• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Importance of Pokemon School

The school isn't important. The show just likes to exaggerate sometimes, but it's been more like a clubhouse or party than an actual educational facility.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I never had huge expectations for Kukui-hakase's lessons, but I will admit that the school setting hasn't worked out well, because Satoshi doesn't seem any smarter now than he was before. So it makes him attending class feel like a waste of time.

SatoSereFan224888

To be honest, I wished Ash never went to school. It was pointless. He should have just traveled alone in Alola and then he would get less distracted.

AznKei

Dawn & Chloe by ddangbi
To be honest, I wished Ash never went to school. It was pointless. He should have just traveled alone in Alola and then he would get less distracted.
The thing is that Hawaii, in which is Alola is based off, isn't really a good place to travel on your own around in a long period of time as all the main islands are small and compact. Sure they did it in the games but they have to use the ferries and Charizard to travel between the Alolan islands.

Leonhart

Imagineer
SatoSereFan224888 said:

Knowing him, he would have gotten distracted no matter where he went, but I do wish that he had traveled more instead of getting bogged down at the school for most of SM.

SatoSereFan224888

Knowing him, he would have gotten distracted no matter where he went, but I do wish that he had traveled more instead of getting bogged down at the school for most of SM.

I said less distracted. I didn't say he would not get distracted but what I was trying to say was he got distracted not as often.

The thing is that Hawaii, in which is Alola is based off, isn't really a good place to travel on your own around in a long period of time as all the main islands are small and compact. Sure they did it in the games but they have to use the ferries and Charizard to travel between the Alolan islands.

Well he would have had a GPS to get around with RotomDex then call the Charizard Glide to get from trial to trial.

Zhydra

Master of Chaos!
The school setting mattered here as much as most SOL with a school setting.

The school is a back drop for what is really going on. I don't mind it, but this can be expanded into something... that might be the best of both worlds. What if Galar's cities become hub zones in the anime?

Last edited:

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I wonder now if we'll even see Ash graduate from the school when SuMo ends or if that'll just be skipped altogether.

D

Deleted member 384931

What do they learn here that a) Ash does not know yet? b) he cannot learn in another way?

D

Deleted member 384931

Yeah, the school setting would work better with a new protagonist.
I would rather have Ash being a teacher lol. He has much know-how about pokemon, types and could introduce them to different things from Contest and Performances to different kind of battles. I would liked this outcome.

Jeal

I would rather have Ash being a teacher lol. He has much know-how about pokemon, types and could introduce them to different things from Contest and Performances to different kind of battles. I would liked this outcome.
Well, do you remember when he tried to explain the evolution to Bonnie?

pokedigijedi

Saiyan Jedi
Not gonna lie, even I thought the school was going to be important and would've been ticked off if he failed to graduate it (constantlylosing a tournament is bad enough, failing school is unacceptable) but as the Alola arc went on and as people pointed out to me the school serves no purpose. I was too stubborn to listen.

But now I feel like the writers shouldn't of bothered, Ash arguably had a vacationer mentality throughout the arc and as far as I am concerned didn't improve at all, any "improvements" he had were just the illusion of change in my opinion

Leonhart

Imagineer
KenzeyEevee said:

Satoshi's knowledge of Pokemon isn't as extensive as some people think, however. He's much too inconsistent with what he knows to actually teach others about Pokemon.