• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Impossible Evolutions? (Mt. Coronet, Moss Rock, et cetera)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Incidenatally in Platinum, I found you don't even need to be near the rocks (Moss and Icy) in order for Eevee to evolve.

I had just entered Eterna Forest, and my Eevee levelled up, and it tried to evolve. I almost missed that, and I would have ended up with a Modest Leafeon nicknamed Auroreon. haha Same with the Icy Rock on whatever route it's found on.

It's like that in diamond and pearl, too. Your exact location compared to the rock doesn't matter. Eevee will evolve into Leafeon when leveled up anywhere in the Eterna Forest (though not in the Old Chateau, nor in that narrow path outside the forest that requires Cut). And into Glaceon anywhere on Route 217.

As for HGSS handling these evolutions;

Leafeon: Leaf Stone. It's what they should've done in the first place, and don't give me any of that "it could've been done before" crap, the same can be said for Lickitung and Piloswine's evolutionary methods.

Glaceon: New key item, Icy Stone, which works in the same vein as the Gracidea, except it works all times of the day and evolves Eevee to Glaceon. Will become a regular item in Generation V, I'm sure.

Magnezone/Probopass: See Glaceon, except replace Icy Stone with Magnet Stone, Eevee with Magneton/Nosepass, and Glaceon with Magnezone/Probopass.

Also, I predict that in future generations, Espeon and Umbreon will be evolveable via Sun and Moon stones, respectively LIKE THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN IN THE FREAKING FIRST PLACE!

Cool Frood

<-- Feelin' Blue...
Does it really matter that much? You couldn't get all the GSC pokemon in FR/LG, and now you (probably) won't be able to get all the DP pokemone in HGSS. Just find someone to trade with, and that should solve the problem. Otherwise, they'll just place the new evolutionary methods in new locations.

lotr297

wahaha
What about Mt. Mortar? That way you dont have wait til the end of the game to evolve your Mageton/Nosepass

Armored Zangoose

Moss Rock in Ilex Forest, Ice Rock in Ice Path. Replace Mt. Coronet with Dark Cave. Poffins and Contests will probaby be added to the game, probably somewhere in Kanto- Pewter or Cerulean City most likely.

surfer treecko

Highly Explosive
Hold items, pobably. I like the idea of moving the places needed to evolve them, but items seem to be one of Nintendo's solutions to problems like this.

MKFC

Shade of Blue
They might do it PMD2-style with hold items like a "Mt. Coronet Stone" or something

Wiway

Conqueror of Isshu
They´ll simply have to add specific coding for some areas in the game that are identical with those in D/P/Pt so they can for example make certain Pokémon evolve in a specific area,"Mt. Coronet" or "Moss Rock" or else are only the names of the D/P/Pt places where some Pokémon can evolve,it will somehow be enabled in SS/HG too in other places.

fire fan 888

u probably have to trade to the game. (If they will allow it)
(if this was announced then forgive me) how do we know sinnoh pokemon can be obtained in this game anyway?

revolvingscott

Erm, you won't evolve them in the game? You have to trade from DPPt to get any of them, that's what Nintendo/Game Freak will do because it will get them more money (always think of money when thinking of Nintendo.)

Starrbuck06

Erm, you won't evolve them in the game? You have to trade from DPPt to get any of them, that's what Nintendo/Game Freak will do because it will get them more money (always think of money when thinking of Nintendo.)
I agree. You had to trade withR/S to evolve Eevee into Espeon/Umbreon, same with HGSS trade to DPPt.

MetalFlygon08

Haters Gonna Hate
The coronet stone could be a hold item, "a rare stone from a distant land" and having magneton or nosey hold(since it's smaller it needs to be closer to the pokemon using it) it would trigger the evolution upon leveling up. only have like 3 available in-game, but buyable in the pewter museum as suviniors.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
"Magnet Stone"? They already have a "Magnet". A Magnet Stone makes no sense.

Golde

Always Searching~
I'm honestly surprised why no one made a topic about this earlier (a.k.a. yesterday).

I'm just going to assume that's it's either...

1) Going to occur in other places that give off the same aura, i.e., maybe Mt. Mortar or maybe Mt. Silver has the same magnetic waves, as Mt. Coronet.

2) It's impossible (I hope)

Torpoleon

I'm pretty certain HGSS can connect with D/P/Pt. That would give certain Pokemon the ability to evolve. Besides, HGSS would probably have its National Dex go up to 493.

SupremeJudicator

Still gotta catch 'em all!
I heard an interesting idea in another forum concerning the Mt. Coronet evo's. There could be an item that's a rock from a "far away mountain" that has strange magnetic powers and can be attached to said pokemon; when they level up with that attatched they evolve. And maybe they could do something similar with the eeveelutions?

Kenmei

Eien
Yeah, and there arent pokeblocks in kanto or johto, so IDK what they would do...

maybe a item for it?

Ice rock could go in ice path and moss rock could go to viridian foest or ilex forest...

1. You need to work on your grammar. You went from present to past tense in one sentence.
2. You can't say there are none in Johto because the idea of contests didn't exist when Johto games were out.
3. If you remember from the anime, there are contests in Johto.
4. Even though the games aren't based off the anime, they will more than likely have contests. FR and LG not having contests was a huge complaint.
5. It's a remake. It wont be exactly alike the actual games.
6. They didn't have PokeBlocks in Sinnoh either. They had Poffins. Just pointing that out.

For the area evolutions..

I can see this:

-Glaceon - Ice Cave
-Leafeon - Ilex Forest
-Mt. Coronet Evolutions - Any of the mountains. Maybe Dark Cave or Mt. Silver?

Status
Not open for further replies.