• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Impossible Evolutions? (Mt. Coronet, Moss Rock, et cetera)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cruisercard

Maybe the Shrine in Ilex forest or something
If not that I don't think they'd put two important things in one area.

Darkness of Zero

Touhou Fanatic
Ilex = Celebi. Your own logic says says that they won't do it, then.

paipr_christian

grass type fan.
maybe they will do the rocks in the forest, and the ice path. maybe they will have two scientist that are studying pieces of the two rocks in johto, and you bring the pokes there.

dman_dustin

I'm thinking they'll do what they did in Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness, evolve Eevee by some hold item. Like the ice rock shard, or the moss rock shard, or whatever (that you get as a prize for spending 64 battle points from the Battle Tower they might implement in the game).

For the Mt. Coronet evolutions they could do the same or they could just create a new area, like Sevii Islands in FR/LG, with a special mountain that has the same magnetic properties as Mt. Coronet thus allowing one Magneton or Probopass to evolve. This option could also apply to the eevee's. Have two caves on the same "island" one that's icy inside with an icy rock in the middle. And the other full of "moss" with the moss rock in the middle.

thunderblade12

They can always add new areas.

They can easily add a moss rock to Ilex Forest and an ice rock in the Ice Cave.

There can be a hidden cave which can have a strong magnetic force. Nosepass and Magneton can evolve here.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Isn't it obvious? To evolve them you have to *gasp* trade.

DYLANJON

FC: 4855 8997 3020
How do you think they will have Pokemon like Magneton and Nosepass evolve when there is no Mt. Coronet? And for the Eeveelutions Leafeon and Glaceon, how do you think they'll evolve?

Any unexplicable evolutions should be discussed here.

You'd trade from D/P, like Celebi, it isn't findable in DP, but it can be traded to DP, once the games come out.

Khamul

Fail Meister
Maybe they'll use Mt.Silver like Mt.Coronet they are both mountains.
There is the Ice Cave also, but I'm sure they'll think of something.

arceus03

They can always add new areas.

They can easily add a moss rock to Ilex Forest and an ice rock in the Ice Cave.

Nah. Can't see that happening. Maybe a new area opens up post-E4, though. Just not before. Remember the Golbat who tried to evolve in FRLG? Same goes here. The new Eeveelutions and Magnezone wouldn't be in the Johto Dex, so.....

Isn't it obvious? To evolve them you have to *gasp* trade.

Dear me. Hope not. >.<

pokeguru

I like to play hero!
I hope these happen:

Eevee evolves into Leafeon by LeafStone
Eevee evolves into Glaceon if it learns Ice Beam
Magneton evolves into Magnezone when you level it up while holding a Metal Coat

Zalman

Master of Puppets
Hmm, good question... They'll prob'ly use old places, like Mt. Silver.

Also, do you think they will include gen 3 and 4 Pokémon at all in the game? In my opinion they should upgrade the gyms and the elite four after you battled them once, and give them Pokémon from every gen.

What do you think?

Camby

< OH HAI!
Hmm, I like this question.
game freak is sure to come up with something.

Maybe you will give your eevee to oak and he will evolve it or something.
(post E4 of course)

League

Master Abra Catcher
They could be key items, or else you'd be force to trade. I don't like the idea of landscape being altered unless it's in the form of longer routes, bigger cities, stuff to fill the game. Perhaps they could be in buildings (some guy's rock collection?), and force you to use a rare candy. Otherwise, this type of thing is a little much to speculate about.

dman_dustin

Nah. Can't see that happening. Maybe a new area opens up post-E4, though. Just not before. Remember the Golbat who tried to evolve in FRLG? Same goes here. The new Eeveelutions and Magnezone wouldn't be in the Johto Dex, so.....

They should be because it really makes no sense other than to serve as a nostalgia moment. Honestly if you met the requirements for a Pokemon to evolve it should evolve. Which would happen if they redid the Pokedex to include new evolutions and Pre-evolutions. Now keep in mind that only includes Pokemon from Kanto and Johto. So something like Probopass wouldn't be added because it comes from a third gen Pokemon. Thus it can wait until after you get the national dex. But something like Gliscor, Magnezone, and such should be included simply because they have ties to 1st gen and 2nd gen Pokemon. Someone already mentioned the Pokemon that would be included and it was I don't know 20 Pokemon, that isn't a horrible number to add to the Johto Dex.

Dawn_Hero

Written Insanity~
How do you think they will have Pokemon like Magneton and Nosepass evolve when there is no Mt. Coronet? And for the Eeveelutions Leafeon and Glaceon, how do you think they'll evolve?

Any unexplicable evolutions should be discussed here.

Well, it seems like Mount Silver or whatever will be given the same qualities as Mt. Coronet. That would be the most logical thing to me, anyways. Moss rock could probably be found in the Ilex forest, and Ice rock or w/e could be found in the snow cave? Who knows, but it could work.

It seems like everything could work out :3

Hmmm...
They could still evolve, if Nintendo stuck a Moss Rock in Ilex Forest, and a Ice Rock in Ice Cave, which makes sense, but the Pokemon who evolve in Mt. Coronet wouldn't be able to evolve, unless at Mt. Silver, but they haven't made any references that Mt Silver has a magnetic field. So they couldn't evolve there.

So you'd just have to transfer them over, just like how you couldn't get Umbreon and Espeon in FireRed and LeafGreen, so you had to transfer them over to R/S/E to make Eevee to evolve into them.

dman_dustin

So you'd just have to transfer them over, just like how you couldn't get Umbreon and Espeon in FireRed and LeafGreen, so you had to transfer them over to R/S/E to make Eevee to evolve into them.

Only one problem, if they pull a Celio on us in this game then we wouldn't be able to get "Magnezone" until after the national dex (or if I'm mistaken until after the elite four). Or you could go the long way, trade to a Heart Gold, Soul Silver Game that can trade to D/P/P trade the evolution back to the HGSS cartridge and then trade over to the fresh cartridge. That is also assuming Magnezone is even in the Johto dex.

If need be they could just add a HGSS exclusive area at Cianwood "Island" where you could evolve those Pokemon.

If need be they could just add a HGSS exclusive area at Cianwood "Island" where you could evolve those Pokemon.

Your not the only person to speculate that as well, I've heard a few people in the forums, say a Cianwood Island Area, or an extra route going south of cianwood, I doubt it would happen, as it seems that they'd have other areas to worry about, and plus, there would be a major route gap.

freedomrise

personally, I don't think heartgold and soulsilver will be that much different to the original gold and silver. If we consider Leafgreen and Firered, they had barely any worthwhile additions to them. I just see the heartgold and soulsilver as a way to get money off fans like us with minimal effort.

As far as I believe, they will be 95% the same to the originals, except graphic, sound and gameplay enhancements, perhaps with a few added area that will have unlikely impact upon the rest of the game.

~-Overheat-~

Black/White!
Ice Rock: in ice path
Moss Rock: in illex forest

As for Magneton and Nosepass: Mt. Silver

Easy alternatives.

Status
Not open for further replies.