• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Imagine a Reality Pokemon Virtual World!

Darkmagiciangirl

OpInIoNaTeD at <3
Imagine a Reality Pokemon Virtual World! How cool would that be? You can go to any of the regions, capture and train pokemon, challenge gyms and even meet legendary pokemon!

Sure that's why Nintendo games are there, but if Nintendo can create a crazy game console like Wii, do think they can creatw something like the above mentioned fantasy? (Emphasis on fantasy! L.O.L!)

;133;;134;;135;;136;;196;;197;;470;;471;

Kecleoshrew

KECLEON :D
may take several years, but i would totally buy it.

I think Darkmagiciangirl meant a virtual world where everythign is Pokemon

Darkmagiciangirl

OpInIoNaTeD at <3
Yes, but you can still go in and out of it back into the real world, basically like Kaiba's Virtual World in Yu-gi-oh;136;

Will-powered Spriter

Pokédex Complete!
You do realise Reality and Virtual in the same sentence is an oxymoron right?

You can go to any of the regions, capture and train pokemon, challenge gyms and even meet legendary pokemon!

It's called buying all the games. You can already do this.

gameboy350

Back from the depths
he means virtual reality.
like using sensors to move around and you fell as if it is real life,but it isn't.

Matthew Platinum

I Live For This.
That would be pretty sweet. Then I could just hang out and be buddies with Chimchar and Piplup.

Spacialrend

Gallade owns
That would be totally fricken awesome!

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Man, I can see the parents complaining already.

Seriously, the only way this thing could work is if it's processed at the speed of your mind.

Or else kids are going home, connecting to this game, and spending the rest of the day on it, with the parents unable to do anything without risking damage to the kid.

This is, of course, assuming it would ever happen.

I'd prefer to keep my head in the real world. You'd end up like everyone who is addicted to WoW, which isn't very appealing.

Ablepsy

If they made it like "The World" from .Hack//Sign (Which I'm still hoping they make!!), I would buy it in an instant!
It would be amazing, as I am a huge MMORPG and RPG geek XD

As for the parent issue, in the game itself they could probably implement some device that limits your allowed time per day or have a parental control feature which only unlocks it during specified hours, you know? They could come up with something!

Darkmagiciangirl

OpInIoNaTeD at <3

BCVM22

*sigh*;136;

Not everyone shares your vision, such as it is.

There's nothing at all realistic about this possibily in the present or even the near future. Nintendo's ability to utilize some accelerometers, an infrared camera and Bluetooth connections to create the Wii has no bearing on their ability to fabricate technology that exists only in fiction. Sorry.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School

BCVM22

And if that's your bag, have at it. Don't let me stop you. Just don't grumble when people point out that it's not real. Imagination is great, but that and $1.50 will buy you a cup of coffee.

Last edited:

Darkmagiciangirl

OpInIoNaTeD at <3
Not everyone shares your vision, such as it is.

There's nothing at all realistic about this possibily in the present or even the near future. Nintendo's ability to utilize some accelerometers, an infrared camera and Bluetooth connections to create the Wii has no bearing on their ability to fabricate technology that exists only in fiction. Sorry.

Oh, no need for an apology. You're probably right that it can't be a reality. There's to much technical stuff involved.:)

However, BCVM22, I'd like to hear your thoughts for if it existed, what would you do?:D;);136;

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
And if that's your bag, have at it. Don't let me stop you. Just don't grumble when people point out that it's not real. Imagination is great, but that and $1.50 will buy you a cup of coffee.

Meh, I don't even like coffee anyways.

Anyways, I was just pointing out that besides the fact that this is pretty much never going to be feasible anyways, it's stated in the title and the OP that this is just something to think about.

BCVM22

However, BCVM22, I'd like to hear your thoughts for if it existed, what would you do?:D;);136;

Nothing personal, but in these contexts, I find no value in dealing in hypotheticals. What I would do is what I would do, if that makes any sense. It's a video game - a super-advanced one, in your estimate, but a video game still; as with any video game, I would play it if I felt I would enjoy it or benefit from it and elect not to do so otherwise. Simple.

Darkmagiciangirl

OpInIoNaTeD at <3
:confused::redface:

Phantom champion Z

Nothing personal, but in these contexts, I find no value in dealing in hypotheticals. What I would do is what I would do, if that makes any sense. It's a video game - a super-advanced one, in your estimate, but a video game still; as with any video game, I would play it if I felt I would enjoy it or benefit from it and elect not to do so otherwise. Simple.

an extreamly logical answer as always. it would suck if hackers got in and screwed up our minds like in .hack speaking of which it seems almost impossible for me to find parts 3 and 4 in store it is frustating