• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Impossible Evolutions? (Mt. Coronet, Moss Rock, et cetera)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harkett

whatisthisidonteven
How do you think they will have Pokemon like Magneton and Nosepass evolve when there is no Mt. Coronet? And for the Eeveelutions Leafeon and Glaceon, how do you think they'll evolve?

Any unexplicable evolutions should be discussed here.

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Well, in FR/LG Milotic, Umbreon, Espeon, Dustox, and Beautifly (I'm postive about the first three, not totally sure about the two bugs) could not be obtained through evolving their lower forms. You had to trade them to RSE to do it. This was because FR/LG had no clock, not even an internal one like RSE, so Eevee and Wurmple had no way of knowing who to evolve into. And the lack of Pokeblock or visible Contest Stats made it impossible to max Feebas' beauty.

It won't be a problem for Umbreon, Espeon, Dustox, or Beautifly now since they have a clock, but for the Area Evos who knows. They might make you have to trade to DPt to evolve them, or they might make new areas with simmilar properties.

lindsy95

FC: 4428-2451-8791
Yeah, and there arent pokeblocks in kanto or johto, so IDK what they would do...

maybe a item for it?

Ice rock could go in ice path and moss rock could go to viridian foest or ilex forest...

Last edited:

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Koji, the bugs don't evolve based on the time, it's due to some mathematical bull that the likes of Gravy can't ever hope to computate within his tiny brain.

In any case, this seems like a fairly easy fix. The eeveelutions required rocks could very easily be placed in Ilex Forest and the Ice Path near Mahogany town, while Magneton and Nosepass could be explained away via the signals from the radio tower or something.

Tyrannotaur

Tyranitar Trainer
Well putting a Moss covered rock and a Frozen rock in the remakes isn't that hard. The Moss covered rock can go in Illex forest somewhere. The Frozen rock can go in the beginning of the ice cave, or if they add snow to that area.

Hopefully they will keep contests.. maybe that's what they where building in Veridian city? That way we can get Milotic without trading.

Also Mt. Silver could maybe give off the same magnetic forces as Mt. Coronet? That could be a way to get Magnezone and Probopass.

Last edited:

Korobooshi Kojiro

Funnnngaaaaa
Koji, the bugs don't evolve based on the time, it's due to some mathematical bull that the likes of Gravy can't ever hope to computate within his tiny brain.

I thought it had to do with RSE's built-in clock (the one the berries growth was based on)?

I do think this equation was lacking in FR/LG though...Bulbapedia is down, but pretty sure my FR/LG Player's guide mentioned they couldn't.

EDIT: Yep, just checked. My Nintendo Power player's guide atleast mentions that Wurmple won't evolve in FireRed/LeafGreen.

Last edited:

Draknir

Fear the Deer
Wurmple CAN evolve. I know. I've evolved two into Silcoon.

Still, it wouldn't be too hard to make a Moss Rock and Frozen Rock in Johto/Kanto. They could even make it so Magneton evolves in Mt. Silver.

Gentleman Skeleton

Well, in FR/LG Milotic, Umbreon, Espeon, Dustox, and Beautifly (I'm postive about the first three, not totally sure about the two bugs) could not be obtained through evolving their lower forms. You had to trade them to RSE to do it. This was because FR/LG had no clock, not even an internal one like RSE, so Eevee and Wurmple had no way of knowing who to evolve into. And the lack of Pokeblock or visible Contest Stats made it impossible to max Feebas' beauty.

It won't be a problem for Umbreon, Espeon, Dustox, or Beautifly now since they have a clock, but for the Area Evos who knows. They might make you have to trade to DPt to evolve them, or they might make new areas with simmilar properties.

Actually, Wurmple evolves based off of its binary code, not the time of day. There's a personality value that can't be calculated within Wurmple's code that determines whether it becomes a Silcoon or Cascoon. As for Eevee's new evolutions, I think new areas will be opened up in Ilex Forest and the Ice Cave once you get the National Pokedex. Nosepass and Magnemite will probably evolve in another hidden room in Mt. Silver.

Lucario_Dragon

Aren't you forgetting what they did in the mystery dungeon series?
There was an item called Coronet rock or something that you use to evolve magneton etc.
Tyrannotaur is right, they can easily add moss/ice rocks into the games.

Brandon96

Dark Trainer
For Glaceon and Leafeon, all you need is a location that is like a forest, and another that is cold. It's not neccessarily ONLY Moss/Icy Rock that evolves them. It is their unstable genetic stuff (Whatever it says in the pokedex) that makes eevee evolve.

Also with the Mt. Cornet thing, you just need a place that is electrical.

the moss rock can go in the illex forest, the ice rock in near the ice cave. its not that hard

said in the previous post, mt. silver can give the same forces as mt. coronet, and they'll probably add contests somewhere in the game, so there's bound to be an evolutionary method for feebas

aclover

VICTORiOUS
how about the lighthouse evolving them with amphy using a thunger wave to make them evolve with prlz

It is not hard to correct it, but it is going to be more likely that you will have to trade it over already evolved from Diamond/Pearl/Platinum. But otherwise, they might put triggers in Ice cave and Ilex forest/Viridian forest as said before and as for the Mt.Coronet people...probably going to be somewhere in Mt.Silver or Mt.Moon.

foxyman1167

From Zero To Hero

They could always give some use to the downed Power Plant in the Kanto region? Make a little side mission of it, like get a powerful Electric type to "jumpstart" the Plant, maybe Jasmine's Amphy? After that, the Power Plant gives off electrical waves that can evolve Magneton and Nosepass.

Drako

Darkness Eternal
I think with these new set of games, nintendo may decide to make them much more comprehensive and independant than fr and lg. We may see the area's present where evee can evolve (not sure about the ice rock though). Ofcourse it was gold and silver that first implemented the clock based system, so I'm confident that will return.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
For Glaceon and Leafeon, all you need is a location that is like a forest, and another that is cold. It's not neccessarily ONLY Moss/Icy Rock that evolves them. It is their unstable genetic stuff (Whatever it says in the pokedex) that makes eevee evolve.

Incidenatally in Platinum, I found you don't even need to be near the rocks (Moss and Icy) in order for Eevee to evolve.

I had just entered Eterna Forest, and my Eevee levelled up, and it tried to evolve. I almost missed that, and I would have ended up with a Modest Leafeon nicknamed Auroreon. haha Same with the Icy Rock on whatever route it's found on.

Kakashi-Sharingan Warrior

Magneton and Nosepass - Mt. Silver
Leafeon and Glaceon - They'd put the stones somewhere in Kanto (or Johto, if they do expand the Johto dex to non-Post-Gen-2-Pokemon)

Status
Not open for further replies.