• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Impossible Master Rank Contests

Thowra

The Silver Brumby
Is it just me, or are the contests in Sinnoh about a billion times harder than the contests in Hoenn? I was able to get all contest ribbons in Hoeen, but so far I've only managed to get the cute master ribbon in Sinnoh, and that was only through sheer luck.

I've never been able to make the crowd 'go wild' like the contests in Hoenn, is there some trick to this? Seems like the AI just does everything to troll you from getting the crowd excited. When you need everyone to pick the same judge no one does, and when you want to be the only one to perform for a judge everyone magically decides to do the same. It's like there's some algorithm (which there probably is) that's specifically calculated to prevent you from winning at all costs.

Has anyone actually managed to win all 5 ribbons? Unfortunately because you can't erase a Pokemon's condition like you can with EV training, my Altaria is stuck with a maxed crappy condition (I fed it really bad berries when I was a little kid playing sapphire because I didn't understand anything about contests and only wanted to make it happy...) so yeah, I'm always screwed on the first part of the visual contest. But I usually get full score on the dance, and I know as long as I can make the crowd go wild I can win, but of course I never do.

Has anyone ever managed to get the crowd wild? If so, how?

dirkac

I smash your Boxes.
Is it just me, or are the contests in Sinnoh about a billion times harder than the contests in Hoenn? I was able to get all contest ribbons in Hoeen, but so far I've only managed to get the cute master ribbon in Sinnoh, and that was only through sheer luck.

I've never been able to make the crowd 'go wild' like the contests in Hoenn, is there some trick to this? Seems like the AI just does everything to troll you from getting the crowd excited. When you need everyone to pick the same judge no one does, and when you want to be the only one to perform for a judge everyone magically decides to do the same. It's like there's some algorithm (which there probably is) that's specifically calculated to prevent you from winning at all costs.

Has anyone actually managed to win all 5 ribbons? Unfortunately because you can't erase a Pokemon's condition like you can with EV training, my Altaria is stuck with a maxed crappy condition (I fed it really bad berries when I was a little kid playing sapphire because I didn't understand anything about contests and only wanted to make it happy...) so yeah, I'm always screwed on the first part of the visual contest. But I usually get full score on the dance, and I know as long as I can make the crowd go wild I can win, but of course I never do.

Has anyone ever managed to get the crowd wild? If so, how?

I got them all.

And like you said, when everything goes wrong, you should instead of doing what should normally give the most points, the least points, as that is what I did to get all contest ribbons on my Regice (got all of them).

But, you should try using another Pokémon, and if you have other people to play with, aim making Mild Poffins, as they drastically raise allyour contest stats.

Thowra

The Silver Brumby
Well, the issue is I only want them on my Altria, and she's already been maxed by low level berries. I usually only get 1-2 hearts in the visual contest, so everything depends on the acting part and getting the crowd to go wild.

But you suggestion of using the move that yields the least points is vey interesting, I think I might give that a try and see how it goes.