• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Imperial (A Pokebank OU Team)

Klaus™

Banned
220px-Imperial_InFaF.jpg

excadrill.gif
talonflame.gif
gourgeist-super.png
212-m.png
718.png
479-wash.gif

Hey guys, this here is my debut team to 6th gen. By far it has been the most fun to play, just because of the creative sets and spreads i use, and the fact that even though it is creative, it works against good players, unlike most "creative" teams out there. The team name is imperial, because i somehow wanted to include a band I recently got into, In Fear And Faith, and because the other two options were Team Bisharp Weak, and Team McdangerLosttoPurugly. The team started off seriously, trying to achieve a talonflame sweep. From there, things like rotom-w, venusaur mega, zygarde, and others were thrown on, because why the **** not. I think i even went through using diggersby at one point lol. Finally, I ended with a aerious team, that was halfway decent. Then I got the idea of using Defog Mega Scizor from a skype chat with user Mulder, and from Smogon's uncharted Scizor thread, no matter how stupid most of the users there are. So I decided to use some neato sets and pokemon to somehow incorporate Mega Scizor, and so I remade my old team I talked about 4 sentences ago. As a note, most of the sets I probably won't change to something more "mainstream" as why in the world take this game seriously? As a challenge to raters, be creative. Remember though, gimmicky dies not equal creative. Also, seeing as this is my first 6th gen rmt, and like, my tenth rmt, and almost 2 years or so with competitive experience, I decided to tribute this rmt to both how far ive come from being a complete nub and yelling at mods for infracting me for "stupid ****ing reasons **** you," to realizing how to actually be a decent poster, and to give shoutouts to people who have helped me all throughout the years. Please message me if you feel i've forgotten you or you should be on here.
Dragonicwari - For being one of my two bestest friends online and for pushing me in pretty much any battle.

Usatoday - for being the other bestest friend and for giving me that one team that wrecks everything.

Mcdanger - Helping me test pretty much everything in any team ive tried to make, and for being a cool guy to talk to in general (thx for letting me complain to you too)

Psilo - Thanks for always helping me really early when i was just getting started with competitive, and for giving me the best team ideas and stuff

Mulder - Ew, one of these members rofl. Youre a cool person to talk to, and stockpile quagsire sucks ***.

Dr. Ciel - I suppose i should mention you even tho youre garbage, but ily anyway.

Electrolyte - For being the very first person i ever met for competitive pokemon. You're an amazing poster, and also thanks for getting me into Cutemons!

Sparkbeat - Like the above user, thanks for getting me into LC, and for beig a cool user to talk to!

Emeraldgoblin - for being there as a PASBL mentor and for being amazing at art and stuff <3

Dragonuser - Helping me test multiple teams, and especially helping me with this team

Crazy Rudolph - Lel **** your gay *** bame, make it normal like everything else! Thanks for giving me ev spreads for pokemon when i was too lazy to actually look it up.

Aura Sensai - hed get mad if i didnt post this

A Closer Look

This ones for you, you know who you are
Please leave well enough alone
Just because I'm not smiling doesn't mean I'm about to go
Don't pick me up I'm fine right where I am

excadrill.gif

Mole (Excadrill) @ Occa Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Excadrill here was the 2nd member of the team, after Talonflame. This is my favorite set in this team, because Occa Berry Exca is too strongk for the meta, and its an excellent check to things like Rotom-W, Heatran, Genesect, and other random fire type moves that i just want to tank for the fun of using occa berry excadrill. 168 Spe evs + Jolly nature outspeeds non invested Rotom-w, and non invested Heatran. Neither of which are a problem, because if rotom-w is invested, its either scarfed or the opponent is a ****tard, meaning talonflame can just power through rotom. Heatran doesnt matter, exca lives a lava plume and ohkoes with earthquake. If I'm in on something like Talonflame, I can easily set up rocks, through risk v reward playing. As i live the Flare Blitz IIRC and can easily switch into Rotom-W. Earthquake lets me ko key threats like heatran, rotom-w, and be an offensive threat in general. Iron Head is chosen over Rock Slide or something because why the **** not? It also allows me to beat air balloon carbink, who's strongk af in this meta im telling you. Lel. Swords Dance allows me to power through stall teams, and can give me a secondary win condition if for whatever reason rotom-w is their fastest pokemon, but if that happens then its either stall or the opponent is bad anyway. In the last slot, I originally used Rapid Spin, but i got seriously tired of being ****ed over by spin blockers like gourgeist, trevenant, and gengar. So instead, I chose to run Stealth Rocks, because my former SR member got replaced by something or another. All in all, this is the most fun to play pokemon on this team.

I see that you're changing,
From the one I knew,
To the one I'm used to.
And I know you're changing,
From the one I know,
To the one I don't!

talonflame.gif

Bird (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 164 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Brave Bird

Talonflame is one of the main threats in this meta, along with things like Mega Kanghaskhan, Aegislash, Zygarde, etc. Its also very useful, with priority Brave Bird, and blazing base 126 spe. It usually runs either a Bulk Up set or a Swords Dance set to sweep, but with the council of User Mcdanger, I decided to try Choice Band Talonflame, even though I think base 86 atk is kinda shite for a bander. However, after playing around with it, its really solid actually. Its a really good momentum grabber on things like Gourgeist, or trevenant, or anything using Will-o-Wisp really. Flare Blitz and Brave Bird both help clean up late game, as early game i generally stick to U-Turn. U-Turn also is excellent in Risk v reward situations, as if they don't switch, I generally know their set, and can predict the next move. Will o Wisp is a fourth slot filler thats come in handy a lot actually, burning major switchins like Rotom-w, Tyranitar, sometimes azumarill, Landorus-Therian, and is useful for that 12% damage. 164 evs outspeeds base 100s, namely Kanghaskhan, allowing me to check things like jirachi, kanghaskhan, and LO Genesect, and others. This is EXTREMELY useful to my team, as kanghaskhan is broken af so **** that thing. Normal switchins to talonflame are taken care of by members of the team, namely excadrill's mold breaker earthquake.

One day I'm expecting to pay for
The things I've done in this life.
I've tried to take my time,
But it never turns out right.
I know it's just a matter of time...

gourgeist-super.png

Plant (Gourgeist) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def/ 104 SpD
Impish
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-o-wisp
- Leech Seed

Originally, this slot was Mega Venusaur. And all was good. But because I wanted to use Mega Scizor, Mega Venusaur had to go. Not to mention the fact that Venusaur is just...meh. It really lacks good pivoting potential, and my team really needed something good to repeatedly switch in an out, and venusaur just couldnt cut it. Maybe I'm just bad :$ Next, in came amoonguss, and it was actually really good as a pivot. However, Mega Kang was really a ***** to play around, so I switched it for Gourgeist, and I absolutely love it. It also gives me the coveted Ghost type on my team, and it still performs the role of Azumarill check, as Play rough does around 60-70%, and I outspeed. Meaning, if I get in safely, I can burn it to pretty much make it useless. I decided to change the ev spread around some, using Darkerone's ev spread. This spread avoids the 2hko by Mega Kang Crunch, but it also gives me some Special Bulk to switch in to more stuff. Azumarill 2hkoed anyway. Or i suppose I could take 65% out of it with Seed Bomb, but **** that. Its unique typing is my main counter to Keldeo, Breloom, etc. Seed Bomb is on the set as obligatory STAB, and gets azumarill, keldeo, and others. It also catches Big Sena Diggersby. Shadow Sneak is really nice in priority thingies to pick off stray mons. Leech Seed is a decent momentum grabber, to sap 12% from incoming pokemon who arent grass type, and most grass types who would switch in are crippled by Will o Wisp, like Ferrothorn, Breloom, and even Mega Saur, to an extent (not that mega saur can do anything anyway). Frisk also comes in useful at times, mainly in scouting genesect's item, and to check if a pokemon might be mega or not.

All I want is for you to remember me,
Not sure I've done enough.
In the end this is only a melody,
I guess that I will just try my best to sleep
And I'll wake up wondering...

212-m.png

Bug (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SDef
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

I guess you could say this is the impromptu inspiration for the remake of a team. I really wanted to use a defogger somewhere in my team, and I also wanted to use Mega Scizor because a lot of users think its shite. **** you. And i've found its a really good pivot. Its special is bulk is on par with AV Tyranitar IIRC, without all that clutter from only attack moves. This thing is my main switchin to things like Latios, Starmie, Play Rough Azumarill, and more. I cannot stress how useful this pokemon is. Bullet punch is pretty much the obligatory move that is always put on scizor, and it comes in handy greatly in picking things off, like Gourgeist's Shadow Sneak! U turn is also a really good move, and forms a pretty nice core with both talonflame and rotom-w, in gaining momentum and weakening the opponent's team, hopefully ending in either a talonflame sweep or a zygarde sweep. Roost gives me some nice recovery that helps me out late game in walling threats, and lets me defog hazards all day long. Speaking of defog, this move is absolutely amazing. My team doesn't rely on hazards, so it doesnt mind the loss of them. Excadrill also puts enough pressure on the opponent where I can set up Rocks easily. Anyway, I love how Defog can't be stopped by a simple switch in to a ghost type, and isnt an attack so it cant take damage from stupid **** like spiky shield or iron barbs.

Let's get this straight
The moment that you met me was your biggest mistake.
One you'll never forget.

718.png

Slug (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extremespeed
- Outrage

Zygarde is a really solid threat in this meta. Like, super solid. Its pretty bulky, similar to Dragonite, but without multiscale, and as such it gets a lot of opportunities to set up. The slug normally runs this set, but without stone edge and extremespeed in its place. All credit to this goes to Dragonuser. Thx DU. Now, Stone Edge is run to get Togekiss, a normally good check to Zygarde. Because of the lack of extremespeed however, mega alakazam easily comes in and revenge kills me with its blazing speed. As such, 164+ is run to outspeed both it and mega gengar at +1. Extreme Speed allows me better revenge capabilities, as well as popping them balloons without missing or being stuck in Outrage. It also helps with Talonflame in gobbling up them Charizards and Mega Kanghaskhans. 152 Spe outspeeds so much at +1, anything beyond that is picked off by Extremespeed at +1. The rest is pushed into attack, and HP for some bulk. Earthquake is the main move i use for simple kills, and works well early game in forcing out heatran (**** burns). Outrage is always late game clean up, as even with the fairy type, my team generally handles each fairy type bar azumarill, who can be iffy depending if the opponent plays well. Lastly, Dragon Dance is the big bad set up move, and at +1 with everything weakened, it completely destroys things. I chose Leftovers over any other item because Leftovers is always the best and **** Life Orb.

Feeling alive for the very first time
I could die right now.
This is a declaration.
Just remember nothing is ever so bad
that it could not be worse.

479-wash.gif

Machine (Rotom-Wash) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Rest

Here we have without a doubt, one of the most overused pokemon in OU. With its ability to check/counter/whatever things like talonflame, mamoswine, sand rush excadrill, aegislash, and more, its a really good pivot for my team. It also forms a nice core with scizor, obviously. Not just one, but two cores! It also makes a FWG core with talonflame and gourgeist. Pretty neat how that came out to be in my opinion. Now I choose to use chestoresto rotom over pain split, even though im playing pokebank, because I just think its a much better pivot, and chestoresto allows me to carry on momentum far greater than pain split ever could. As such, Rest is the move of recovery. Volt switch is there to grab momentum and stuff, so i can just shift back and forth between rotom scizor and talonflame. Hydro pump is there as a Water STAB, in hopes to catch excadrill on the switch, but burning is usually better. I suppose its there to deter other ground types as well or something or other. Will o wisp i already mentioned, but it gets any physical threats that might switch in on it, such as tyranitar. I decided to switch WoW to Thunder Wave because it allows me to completely shut down Charizard X, as well as help Zygarde and Excadrill! I chose to run fully invested for maximum defensive bulk, as opposed to other crap ev spreads that try and outspeed mamoswine or whatever. Let me get this straight. There is NO reason you should be running 220 or so spe to outspeed, who doesnt threaten rotom w anyway. Rotom needs all the investment it can get to take on threats like azumarill and kanghaskhan.

Conclusion?

I suppose I should conclude this monstrosity. Again, a shoutout to all the people I listed above, and event to those i didnt list for whatever reason. This team is really fun to play with, if not for the novelty of occa berry excadrill, and it actually works, beating users such as Mcdanger (even if im bisharp weak :$), Usatoday (custap wob sucks this meta sorry .cri), it even beat Apollo77's team crustle :$ I dont have any ladder rankings because quite frankly the ladder is complete ****. Like, so bad i cant get past 1700 because of all the crap players run (I lost to toxic salamence at one point, let that sink in). Now it doesnt mean im bad. It means everyone else is bad and my badness cant keep up :$ Anyway, leave a rate!

Importable
Mole (Excadrill) @ Occa Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 168 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
- Stealth Rock

Bird (Talonflame) @ Choice Band
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 88 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 164 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Will-O-Wisp
- Brave Bird

Plant (Gourgeist) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Def/ 104 SpD
Impish Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Shadow Sneak
- Will-o-wisp
- Leech Seed

Bug (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Atk / 240 SDef
Careful Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- U-turn
- Defog

Slug (Zygarde) @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 104 HP / 252 Atk / 152 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake
- Extremespeed
- Outrage

Machine (Rotom-Wash) @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Thunder Wave
- Rest

Last edited:

Dragonicwari

Artistically angry
I think I faced this team when you were running Diggersby... I'll go through my replays one day and find that match... maybe... if I'm lucky. Anyways, onto the rate:

Most of the changes I can see happening are preference based. You know me, I like to play a tad defensive.

Gourgeist

Substitiute over Seed Bomb. Just the standard sub seed stuff, cept you got some advantages over other sub seeders. You have priority and can burn things. Losing Seed Bomb will cause you to lose offensive presence but like I said, anything I like will probably be more defensive than offensive. Also, if you want to be that guy, harvest+sitrus berry is really annoying to face when paired with sub and you may be able to stall out late game. I don't really recommend it over lefties though just because of consistency and stuff.

Mega Scizor

I've noticed when I play Pokebank Ou and I run Mega Scizor (which is more than I expected honestly) it's often what I use to take on Kanga. I haven't had a match in a while, but I personally didn't use roost very often when using a similiar Mega Scizor set. I tend to run Pursuit for trapping Mega Gar or Superpower for Mega Kan. Just something to keep in mind if either of those are giving you any issues.

Like I said during the Mega Scizor section, I haven't been too focused on mons lately. Just remember I love you and wouldn't have done this if you didn't ask :x

Klaus™

Banned
I think I faced this team when you were running Diggersby... I'll go through my replays one day and find that match... maybe... if I'm lucky. Anyways, onto the rate:

Most of the changes I can see happening are preference based. You know me, I like to play a tad defensive.

Gourgeist

Substitiute over Seed Bomb. Just the standard sub seed stuff, cept you got some advantages over other sub seeders. You have priority and can burn things. Losing Seed Bomb will cause you to lose offensive presence but like I said, anything I like will probably be more defensive than offensive. Also, if you want to be that guy, harvest+sitrus berry is really annoying to face when paired with sub and you may be able to stall out late game. I don't really recommend it over lefties though just because of consistency and stuff.

Mega Scizor

I've noticed when I play Pokebank Ou and I run Mega Scizor (which is more than I expected honestly) it's often what I use to take on Kanga. I haven't had a match in a while, but I personally didn't use roost very often when using a similiar Mega Scizor set. I tend to run Pursuit for trapping Mega Gar or Superpower for Mega Kan. Just something to keep in mind if either of those are giving you any issues.

Like I said during the Mega Scizor section, I haven't been too focused on mons lately. Just remember I love you and wouldn't have done this if you didn't ask :x
hey man thanks for the rate! Yeah seed bombs underwhelmingness has been brought up before. In all honesty ill be trying trick or treat soon, so charizard x is less of a threat and i can burn it if it tries to set up (if it isnt thunder waves already). However, if i go subserd i suppose i could change the evs around and eveything :$

As to scizor, im reluctant to do that, because even with its high base stat attack, 16 atk makes it hit extremely weak. Besides, pursuit usually kills momentum, allowing them a free switch in to something threatening, like azumarill or charizard x. I would rather u turn out, as gengar honestly isnt that big of a threat with bullet lunch, shadow sneak, zygarde, and rotom to get the shithead. I hope itll be banned anyways!

McDanger

Biggest threats i can see is Mega Gyarados while its not common, it can beat 5/6 pokemon on your team at +1 ohkoing them, while scizor is a 2-3 hit KO. While i like gourgeist, i feel it makes you give up momentum as unlike rotom, it cant do much offensively like rotom, I'd consider trevenant as its better as an offensive pivot then gourgeist, while still handling a lot of the same stuff but putting on offensive pressure to help your team. I also suggest e speed on zygard as togekiss isnt to common, while e speed helps with charizard x and mega kanga working with scizor and talonflame to revenge them.