• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Import Games

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Do you own any import games or import systems?

Please do not discuss about how you have a rom or emulator device. It is against the rules of this forum and you can get in trouble.

My DS Lite is an import from Japan. It's the Dialga & Palkia Edition that I got back in May 2007.

Nintendo DS
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan
Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2
Slide Adventure: Mag Kid

Wii
Captain Rainbow

I know the DS is region free so no worries about that, but the Wii isn't region free and I don't understand this. I have the homebrew channel for my Wii so I can play import games on my system. I tend to buy import games when the game is interesting to me and has no chance of coming out in English. I'm thinking of importing Chousojuu Mecha MG and Taiko no Tatsujin Wii.

If Nintendo released some of their games outside of Japan (like Captain Rainbow), then maybe I wouldn't be buying an import.

So what about you, do you own any import systems or games?

~Scott;229;

Last edited:

Wat.
I have two importated games, Pokemon Platinum and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Red Rescue Team.
I may import Nintendo DSi but most likely not.

Jaguar297

I'm back!
I imported Pokemon Diamond when it first came out. I thought it wasn't Pokemon when I first played it, but when it came here, to Canada, I knew it was real!

#Gecko#

The Essential One
No, too much trouble and money. I just wait till it it arrives in the US

Twilit Dragoon

*omnious thunderstorm*
I've only imported Pokemon Platinum, most times the games I want I can get at Walmart/Gamestop/etc.

Chris

Old Coot
In no real order...

GameCube
Battle Stadium D.O.N
Donkey Konga 3
One Piece Grand Battle! 3

DS
Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan
Moero! Nekketsu Rhythm Damashii Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 2
Pocket Monsters Diamond
Pocket Monsters Platinum
Dragon Ball DS
Chrono Trigger
Gyakuten Saiban 2
Gyakuten Saiban 3
Dragon Ball Z: Buku Ressen
Jump Ultimate Stars

Last edited:

The Thrashmeister

<-- Made of awesome.
Personally, I find importing a game that'll be released elsewhere in a matter of months to be a waste of money. I've only imported one game, but if I ever import again, it'll be for Japanese-exclusive software.

I've imported Kanji Sonomama Rabubiki Jiten, which is basically a Japanese/English dictionary for the DS.

MidnightScott

Super Gamer
Yeah, I won't import the game if it's going to come out in the US. Precisely why I won't be importing much, that and importing is pretty expensive sometimes.

~Scott;229;

latios reborn

I have only imported Platinum and Jump Ultimate Stars.

Spindash Master

Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan 1 and 2 are the only games I have imported just because I loved Elite beat agents so much. I didn't import it but I have a Japanese copy of Pokemon stadium 2 (1 here) that I found at goodwill. I didn't know the N64 was region locked so to play it I cut off the bottom corners on the back of the cartridge.

awlccl123

Nintendo DS
Pokemon Platinum
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Time

Game Boy Advance
MOTHER 3
MOTHER 1+2

Paden

OG swampert fan. <3
I haven't imported before, but I'm looking at Jump Ultimate Stars, I heard it's good. Do people still play online alot?

Bizziler

Ouendan 2. Worth importing as it was actually cheaper than EBA taking everything into account, and it's much less camp.

Chris

Old Coot
I haven't imported before, but I'm looking at Jump Ultimate Stars, I heard it's good. Do people still play online alot?
Yes, people still play it online.

Ouendan 2. Worth importing as it was actually cheaper than EBA taking everything into account, and it's much less camp.
lol wut? Ouendan itself is completely camp. EBA is the same exact thing, but with American music and made for a Western audience.

And how in the world does importing Ouendan 2 cost less than EBA? EBA's worth $20 or less at this point. Hell, most people are charging $10 to $15 for it.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
I don't normaly make a habit of imorting game as if they are comming out in the UK then I don't mind waiting but anyhoo lets see I have imported

Jump super stars
Mother 3
Pokemon Diamond (U.S)- but I brought the UK verison of Pearl

I was thinking of getting tatsunoko vs capcom but after what I heard about the nintendo update on the wii that put me right off which is a shame as Viewtiful Joe was in it.

latios reborn

I do want to import another couple of games but with the Aus dollar doing bad it's getting just as expensive as buying them here.

NinjaBaker

Ive never imported any game, I thought about it but I figure i can wait a few 6 months...

;munchlax;

Silverwing

Sea Ruby Trainer
I don't import, but that is mainly because I don't know Japanese. But, even if I did, I don't know how many games I would want. Only one game that I wanted never came to America (Mother 3). I'm also pretty patient, so I can wait a couple of months for the game to come out.

Krake

Flabebe's Kids
I don't import because most of the games are either released later to the US or don't sound interesting.

Opal Pikachu13

Imports? I got plenty.

Gameboy/ Gameboy Color
Pokemon Green

Gamecube
Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 3
Naruto Gekitou Ninja Taisen 4
Dream Mix TV World Fighters
Bleach GC

Nintendo DS
Pokemon Pearl
Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow
Naruto Shinobi Retsuden (Japanese Naruto Ninja Destiny)
Naruto Saikyo Ninja Daikesshu 4 (Japanese Ninja Council 3)

Nintendo Wii
Super Smash Bros Brawl
Naruto Shippuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX
Naruto Shippuden Gekitou Ninja Taisen EX2

Yeah, that's my import list. Brawl, Pokemon Pearl, and Castlevania I got all before they came in the US. I am getting Naruto Shippuden GNT EX3 this week.

Last edited: