarePants 4.9/22; iCarly 5.2/22; iCarly 5.7/24

DISNEY CHANNEL 3.4/18 Avg. (7a-1p)
Handy Manny 2.1/23; Special Agent Oso 2.4/21; Mickey Mouse Clubhouse 2.4/16; Mickey Mouse Clubhouse 2.1/12; Phineas and Ferb 2.8/14; Phineas and Ferb 3.5/16; Phineas and Ferb 4.0/18; Fish Hooks 4.2/18; Suite Life On Deck 4.4/19; Suite Life On Deck 4.2/19; Wizards of Waverly Place 4.3/19; Wizards of Waverly Place 4.4/19

CARTOON NETWORK 1.6/8 Avg. (7a-1p)
Ben 10: Ultimate Alien 1.0/11; Beyblade: Metal Fusion 1.3/11; Pokemon: DP Sinnoh League 1.3/9; Sym-Bionic Titan 1.1/6 Generator Rex 1.6/8; Star Wars: Clone Wars 1.7/8; Bakugan: Gundalian Invaders 1.4/6; Hot Wheels: Battle Force 1.4/6; Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu 2.6/11; Ninjago: Masters of Spinjitzu 3.0/13; Hole in the Wall 1.9/8; Scooby-Doo! Mystery Inc. 1.4/6

DISNEY XD 0.7/4 Avg. (7a-1p)
Suite Life of Zack & Cody 0.6/7; Phineas and Ferb 0.6/5; Phineas and Ferb 0.8/5; Kick Buttowski 0.9/5; Pair of Kings 1.2/6; Avengers: EMH 0.6/3; Kid vs. Kat 0.5/2; Jimmy Two Shoes 0.6/3; Zeke and Luther 0.7/3; Zeke and Luther 0.9/4; Zeke and Luther 0.8/3; I'm In The Band 0.7/3

Last edited:

BCVM22

Advertisters aren't so much concerned about the ratings number as the demographic. That 1.6 probably encompasses ALL Neilsen viewers of the show. What they want to know is how many KIDS are watching it.

Again, you're taking these numbers completely out of context and pretty clearly with no idea what they actually mean.

Cartoon Network is an ad-supported cable network. If Pokémon the show were no longer enticing advertisers to pay to have their products advertised during that time slot, the show wouldn't be on. It's that simple. You can keep posting numbers completely out of context if you insist.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.

BCVM22

Good bloody lord, are you for real?

We'll feature 100 TVRs each week until the 20th March – including premium spots on Nickelodeon, CITV, Cartoon Network and Disney – to get younger players excited.

TVRs. Spots. As in television spots. As in commercials, you mook. Yes, imagine that: they're going to buy ad space for a huge upcoming Pokémon game on a popular children's cable network! What a twist!

randomspot555

http://www.toonzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=275365&page=18

Again, those are all Nielsen familiy ratings (and the Neilsen system itself is not exactly a science that everyone agrees with). What advertisters care about is the specific demographic.

No one cares if 70 billion hick farmers tune into a show because hick farmers don't have tons of cash to spend.

People do care if kids tune in, because they have their parents disposable income to use.

As far as Nickolodeon vs Cartoon Network, they're both basic cable packages in most markets. A simple switch is not....well, simple, and it's not a guaanteed boost in ratings. And if it is a boost, is it a boost that's beneficial? It might not be.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Good bloody lord, are you for real?

TVRs. Spots. As in television spots. As in commercials, you mook. Yes, imagine that: they're going to buy ad space for a huge upcoming Pokémon game on a popular children's cable network! What a twist!

Wow someones a little fool of himself jeez you don't have to be rude about it. Pokemon could come to nickelodeon sometime in the future so stop acting like you know for sure. While I don't necessarily think it will, im open to the idea. The point is don't be rude to people jeez even if it is a comercial it still counts as being on nickelodeon in a way.

BCVM22

Wow someones a little fool of himself

Aha. You might want to take another whack at that.

jeez you don't have to be rude about it.

Nor is there any need to be clueless about it, as certain individuals are doing in shouting "ZOMG NICKELODEON!" despite it saying "television spots" (as in commercials) right there in the press release.

I guess nobody's perfect, eh?

Pokemon could come to nickelodeon sometime in the future so stop acting like you know for sure.

Do I look like bloody CyberCubed to you? Yes, we can be reasonably sure that Cartoon Network is not going to stupidly and arbitrarily surrender one of their more consistent shows to another network just because some schmoe on the Internet has no idea how television ratings work?

"You never know" is not an argument, ever. If "you never know" and "stop acting like you know for sure" in real world matters - which this is, as we're not arguing what writers are going to do with fictional characters - are your only arguments, there's nothing to be said.

The point is don't be rude to people jeez even if it is a comercial it still counts as being on nickelodeon in a way.

Uh, no. No, it doesn't. At all.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Aha. You might want to take another whack at that.

Nor is there any need to be clueless about it, as certain individuals are doing in shouting "ZOMG NICKELODEON!" despite it saying "television spots" (as in commercials) right there in the press release.

I guess nobody's perfect, eh?

Do I look like bloody CyberCubed to you? Yes, we can be reasonably sure that Cartoon Network is not going to stupidly and arbitrarily surrender one of their more consistent shows to another network just because some schmoe on the Internet has no idea how television ratings work?

"You never know" is not an argument, ever. If "you never know" and "stop acting like you know for sure" in real world matters - which this is, as we're not arguing what writers are going to do with fictional characters - are your only arguments, there's nothing to be said.

Uh, no. No, it doesn't. At all.

Ok so your an expert right?? Stop being rude to people jeez that's my only point and im not about to start arguing with you cuz it is not worth it. We can assume all we want but that doesn't make it true. You don't know what cartoonnetwork will do in the future so again stop calling people names cuz they have an opinion. Oh and sorry for spelling one word wrong jeez Mr. Dictionary do you correct everybody. Big freaken deal I spelled full wrong. You know exactly what I was saying. Also this is a forum you never know and stop acting like you know everything is all we can say since we REALLY don't know.

BCVM22

Ok so your an expert right??

You could do half an hour's worth of research into the very basics of how ad-supported cable networks operate and you might come to the very same conclusion we-- well, you are debating, completely on your own. This isn't rocket science nor is playing the pedantic cards of "you're an expert, right?" and "you don't know for sure!" applicable. Because you don't need to be an expert to be able to know when something is completely baseless.

You don't know what cartoonnetwork will do in the future so again stop calling people names cuz they have an opinion.

Please. This has absolutely nothing to do with opinions. Someone shouts "Canada would be so much better as America's giant 51st state!", is that an "opinion"? Should we not roll our eyes because "it's an opinion!"

That's basically what's going on here.

Also this is a forum you never know and stop acting like you know everything is all we can say since we REALLY don't know.

That, however, is exactly the point: we do know, at least for the forseeable future - Black and White, at the very least.

Is your beef here solely that I didn't say "that's alright, it's your opinion" when someone made a baseless, unsupportable and completely inane assertion?

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
You could do half an hour's worth of research into the very basics of how ad-supported cable networks operate and you might come to the very same conclusion we-- well, you are debating, completely on your own. This isn't rocket science nor is playing the pedantic cards of "you're an expert, right?" and "you don't know for sure!" applicable. Because you don't need to be an expert to be able to know when something is completely baseless.

Please. This has absolutely nothing to do with opinions. Someone shouts "Canada would be so much better as America's giant 51st state!", is that an "opinion"? Should we not roll our eyes because "it's an opinion!"

That's basically what's going on here.

That, however, is exactly the point: we do know, at least for the forseeable future - Black and White, at the very least.

Is your beef here solely that I didn't say "that's alright, it's your opinion" when someone made a baseless, unsupportable and completely inane assertion?

No myy beef is tthat you insulted him by calling him names. So next time someone makes a comment, you can debate the comments all you want but don't insult people and call them names because that is just mean and uncalled for. He never said one mean comment to u so why would you say it to him?? That is why im mad not cuz of the actual debate.

BCVM22

...what, seriously? "Mook"? The whole wide world of name-calling and you're up in arms because I called someone a mook? Really? Come on now.

Lordy. Just so's we don't lose sight of the discussion here, no, Pokémon is not moving to Nickelodeon, the case (such as it is) that it would benefit from the move is tissue-thin at best and no, Nintendo doing something as forehead-slappingly obvious as buying ad time for their products on a widely watched children's cable network has no bearing on anything.

Last edited:

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
...what, seriously? "Mook"? The whole wide world of name-calling and you're up in arms because I called someone a mook? Really? Come on now.

Lordy. Just so's we don't lose sight of the discussion here, no, Pokémon is not moving to Nickelodeon, the case (such as it is) that it would benefit from the move is tissue-thin at best and no, Nintendo doing something as forehead-slappingly obvious as buying ad time for their products on a widely watched children's cable network has no bearing on anything.

stop acting like a rude know it all!!

it only suggests your social life suffers

A.J.

Wobba wobba wobba!
Stop, stop, stop.

Learn to spell "you", and type sentences like a normal person.

BACK ON TOPIC.

I actually didn't really notice a terrible amount of difference in the music. What I did notice was that during the battles, the music is noticeably softer than in the original episode.

Does that happen all the time? The music was my favorite part about the original Ash vs Takuto episode - it made it really exciting.

Last edited:

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Stop, stop, stop.

Learn to spell "you", and type sentences like a normal person.

BACK ON TOPIC.

I actually didn't really notice a terrible amount of difference in the music. What I did notice was that during the battles, the music is noticeably softer than in the original episode.

Does that happen all the time? The music was my favorite part about the original Ash vs Takuto episode - it made it really exciting.

I enjoyed it myself. I thought it wasn't overpowering. Being able to hear both the music and Pikachu struggling through Luster Purge with Volt Tackle perfectly clearly made it just as good in the dub IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.