• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

I'm upset about the status of Bugs

Naetoru

#1 Naetoru Fan!
But they certainly don't deserve to be the worst. It would help out a bit if bugs lost fire and/or rock weakness, IMO those never made sense. It's sensible that flying type would be effective since birds eat bugs. What is stupid is that bugs are weak to fire? What, using a flamethrower is effective at clearing an ant mound? Rocks? Bugs actually like to live under rocks in the cool moist dirt. Why are rocks even effective against bugs? Because it squashes them? Dumb. Anything can squash a bug, you just have to be creative.

Mystery

Hidden...
All these people who are saying bugs are rubbish, except scizor and heracross etc, are missing the entire point. The thread is about bugs in the next generation. Personally, I don't think the legendary trio should be bug, because it would be hard to come up with a background story for that. However, I think there should be some better bug Pokémon, perhaps even one of the bug Pokémon you catch at the beginning of the game actually getting a strong evo.

Kingudora

My favourite
pokemon are based on bug catching but there are not many good bugs to catch...

more strong bugs in the metagame please

Cheezz

ONOES
Firstly, bug pokémon can be strong, being small in real life doesn't mean they can't kick a** in the game.
Ants can lift 50 times their own weight, of you would make ik 5"something
it would surely kick the **** out of lotsa other pokes. (too bad our red ant poke, scizor, isn't THAT strong..)
But I'm hoping on more powerfull pokémon.
And why wouldn't there be, as I have heard it was Satoshi Tajiri's idea to trade bugs via a cable from one box to another.
So I'll keep on rooting for one of my favourite pokémon types ^^

Ninjask is the best bug .

on netbattle, poeple were saying l was cheap because l used him, he can be a monster .(l am not cheap, he is still no uber or even legend)

And don't think l say that because l hate bugs .
l say that because it is treu .

my trainer card proves l like bugs .

EnixBelnades

Marsh Trainer
Shuckle is very underrated.....It isn't exactly awesome, but it's better than Butterfree, Beutifly, Beedrill, and Dustox. It usually takes 3 hits to KO at least. I've used one before, with this moveset:

Shuckle@Chestoberry

Double Team
Rest
Wrap
Toxic

Basically switch him in on a poekmon that isn't meant to attack, like a baton passer, if you can. Or another annoyer. Use Double team 2-6 times, rest when needed, then toxic+Wrap until they die. I have killed 5/6 pokemon with just him. You need luck, but it's an OK pokemon. Baton passing DTs and speed onto him from Ninjask works well too. DT is frowned upon by like netbattle. But in-game, you can use it.

ThegameHHH

I am the game
Just make evos

loopy100

Hasty Ho Oh
Shuckle is a good Bug, as is Pinsir and Schizor. But we do need some new tyeps. Bug Dark would be great, as would a Bug Ground type. Like a big worm orsomething. Yo7u coulf have like a Goliath beetle with stupidly high attack and def (like Rhydon basically) with mediocre for the other stats.

A Bug trio would be easy to do a back story for, They got breed by an over enthusiastic bug breeder and grew out of proportiion. They grew to huge sizes and were ridiculously strong. Sonmthing like that...lol.

Beorn

<3 Lucario
Meh, there needs to be that type that is for the start of the game, and those that are near the end. It is a fact, and I like my bug infested area ar the start of the game!

Sombrero

Monkey Master
In real life, bugs are tiny and to weak to fight against anything bigger... Some bugs are strong, for xample the stag beetle and a couple others. So why should they be ubers in Pokémon

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Bugs are supposed to be weak, they are bugs !
get over it !

Ah, Luigi, I missed you soooo much....XD

It seems you guys don't understand that bugs are VERY strong animals, not individually, but together they are a force to be reckoned with, such as a swarm of Locust, which definately aren't weak...

Not too mention Bees and Mosquitos cause the most deaths of like any other animal worldwide.

Demonic

<- Hunting You
i think there should be 1 legendary bug thatd be cool i mean hes right bugs hav a bad rep id love a cool bug type to own with

YellowHat

The Anticool
OK, I kano it looks like one, but Dorapion is NOT A BUG! It's Dark/Poison.
So anyone who posted "Well, Dorapion kicks *****!" here is wrong!

I'm sorry. It was just kind of annoying as I was reading some of the posts.

Anyway, the following bugs totally don't ping my cheese, and are actually very cool:
Scyther
Scizor
Heracross
Ariados
Ledian

Note: all (except Scyther) Are JOHTO poke'mon. The era of great bugs is long over! ( other than Armaldo, of course)

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
The era of great bugs is about to begin, with the arrival of Korobooshi, hopefully alot of Bugs (such as Pinsir and Yanma) get kickass evolutions....