• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I'm probably the worst pokemon player

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
If it makes you feel any better, I find it tedious as well.

Which is why I don't bother with that but I still like Pokémon battling, which is why I do it using a method I'm sure I'm not allowed to discuss here, so I won't.

fitzy909

Just another guy
I always test out teams thoroughly on Showdown before making them in game so i don't waste my time. I find it gets rather repetitive.

Rakansen

ラルフ
Don't stress yourself out! I suggest training and breeding while you're doing something else, such as watching a movie or listening to a podcast. It makes the process less tedious and boring.

Also, how do you EV train? If you find it time-consuming, I suggest looking up a guide on EV Training with Horde Battles, as it shows how your Pokémon can get max EVs within a few minutes.

To be honest, I prefer to do all my competitive battling on simulators like Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown! and play way more casually on the cartridge. I never IV breed and only sometimes care about natures or EVs (and I usually train those with Super Training). Keeping my competitive and non-competitive play as far apart as possible makes the game more fun for me.

Blaze The Movie Fan

Reviewer and PokéFan
To be honest, I prefer to do all my competitive battling on simulators like Pokemon Online and Pokemon Showdown! and play way more casually on the cartridge. I never IV breed and only sometimes care about natures or EVs (and I usually train those with Super Training). Keeping my competitive and non-competitive play as far apart as possible makes the game more fun for me.

Yeah, battling through Pokémon Online is something I'd like to do as well.

I dont have the patience to IV breed I would hack IVS on my pokemon if I could tbh.Eventually the game of luck starts to drive you insane after 30 eggs with no ideal stat spread.If only X and Y had a speed up feature like the emulators then I could IV Breed.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Not all trainers battle. I'm more of a collector, so I try to catch 'em all and complete the dex. So close. All I need is Arceus. I want to restart my game for a nuzlocke, but I want to complete the dex first. Trainer problems.

x-sayrie-x

I like to IV/EV my Pokemon. If I don't, I find I get bored very, very quickly once I've reached post-game (Pokedex hunting can only sustain me for so long). The only thing is I'm terrible at team-building competitively, but I'm working my way up to having a (mostly) functional team.

Syrus

Praise the Sun!
It IS a bit of a time issue I find and can be incredibly repetitive but I LOVE the competitive scene and Battling itself so I guess you need to have that passion to go ahead with it.

It's how I get by.

AKUELYDS

OG GAMER
Perosonally I am a huge fan of collecting shinies and natures purely for trading, let everyone else deal with training for the competative scene.

KumaPanda

Psyduck is cute <3
Speaking of shinies, I completed my dex and I wanted to start a new game. I almost asked a friend to hold my pokemon so I could start a new game until she told me Pokebank could do that. She was very relieved when I decided to use my money to pay Pokebank for a year. At minimum, I had 3 boxes of pokemon to hold (including shinies, legendaries, and personal pokemon). There's a reason why I rarely trade... Trading with me often takes up 2 hours because of all the pokemon I have to trade for evolutions and dex completion.

Xenomata

MS Paint Sableye
All I will say is... music and anime are an amazing thing. Really makes biking back and forth less boring when you have something to distract you.

And good thing to, because recently I have been having diminishing luck with the IV spreads that the pokemon I hatch receive, so it takes longer to get perfect pokes than usual.

... I don't even want to IMAGINE breeding for shiny pokemon with perfect IV spreads...

I know how you feel. I did the same thing. What I suggest is starting a different pokemon version, finishing that with how you like and then going back to X or Y.

appelpower

Sinnoh Champion
I recommend using Pokémon Showdown or Pokémon Online, both online battle simulators, to play competitive battles without having to raise a team normally. You can simply build it in their team editors.

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
Most people are still upbeat of the game cause they don't lose much.

Hehe try rating battle. It seems that once your ratings reached 1290, it is super hard to get a battle. I do not like that it can't find an opponent and I have to keep going through the selection process of the battles I want.

My advice? Don't play the game often. Do something productive like volunteering jobs or working.