• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I'm upset about the status of Bugs

Lickitung

Banned
In the past, bugs have had laughable stats and were bascially useful for maybe the first two gyms, in which was the only time they were really available. Now, there have been some pretty cool bugs, but they are always saddled down with horrible stats and/or movepool(Ledian, I'm looking at you). And they really get no respect, using one makes you a "noob". Besides the big three (Scyther/Scizor, Pinsir, and Heracross) there is really only one or two others who can be used succesfully later in the game.

I was hoping that when D/P come out, the poor bug type would get some awesome new members. So far the future is looking grim. Koroboshi looks like a weaker Volbeat, which I didn't even know could be possible. And since the entire region is very mountainous I see very little areas where one could come across very many bugs.

And this brings me to the supposedly new legendary trio. Having three bugs would totally make up for the crap they've put up with in the past, and it isn't too far-fetched of an idea. A giant ant, stick bug, or elephant bettle could easily be made into strong legendaries. Unfortunatley, I don't see this happening as the general obsession with dragons continues to get stronger.

And so I guess the whole point of this little rant is to ask ideas for possible new bug types, and speculate if there will be one that doesn't have suicidal stats. It's wishful thinking, for sure, but I figure anything can happen on the DS.

Warri0r

Frontier Trainer
Yeah I was just thinking about this...

I was hoping they would make a Bug/Dark type Poke with good base stats, and give it a nice 90 Power Bug signature attack with like 95 accuracy... It would be the ultimate Psychic counter. :)

C.J. Ray

I wanted Shaymin! :(
Hello, ever heard about Armaldo? Yeah, he's a fossil, but he's got a great typing and some awesome attacks. :)

trapezechimpanz

EWWWWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!! BUGS!!!!!!!!!!!! there are only a few bugs i like and that is butterflies! and and those really awesome bugs that roll up!!! no legandary trio bugs.... NOOO!!!!!!!!!

TeamPez2

Bugs Definetly need some stronger additions to their type. Too bad GF always makes most of them horrible

Melon

Lost in Translation
I hate bugs !!
Really.
Just look at the size of Buterfree's eyes !!
It's hideous !!

I like Scyzor and Heracross. That's all.

Navvia

Is Special
In the past, bugs have had laughable stats and were bascially useful for maybe the first two gyms, in which was the only time they were really available. Now, there have been some pretty cool bugs, but they are always saddled down with horrible stats and/or movepool(Ledian, I'm looking at you). And they really get no respect, using one makes you a "noob". Besides the big three (Scyther/Scizor, Pinsir, and Heracross) there is really only one or two others who can be used succesfully later in the game.

I was hoping that when D/P come out, the poor bug type would get some awesome new members. So far the future is looking grim. Koroboshi looks like a weaker Volbeat, which I didn't even know could be possible. And since the entire region is very mountainous I see very little areas where one could come across very many bugs.

And this brings me to the supposedly new legendary trio. Having three bugs would totally make up for the crap they've put up with in the past, and it isn't too far-fetched of an idea. A giant ant, stick bug, or elephant bettle could easily be made into strong legendaries. Unfortunatley, I don't see this happening as the general obsession with dragons continues to get stronger.

And so I guess the whole point of this little rant is to ask ideas for possible new bug types, and speculate if there will be one that doesn't have suicidal stats. It's wishful thinking, for sure, but I figure anything can happen on the DS.

Is Illumise that much more manly than Volbeat? If so, how pathetic.

Is Illumise that much more manly than Volbeat? If so, how pathetic.

actually, illumises and volbeats stats are equal, exept that volobeat has more attack, and illumise more sp.att. .

if you know their movesets, and know that they have stab on physical moves, you should agree that volbeat is MUCH stronger .

Robotboy

Boulder Trainer
I wouldn't call the future of Bug types in D/P "grim" only because Korobooshi looks weak - it could have awesome stats! It could be infinitely beter than Volbe at and Illumise! Remember, don't judge a book by its cover. ... or something equally lame like that.

Also, Dorapion's typing is made of GOLD AND WIN.

Navvia

Is Special
actually, illumises and volbeats stats are equal, exept that volobeat has more attack, and illumise more sp.att. .

if you know their movesets, and know that they have stab on physical moves, you should agree that volbeat is MUCH stronger .

Actually I've never used them. They're not ugly... I just don't like bugs lol.

Yannick

The only bugs I like are Scizor and Heracross, but a bug trio... no way!

Warri0r

Frontier Trainer
Well if Gamefreak made some more strong Bug Pokemon with good movesets like Heracross. Maybe more people would like Bug Pokes.

Navvia

Is Special
Well if Gamefreak made some more strong Bug Pokemon with good movesets like Heracross. Maybe more people would like Bug Pokes.

Probably, probably not. I personally don't like bug pokemon just because. Most of them are ugly, and have/learn crappy moves. The only bug pokemon I've ever touched was Butterfree, but soon i had to box it because I discovered real Pokemon like Ninetales and Seadra and Raichu. That's my opinion though. I probably don't count lol.

nope ,you don't count .

heracross pWns and is cool 2 .
and scizo is cool 2, and he can be good .