• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Impossible Mistakes in Pokemon

Lupin

Legendary Pokémon Coordinator
MasterJedi said:
Don't know if this is true in Japan but in the dub they have said before that they have ordered them. Must have been overnight delivery. :p

Must have ordered it from the ACME Co, they do insante delivery right?

Ralts Master

Knight of White Eye
Seijiro Mafuné said:
Okay, this is the most probable answer as to how Team Rocket gets all those mechas and stuff...

They buy it from ACME.
That... explains a hell of a lot...

Poke Master 7

Boulder Trainer
how about how TR always says there low on cash yet they always buy these huge robots
and how in most cases how when a pokemon is captured it suddenly bcomes obedient to the one who captured it

Last edited:

Chris

Old Coot
*siiiigh*

First of all, anyone mentioning quotes from the dub as mistakes outta know most of those mistakes are NOT in the original version. 4Kids has been dubbing the series for nearly 7 years and STILL doesn't know anything about the show they're working on.

Second, DO NOT BRING REAL LIFE PHYSICS INTO AN ANIMATED SHOW. If a Water Gun can cause a FIREY EXPLOSION just by hitting the ground, then obviously the show's not going to be as realistic as possible.

"lolz ash survived flamthrowr how?!11"

May as well ask how Elmer Fudd survives a gunshot to the head after inspecting his gun through the holes when thinking "No mo' buwets." Or how Wily Coyote is STILL chasing Road Runner after having taken gigantic boulder, anvils and other ton-weighing objects to his entire body.

And for the whole "show stopping while person thinks," this is not just in Pokémon. This sorta thing occurs in other shows.

Inuyasha639

? ? ? ??* ? ??* ? ? ? ?
I do have to agree with TR or the gang being dead right now with a lot of stuff happening to them (e.g shocked with 1,000 volts, being in an exploding robot, and getting blasted off with pokemon attacks) No one can survive those. And yet they come back in the next episode as good as new and as if nothing happened to them. And I don't get how TR can go to space in "Take This House and Shuppet" and fall back on Earth like there was gravity in space. I don't get how in one episode (in "Gaining Groudon" or "Legend of Scuffles, I didn't watch it) Brock, May, and Max was sent underwater and come back to the surface ok and that they didn't drown.

D

Dipper_11

ive seen misnamed pokemon in the trainers choice recently

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
[sigh] This is what I hate most about threads like these.... people will bring up mistakes in the English dub. You'd think it'd be common knowledge by now that a mistake in the dub, especially on something like the Trainer's Choice, is more than likely NOT there in the original Japanese version. And who wants to bet someone will wander in here under the assumption that 4kids makes Pokemon (if it hasn't happened here already.... I read through this thread, but my memory's not perfect, so....)?

Last edited:

Fatal

Banned
Rukario639 said:
I do have to agree with TR or the gang being dead right now with a lot of stuff happening to them (e.g shocked with 1,000 volts, being in an exploding robot, and getting blasted off with pokemon attacks) No one can survive those. And yet they come back in the next episode as good as new and as if nothing happened to them. And I don't get how TR can go to space in "Take This House and Shuppet" and fall back on Earth like there was gravity in space. I don't get how in one episode (in "Gaining Groudon" or "Legend of Scuffles, I didn't watch it) Brock, May, and Max was sent underwater and come back to the surface ok and that they didn't drown.

Yes, also in the episode with Lapras, Ash is underwater for like 1 minute and nothing happens to him.

DeoxysTrainer

Veteran Trainer
Geki said:
I agree, I hate when Ash commands one of his Pokemon to do something quick to save someone, and he talks for like 30 seconds before the Pokemon does the command.
Ash has the power to freeze time!

johnnyd2

UBER FLAMER!
i have one to add, i just watched part of the first misty hoso and i wondered, why does she go "OMG IM GONNA DIE!!shift111" When arboks poison stings are heading for her in that episode with marril yet she survives getting hit by a CRAPLOAD of them from the trio of tentacruel (and that doesnt even count the tackle). Unconcious is all that happens? Judging from misty's reaction in the marril episode, potential death seems more likely (yeah she probably wouldve drowned if it werent for gyarados (SP?) but that wouldnt have been from the poison!). Thats craziness right there.

Faerie

MONS
CyberCubed said:
Or...the fact that Ash is their main character and incredibly popular, and the writers don't care what a few whiny teens on a message board have to say.
And preteens, in my case. >D

Anywhoo, I don't see how either of these things are possible:

1. Team Rocket gets 'blasted off' in almost every episode. Don't you think they'd actually get hurt by now?

2. Ash was never hurt when his Charizard uses Flamethrower on him. He just turns black and, two seconds later, is magically healed. It gets really old. X__x

Edward Elric said:

May as well ask how Elmer Fudd survives a gunshot to the head after inspecting his gun through the holes when thinking "No mo' buwets." Or how Wily Coyote is STILL chasing Road Runner after having taken gigantic boulder, anvils and other ton-weighing objects to his entire body.
Well, the anime could at least be a bit more realistic, neh?

Last edited:

Fatal

Banned
Faerie said:
Well, the anime could at least be a bit more realistic, neh?

Yes, while I understand that impossible things happen in cartoons, what really gets to me is when Ash babbles on to his Pokemon forever and a day when someone is about to die or something is about to fall.

S

sephiroth follower

heres one in EVERY battle ash tells his pokemon to dodge attacks unless his pokemon are stupid( or he trained them to be) shouldn't they already do it

here's two mewtwo kill people the three ancint birds almost do (ash) yet apparently no other pokemon (other than legenderies)can kill someone (I'm sure they'd like to)

Polursine

Leave my posts alone
I'm very confused that in Pokemon: The First Movie (beginning) Pikachu used Thunderbolt on a Golem who then got knocked out!

Yeah, them TR robots are everywhere, and usually suit the situation they're in.

Now, after over 300 eps, you'd think they'd have learnt noe to escape in a hot air balloon. And their submarine always is something stupid, and how can they pedal for so long?

Chris

Old Coot
sephiroth follower said:
heres one in EVERY battle ash tells his pokemon to dodge attacks unless his pokemon are stupid( or he trained them to be) shouldn't they already do it
Not exactly. Sometimes trainers will command a Pokémon to stay and GUARD the attack. It's all part of strategy and a part of actual fighting. Either dodge or block the hit. Sometimes Pokémon aren't fast enough to dodge certain attacks and have to block them, rather than take the attack in an unguarded moment as they try to avoid it.

sephiroth follower said:
here's two mewtwo kill people the three ancint birds almost do (ash) yet apparently no other pokemon (other than legenderies)can kill someone (I'm sure they'd like to)
Myuutwo blew up everything on the island by causing the whole building to explode and collapse. You actually think they'd comically allow them to survive?

Fatal

Banned
Also in FR/LG, when you use fly while surfing, the surf Pokemon just gets left in the water, but then you still have it with you (of course). That's kind of really annoying!

Last edited:

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
Edward Elric said:
Not exactly. Sometimes trainers will command a Pokémon to stay and GUARD the attack. It's all part of strategy and a part of actual fighting. Either dodge or block the hit. Sometimes Pokémon aren't fast enough to dodge certain attacks and have to block them, rather than take the attack in an unguarded moment as they try to avoid it.

Real shame the anime writers choose to be repetitive and almost always go with the former than the latter. No wonder Kortoise got screwed over, they seem to have this preference towards evasive strategy than anything else. Speaking of Kortoise, even it was fitted to such strategies (even if it seemed to have not pull it off as well as Satoshi's other Pokemon), in spite of what it should be naturally adept at: a slow-moving shield with a projectile offense. Instead, we get a desert tortoise that's able to run and jump 20 feet in the air, just what the hell were they smoking? Oddly enough, they seem to have absolutely no problem with fitting Heigani into the role of a defensive Pokemon.

kennychan007

Saiyan-Human Warrior
Judai Yuki said:
Team Rocket should be dead taking thunderbolts over 400 time wtf thats crazy

Yes, I argee. Team Rocket must die when they are electric shocked over many time. In real world, they must die just 1 time for 20 seconds.