• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Image Sharing Site Banned

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Due to some issues that have occurred, I had to block a certain small picture hosting site. The URLs ended up getting re-appropriated and have put us in bad standing.

As such, I recommend that, if you must use them, you use ones like imgur or minus.

Thanks

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Crap, that sucks... oh well. Hopefully Imgur doesn't require me to reupload the pictures every few months like Tiny did. *goes to fix signature*

EDIT: Imgur didn't work. PhotoBucket it is.

Last edited:

ChloboShoka

Writer
I better go and fix mine when I'm next on my laptop.

Edit: I don't think it is photobucket that's banned.

Last edited:
You'll know which site Joe is talking about because he had the word itself censored, so you can't use images from that site. It'll look like this: ******* when you try to use a link from it.

Rio!

Composer
I see, are we talking about the one site that is a synonym of 'small'? If so I can see why its caused issues in the past. =/

ChloboShoka

Writer
At first. I had no idea which certain site has been banned. At first I thought it was photobucket, but apparently not. I have just previewed my post. Now I know exactly which one you mean now. I haven't used it in such a long time a lot of links I've used with it are now dead so this sounds like more of a benefit than an inconvenience.

Just out of curiosity, what exactly were the issues?

I never saw a problem, as I used it quite a bit, but then again, I don't know coding.

Rio!

Composer
Just out of curiosity, what exactly were the issues?

I never saw a problem, as I used it quite a bit, but then again, I don't know coding.

What happens is the site ends up replacing and re-assigning some images you upload with other random URLs, so you can't even guarantee your image will have the same URL linking to your material.
That can be...problematic as you could possibly end up with your image linking to something that's potentially inappropriate.

IrieFuse

Unify To Thrive
im also not sure what it is so im mainly using this post to chdck if my sig is in effect still

edit: ahh i see. not a problem ill have to use photobucket later when i have access to my laptop

ShadedSkies

Absolutely dreadful news. Coincidentally, the image hosting site in question has recently decided to require payment for further uploading. Ah, the regrets of misplaced faith. Reminds me of AOL.

Sohryu

Be a Man!
I always used imgur anyway, so I'm fine with it. But I don't understand a thing about this. Why it's censored? Because it was banned?