• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Impossible Evolutions? (Mt. Coronet, Moss Rock, et cetera)

Status
Not open for further replies.
...You DO Know There Was No Such Thing As A Leafeon In G/S/C Right?

...Huh, that's what I was talking about. You won't be able to get Leafeon in Johto, but MAYBE Kanto or some other after-E4 area . But NOT pre-E4 Johto, specially NOT Ilex Forest/Ice Path.

Zenotwapal

have a drink on me
New locations to put these evolution places in...

or more STONES!

the only solutions i can think of!

yeminied

I would like it if they put Ice and Moss rock in the Seafoam Islands and Viridian City to evolve Eevee into Glaceon and Leafeon.

To evolve Magneton and Nosepass there should be a top secret area that opens up in Mount Moon where that giant moon stone is. There's an 80% chance of finding a Clefairy there and a 20% chance of finding a Clefable. This room is where you are able to evolve Magneton and Nosepass. There should also be a large corridor leading up to it which is littered with rock smash rocks, strength boulders and large mounds of mold which you need cut to get past, that could be a new feature. I love speculating, it's so much fun. Yeah, these places should only be in Kanto after the elite four.

chrombot

The Steel Hearted
I really buy into the idea you wont be able to get them. Would it be so terrible if you had to trade to get them? It would help keep them sort of special or unique to the sinnoh region. As people have said, no espeon, umbreon or milotic in FR/LG. Also, in Ru/Sa, stones are kind of limited and more rare, where as in Fr/Lg, they're rather abundant.

I think in this game they should allow eevee to evolve using a leaf stone, I have no idea how you could get Glaceon though, unless through trades.
That's probably one of the main reasons Pokemon like Magnezone etc were created, so trainers would have to trade, makes sense to me.

Shadow Eeveelution

DracLord Dread
I think we need to trade from DPPt for the 3 Pokemon.....

AncientMew

Training since 1998
They could evolve by levelling up when a poke that was caught on Mt Coronet, Ice Rock or Moss Rock was in the party, if you had like a snover caught on the ice route and a wurmple caught in the forest then the eevee would evolve depending on which is closest to the top spot of the party.

Massively unlikely but I just thought I'd show you all that there are millions of way they could do this.

Pokemonwarrior

I Am Your Nightmare
Easy all pokemon that need the mountain to evolve will just need to go to mt. silver and moss covered rock will be moved to the woods of Johto and ice covered rock will be in Ice cave simple.

Last edited:

Misaki-chi

loves Rutger
In previous generations, some Pokémon were only obtainable through trading from other 'pairs' (FRLG, RS, etc.), so I don't see why this should be any different. Ice and Moss Rocks are easy to replicate though.

Dublin

Infractions are fun!
As long as there will be a 'Strong magnetic energy' Magnetron, ect will evolve.
I'm thinking that Moss Rock will be in a forest (Viridian?) and Ice rock in Ice cave or that island Articuno was on in Gen 1.

Wolverine13

Weapon X
You probably just have to get them all through a trade but of course I'm to lazy to think of any better ideas.

I've been wondering this for a long time while thinking up ideas for potential future gen. games. I figure they would either leave it up to you to trade the pokemon over from a game where you are able to evolve them, or just come up with some new items like they did in the mystery dungeon games. In Time and Darkness you use items to evolve nosepass, magneton, etc. because there is no Mt. Coronet, Eterna Forest, or any of those other spots. These games could easily do the same.

Sonic15

May Fanboy
I like the idea of those Pokemon being exlusive to DPP.
It will also feel good having only 5 eevee options again. (7 is too much imo)

CharizardFire6

Charizard Trainer
I think there will be a Mossy Rock in Ilex Forest (and/or in Viridian Forest if it is an actual dungeon in HG/SS) and a Frozen Rock in Ice Path (and/or in the Seafoam Island cave if it is an actual dungeon in HG/SS).
As for the "Mt. Coronet" deal, I think Magnezone and Probopass will be able to evolve in Mt. Moon and/or Mt. Silver.

Of course, Magneton, Eevee, and Nosepass most likely won't be able to evolve into Magnezone, Leafeon/Glaceon, and Probopass (respectively) until after you get the National Pokedex.

drake13

Ryukishi
it wouldn't be necessary to put such things because you can get them from DPPt...we should argue with this in the next generation and region, if there will be...but if you want my opinion, i would say that the post before me is a good place for those evolution thingy...

I am M

Well I'd guess that they'll replace them with new places, like Rt. 217 with Ice Cave, Eterna Forest with Ilex Forest, and Mt. Coronet with Mt. Silver or Mt. Mortar

PKMN KING

Ozymandias
-Ice cave -----> Ice Rock
-Ilex Forest ---> Moss Rock
-Magnezone, probopass ------> Mt Silver, Mt Moon, Mewtwo cave(?), Basement Mt Mortar (?)

Feraligatr001

Silver Trainer
i think they are gona have items (like in XD for espeon and umbreon) or some new landmarks will be avaliable for use. Another possibility such areas as the ice cave or ilex forest are also possibitlities for these pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.