• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I'm upset about the status of Bugs

Firemaker

Mammoth Master!
Well, bugs are small in real life so they are weaker in the game. It'd be stupid to leave bug pokemon out. They should make better ones I think

Navvia

Is Special
;049;
nope ,you don't count .

heracross pWns and is cool 2 .
and scizo is cool 2, and he can be good .

Obviously if I counted, this idiot in my signature would be a real pokemon.

Kingudora

My favourite
more STRONG bugs please!

heracross and scizor is on the list but i want more

i want a bug/ground scarab that has high atk and sp atk and good def but spd and sp def is low

also wants a alt evo to surskit that stays bug/water and has high sp atk and spd, average atk and low sp def and def

Cackles

I'd maybe use bugs if they were more available earlier in the game. And I'm not talking about all the freaking caterpillars. The caterpillars don't do much for me. But if they had, maybe a two-stage evo through leveling up that was available earlier on, say before second gym, I might consider using one. But by the time any of the halfway decent ones (Scyther-Scizor, Pinsir, Heracross)are available, I'm done getting pokes for my party and it's more just for the data.

charcolt12

Punisher, you made me laugh while you were being completely serious. Bravo!
People, these things are BUGS. Where do bugs stand on the food chain, hmmm?

Phillyboomerangs

Pinsir>Heracross
its true bugs have been the laugh type for way too long. they have alot of weaknesses and have barley any bug moves the only good bug moves that are even tolerable is mega horn,silver wind,and signal beam. overall there is not many good bug moves period. they def need cool bugs in the next gen. have them be strong and show that they are not worthless. bug type is my fav. and like said earlyer there are not many good bugs at all

Quillz

A Talking Pokemon
Bugs Definetly need some stronger additions to their type. Too bad GF always makes most of them horrible
Sadly, I have to agree. It's a shame, too. Bugs are strong over Psychic-types, Dark-type and Grass-types. Having a good Bug Pokémon would take care of many strong Pokémon of those types.

Shinou lover

We will pown you!!!
We dont need bug legendarys but we need more pokemon that learn bug attacks. They are mostly bug pokemon exlusive. If we have them psychic pokemon are more easaly defeated and so are most legendarys. Mewtwo, Mew, Celebi, Jirachi and Deoxys are all psychic. However a few pokemon like heracross couldnt harm

jwla

I agree. Stronger bugs are needed. I love bug-types, but, I am stuck with Hearcross or Scizor mostly. Though I do use a Yanma with Signal Beam (and Screech to help out a bit). The scarab idea sounds cool. I would like to see Yanma evolve into something stronger. Bug/Dragon would kick!

Lickitung

Banned
Punisher, you made me laugh while you were being completely serious. Bravo!
People, these things are BUGS. Where do bugs stand on the food chain, hmmm?
When the hell was Pokemon exactly like real life? By your logic Pinsir should be squished easily because he's based on small, but awesome beatle. This is a game, so why can't bugs be made more powerful?

The scarab idea is brilliant. A powerful bug that can learn both Earthquake and Signal Beam and gets STAB on both of them...yes.

Jeffrey199

I have a Butterfree on my team. Silverwind is one of my favorite attacks. Ya I'm sure you all think I'm crazy... But I just love my little Psyfly.

elecman001

Beginning Trainer
bugs are awsome id love to see a trio but i doubt it will happen. following thge north, south, east, west thing, they have had the lions(dogs), birds, and tortosis(rocks) so next would be dragons.

coolcobra77

Your Worst Nightmare
Scizor, Scyther, and Heracross p00n (Pinsir pretty much is poop, horrible movepool, and some "OK" stats.)

Ariados is a relaly good, and Fortress is a good rapid spinner

otherwise yeah most bugs are as weak as they look... a fire/bug Ant pokemon would look cool.

coolcobra77

Your Worst Nightmare
Scizor, Scyther, and Heracross p00n (Pinsir pretty much is poop, horrible movepool, and some "OK" stats.)

Ariados is a relaly good, and Fortress is a good rapid spinner

otherwise yeah most bugs are as weak as they look... a fire/bug Ant pokemon would look cool.

babman

Beginning Trainer
Most the good bug pokemon have a second type. BUG/STEEL, BUG/FIGHTING. So they just get the good moves from the second type. There really isn't a good PURE BUG Pokemon.